ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs Belmont (Stadium via Facebook), 6:30PM, Thursday, November 16, 2017

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
BELMONT
Series:
MT leads 22-15
Colors: Navy, Red & White Nickname: Bruins Conference: Ohio Valley
Facility: Curb Event Center (5,000)
Head Coach: Rick Byrd Tennessee 1976
BU Record: 662-331 (31 seasons) Overall Record: 754-386 (36 seasons)
2016-17 Record: 23-7, 15-1 (1st OVC) 2017 Postseason: NIT Second Round
Starters R/L: 3/2 Lettermen R/L: 10/4 Newcomers: 6

TV: Stadium Talent: Chris Hassel, Tim Scarborough, Kristen Balboni

Last edited:
Belmont beat Vandy...gonna be a tough game. But they will not have that home court on Friday, let all turn out!

Anyone know of a way to watch this? Can’t believe I will have to miss this.

Belmont opens as a 6 point road favorite. Expect that to go way down. Will be big money on the Raiders at home.

MT -6 now

I kind of like Belmont here.....not saying they win but 6 is a lot in a game like this.

I predict Belmont wins. The Murray State win was ugly. They covered the perimeter and forced our inside game to win and we did. That is because they didn't have a good inside defense. Belmont will have a good inside defense. We win this game in January but not now. I don't think our team chemistry is there yet. Belmont beating Vanderbilt tells me that they are ahead of us at this point in time. We will see.

excerpt:

...The Belmont Bruins will travel to the Murphy Athletic Center to take on the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders this Thursday night in College Basketball action.

The Belmont Bruins (1-1) picked up their 1st win of the season after defeating the Vanderbilt Commodores, 69-60, this past Monday night. Belmont was solid on the defensive end throughout the night and had no trouble securing the victory after they took a 44-36 lead with 13:03 remaining in the 2nd half. Belmont held Vanderbilt to just 35.4% shooting from the field and 17.4% (4-23) shooting from beyond the arc in the win. Leading the way for the Bruins was Dylan Windler who had a double-double with 24 points, 11 rebounds, 2 steals, and an assist. Also contributing for the Bruins was Amanze Egekeze who had 22 points, 7 rebounds, and a block. On the season, Belmont is averaging 75.5 ppg on 45.4% shooting from the field. The Bruins are averaging 8.0 three-pointers per game on 27.6% shooting from beyond the arc. Offensively, Belmont has been led by Dylan Windler (21.0 ppg, 11.0 rpg, 2.5 apg, 1.5 spg), Amanze Egekeze (19.5 ppg, 6.0 rpg, 2.0 apg), Nick Hopkins (14.5 ppg, 2.0 rpg, 1.0 apg), and Kevin McClain (10.0 ppg, 3.5 rpg). Defensively, Belmont is allowing their opponents to average 73.0 ppg on 45.0% shooting from the field. The Bruins currently have a rebound margin of -4.0 and a turnover margin of 2.0.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders won their 2nd consecutive game to start their season after defeating the Murray State Racers, 72-67, this past Monday. In a tight, back and forth game, Middle Tennessee turned up the defense late in the 2nd half and held on late after taking a 68-62 lead with just 3:22 left in regulation. Middle Tennessee shot 43.9% from the field, however, struggled from beyond the arc after hitting just 8.3% (1-12) of their three-pointers. Leading the way for the Blue Raiders was Nick King who had 31 points, 5 rebounds, 2 steals, and an assist. Also contributing for Middle Tennessee was Giddy Potts who had 7 points, 8 rebounds, 4 steals, 1 assist, and a block. On the season, Middle Tennessee is averaging 88.0 ppg on 48.8% shooting from the field. The Blue Raiders are averaging 6.0 three-pointers per game on 30.0% shooting from the field. Offensviely, Middle Tennessee has been led by Nick King (24.0 ppg, 5.5 rpg) Giddy Potts (11.0 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 1.5 apg, 2.0 spg), Antwain Johnson (11.0 ppg, 1.5 rpg, 2.0 apg, 2.0 spg), and Karl Gamble (8.5 ppg, 5.5 rpg, 2.0 apg). Defensively, Middle Tennessee is holding their opponents to an average of 59.5 ppg on 37.9% shooting from the field. The Blue Raiders have a rebound margin of 11.0 and a turnover margin of 11.0.

The Bruins are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 Thursday games and 7-3 ATS in their last 10 road games. The Blue Raiders are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 Thursday games and 8-2 ATS in their last 10 non-conference games.

Belmont could be easily 2-0 after they let one get away from them at Washington, however, the Bruins do have some question marks early in the season as Belmont has really struggled from beyond the arc and has been hurt on the boards. Middle Tennessee lost two of their best players from last year’s team in JaCorey Williams and Reggie Upshaw, however, did return a great scorer in Giddy Potts and has to be thrilled with the early production they’ve gotten from graduate transfer, Nick King. Belmont is a solid team, however, Middle Tennessee has the talent to crack the top-25 this season.....

I predict Belmont wins. The Murray State win was ugly. They covered the perimeter and forced our inside game to win and we did. That is because they didn't have a good inside defense. Belmont will have a good inside defense. We win this game in January but not now. I don't think our team chemistry is there yet. Belmont beating Vanderbilt tells me that they are ahead of us at this point in time. We will see.

You could be right...but this game is at the Murph and Vandy shot 35% for the game. Good teams win ugly.

I think we get more minutes from Walters and Giddy will score more.

Reactions: MTsumner92
BTW, inside Murphy Center, Puckett's is killing it at their concession stand. In love with their cobbler...
I hit them up a couple times during football season. Worth the walk to the other side of!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT