ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-2) vs Colorado State (0-2) (ESPN+) Homecoming/Hall of Fame , 6PM, Saturday, September 23, 2023

AlbertEinstein.png

I don’t take things personally anyways. We’re all good here. I’ll continue to annoy y’all with my optimism 😂
You are by far the most optimistic one on the board!! Best part is when you clarify it by stating you are newer here than most of us! Very self-aware!! It's Groundhog Day every single year with this football program.

I want so hard to be optimistic. I just can't find it after 16 out of 18 years being virtually the same thing. Fool me once....? What is it after over a dozen? Beyond idiocy? I'm pretty sure one of the greatest minds of the modern era had it pegged...
Same here.... I went to first two home games. So much room for improvement all around, not just on the field.

I want so hard to be optimistic. I just can't find it after 16 out of 18 years being virtually the same thing. Fool me once....? What is it after over a dozen? Beyond idiocy? I'm pretty sure one of the greatest minds of the modern era had it pegged...
100%.

What dumbass thought it was a good idea to celebrate coach .500 and his 100 wins... or was it his 100 losses?

I'm optimistic. I believe we can win every game. As long as I have my blue goggles on that is. In reality, I see how we played against CSU (and Murray) and know we will get boat raced by WKU.

But I'll still watch decked out in blue. I have learned to see when things are going bad and cut it off. Not get pissed and let it ruin my day like I used to. Just like I did after the scoop and score Sat night.

In other words I've come to expect letdowns, I just hope they don't come. I'm not one to just walk away but I don't hide how I feel when I talk to Lee or CM anymore. I'll tag em all day now.

We all know when he does retire he will be in the HOF right off the bat which honestly is quite sad in my book. He wins a couple champs and a few more bowls before he quits, ok.

That scoop and score had me embracing my pessimistic side. I got up and told the lady we needed to leave. She told me we were staying till the end and I got my hopes up when they started driving down the field. Definitely said some choice words on the way to my truck. Ruined my night for sure.

Lee DeLeon talks about the build blue campaign here in this longer you tube, about the 17:30 mark is where his time starts...

Man.
Lee DeLeon talks about the build blue campaign here in this longer you tube, about the 17:30 mark is where his time starts...
Regardless of results and issues with Stock, CM, and McP, you have got to give Lee and Hans and their team credit. $22.8m raised. Wow. Proud to have my name part of it.

For those that didn't listen, SAPC $66m is fully funded through student fees, donations, and state dollars, and funds are now being raised for Murphy renovations. Hotel in development phase and will be in RV lot or across street.

That scoop and score had me embracing my pessimistic side. I got up and told the lady we needed to leave. She told me we were staying till the end and I got my hopes up when they started driving down the field. Definitely said some choice words on the way to my truck. Ruined my night for sure.

One bright side that you can definitely take. That’s a quality woman right there. Bravo Zulu.

Man.

Regardless of results and issues with Stock, CM, and McP, you have got to give Lee and Hans and their team credit. $22.8m raised. Wow. Proud to have my name part of it.

For those that didn't listen, SAPC $66m is fully funded through student fees, donations, and state dollars, and funds are now being raised for Murphy renovations. Hotel in development phase and will be in RV lot or across street.
so they are going to build a quality inn before the IPF? that is ass backwards

Reactions: Hop45

Imagine if we'd actually have an athletic program with a pulse to sell alongside it.

That why this is so disheartening. The potential is there. It's so obvious. Why can't anyone see the problem in the football program?!?!?!

Saturday night pretty much did it for me. I went to the game and walked away just whatever. I no longer really care what they decide to do about anything. We all see the GLARING issues of this program from top to bottom and they simply do not care. That's why I laughed at the gameday experience improvement ideas because that's putting lipstick on a pig. There is no fixing this at this point. The leadership ain't changing so there's no point. I'll root for the team and the kids but I probably won't ever go back to see a game unless there is a reason to and with this product that I watched, I ain't holding my breath.

Saturday night pretty much did it for me. I went to the game and walked away just whatever. I no longer really care what they decide to do about anything. We all see the GLARING issues of this program from top to bottom and they simply do not care. That's why I laughed at the gameday experience improvement ideas because that's putting lipstick on a pig. There is no fixing this at this point. The leadership ain't changing so there's no point. I'll root for the team and the kids but I probably won't ever go back to see a game unless there is a reason to and with this product that I watched, I ain't holding my breath.
I was there too. Fair comment... I totally get it... Our apathy is all we have to show our discontent, but no one is listening.

Imagine if we'd actually have an athletic program with a pulse to sell alongside it.

That why this is so disheartening. The potential is there. It's so obvious. Why can't anyone see the problem in the football program?!?!?!
100% on this. It is what makes the apathy set in, that we know we can do better.

I fully believed way back when that CM and Stewart hatched a plan to keep MT and WKU together, honestly led by MT. For me it was reaffirmed by the huge amount the two of us received from CUSA last fiscal, including ours being almost double WKU, who was double the other three. Say what you want, that was incentive to get us to stay.

When THE top two overall programs for the past decade in CUSA get left behind, it's intentional. I get why we stayed ($8m reasons why), but I sure as heck hope our admin didn't bury us further.

I hold up things will change for the better simply because of the blue blood in my veins. But beyond the $ raising, not much has shown things will change until as said above, the regime changes.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
What's frustrating is there are programs in MT's athletic department that I feel are striving to succeed. I truly believe Men's & women's basketball "wants" to succeed. Men's tennis & track "wants" to succeed. Find it difficult that some of the football coaches just coasting along are comfortable showing their faces around the varying deparmental coaches who put in 10 times the effort to succeed. On the surface it's always a big happy family, but on the down low you know there has to be backroom talk of why are some of these bozo's still around here.

Last season did this for me. I still go to a game or 2 each season, but only because I live 2 miles from the stadium. I just do not care any more. I used to live and die with each Blue Raider win/loss, would be tailgating at 8:30 AM for a 6:00 PM game, would sit through piss poor weather to be at the game in person. Not any more. I have games on the TV in the comfort of my home and the Blue Raiders on my phone when they are on ESPN+. So tired of every season being so predictable. Same mistakes on the field, same weaknesses noted, same excuses after losses, no excitement or enthusiasm from the coaching staff showing a real desire to win. I've said it before on here but the apathy expressed by the die hards on this board (myself included) is SO much worse than being angry. When you are angry, it shows you still care.

Last season did this for me. I still go to a game or 2 each season, but only because I live 2 miles from the stadium. I just do not care any more. I used to live and die with each Blue Raider win/loss, would be tailgating at 8:30 AM for a 6:00 PM game, would sit through piss poor weather to be at the game in person. Not any more. I have games on the TV in the comfort of my home and the Blue Raiders on my phone when they are on ESPN+. So tired of every season being so predictable. Same mistakes on the field, same weaknesses noted, same excuses after losses, no excitement or enthusiasm from the coaching staff showing a real desire to win. I've said it before on here but the apathy expressed by the die hards on this board (myself included) is SO much worse than being angry. When you are angry, it shows you still care.
Murray was my first in years, so I went to the CSU game. I reminded me why I stopped coming and donating.

I'm about ready to retire from it again.

Nothing more to say.
sad that most of us die hards feel this way cause I think Most of us would love to get back to all of the above.

Last edited:
They can't manage an athletic department much less a hotel.
If a hotel was needed in that area I would think a private developer would have already built one.
Typical boneheaded decisions by our incompetent leadership.

1,761 Days. That's how many since I last set foot on campus.

There have been so many final straws that I finally had to be honest with myself. Although the game itself wasn't necessarily the reason Dec 1, 2018 was the last game I attended, and I haven't been back since.

Any chance of my return was squashed when we learned that not only did this administration give CRS another new contract (knowing how the fan base felt about it), they had the audacity to spit in our faces by adding the auto extensions back AND lowering the bar back to just six wins to get it.

At this point I care only for the future - the next generation - if there even is one for MT football. They have ruined it during mine.

I just hope y’all die hards come back full steam ahead when we finally get a new coach.

I'll be back. I like MTSU and am very happy with everything thats going on except the football program (really the only sport I care about in more than a passing interest). I come back to this message board every year even though I know what the season will hold.

I've said thousands of times that I don't fans can demand anything from an athletic program - not wins, results, or anything concrete - except effort. That's the bargain you make with your fan base - you will do your best to win at the highest level you can, and we will support you with our hearts and wallets.

I just can't support Stockstill's continued lack of effort and the AD's willingness to continue to let that go and apparently even encourage it.

To me, that's fraud.

I am curious, about the brand of hotel we are putting in. They may have announced and I missed it.

Most universities go with a Marriott brand, Hilton brand, Holiday Inn or a boutique style University Inn and Convention center. It would not surprise me at all if we signed a deal with Quality Inn or another Choice Hotel, which are routinely rated the worst hotel chain. Hopefully we got this right.

Last edited:
I am curious, about the brand of hotel we are putting in. They may have announced and I missed it.

Most universities go with a Marriott brand, Hilton brand, Holiday Inn or a boutique style University Inn and Convention center. It would not surprise me at all if we signed a deal with Quality Inn or another Choice Hotel, which are routinely rated the worst hotel chain. Hopefully we got this right.
I'm more worried we stick with a local independent and have a second Jackson Motel. Kinda like having a powerful radio station available that reaches thousands yet we choose the local one that can't reach from the university to my driveway 7 miles away.

That is the process they are in right now. I would hope it is Marriott or Hilton. Period. end of story.

On another side note….where in the world does WKU get their money to have such an amazing campus, facilities, and fan engagement? It’s like a P5 atmosphere! MTSU is late to the game keeping up. The complete oversight is unbelievable. Why? The campus hasn’t changed much since the 90s. That goes to the top decision makers. This football team has some incredible pieces that need to be utilized more, win some games & build this program up. Watching every game it is very possible we could be sitting 4-1 right now. Should have & could have won Mizzou, CSU, & WKU games. Let’s hope as a staff & with hopefully some influential players this team can turn it around. To MTSU fans I beg…do not give up on this team. If you have, then please go find something else to complain about because this does nothing to promote what you claim to love! I get it. It is frustrating but supporting these players may give you what you yearn for in the end. Not supporting them is just going to sabotage the program more which is counterproductive and will not get the desired outcome. Either you are for the team or against them. Your choice! Where are the True Blue fans?

I appreciate your ardent support to the Raiders players. I believe your point of reference is however coming from a different perspective as compared to the other posters on board. Their comments are not to disparage the players, but to the powers that be whom have put these young men in an unfortunate & failing program. I could be wrong but I anticipate you may be a newer younger member to this sight. 1st thing I would say is welcome aboard. All messages are welcome & never frowned upon.
For many of the members here they have proudly followed some or all variety of MT athletics for as little as 5 years to over 50 plus years of fan devotion. And have proudly invested thousands upon thousands of $$ through those years towards their football program. For these members to see a once proud program assembled by men such as Bubber Murphy & Boots Donnely to be destroyed by men whose own selfish interests are to pad their own retirements has become terribly painful for them. Hopefully that in retrospect that's something you & a few others can see when looking at things a bit differently.
Back to your side note. You brought up WKU's fan engagement & facilities compared to ours. Well, there you go. Western got started on the whole fbs football thing a bit later than we did. But what you saw was an administration that cares about providing its fans a strong & successful football program. They have won & won big in a relatively short period of time. What you see when looking at the stands at Floyd Stadium in comparison for the rest of this year will be the results of an administration & coaching staff that enjoys counting their paychecks without any accountability to a failed program they themselves have created.
In closing, some of us have moved on while others will probably never be able to until those in charge are dismissed or retire. But one thing to assure you is I don't think anyone here ever had bitter feelings towards any of our players. Whether in wins or losses their efforts will always be admired & appreciated by all Blue Raider fans.

I go to Senior Day, at a minimum, every year just so there is one more butt there in the stands for the players.

On another side note….where in the world does WKU get their money to have such an amazing campus, facilities, and fan engagement? It’s like a P5 atmosphere! MTSU is late to the game keeping up. The complete oversight is unbelievable. Why? The campus hasn’t changed much since the 90s. That goes to the top decision makers. This football team has some incredible pieces that need to be utilized more, win some games & build this program up. Watching every game it is very possible we could be sitting 4-1 right now. Should have & could have won Mizzou, CSU, & WKU games. Let’s hope as a staff & with hopefully some influential players this team can turn it around. To MTSU fans I beg…do not give up on this team. If you have, then please go find something else to complain about because this does nothing to promote what you claim to love! I get it. It is frustrating but supporting these players may give you what you yearn for in the end. Not supporting them is just going to sabotage the program more which is counterproductive and will not get the desired outcome. Either you are for the team or against them. Your choice! Where are the True Blue fans?
Mrs Stockstill is that you? To answer your question the fan base has been run off by the people who have destroyed any semblance of legitimacy to this university and its athletics program. through incompetence, ignorance, arrogance, complacency, and paternalism. They have left us no choice but to leave. That’s why I said in another post it’s a travesty and it’s sad what has become of us.

Reactions: Hop45
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT