ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-2) vs Colorado State (0-2) (ESPN+) Homecoming/Hall of Fame , 6PM, Saturday, September 23, 2023

I'm attending my MT home game in like 10 year on the Wednesday night game. What's the details on the end zone beer garden? Are those extra tickets?
Nope. They have booths set up at most of the gates to check ID and get a wristband. After that you just go on in the garden and have at it.

Surprisingly nice crowd tonight. And what a touchdown! Willis is doing great -- exceptional get as a transfer from USF.

Well boys, we just dropped a turd on the field there. Offensive line didn't block at all, horrible play design, just shit all over.

CSU 31
MT 17

It is -2.5

MTSU has a good record against the spread at home, so that is taken into account. We've amassed that good record ATS at home though against mostly weak teams in late November.

Sharp betters are going to be on CSU +2.5 in my opinion

I have the Rams winning this game, with a clutch second half performance from their defensive line and QB/WR's. They are going to pick our secondary apart IMO. The Horton guy will be playing on Sundays and the Ross-Simmons kid is really good too.

Our offense should do okay but I don't see anything more than maybe 24 points. OL is going to have a lot of problems, especially in the second half when their best defensive player returns from targeting penalty (Mohamed Kamara). Our defense will get its sacks and negative plays but I don't think it'll be enough to overcome the big plays they give up in return.

Yall are about to see just how bad this secondary really is and why I have complained about it so much this year.

Hmmmm

Game over.

Went out with a whimper in the 2nd half.

Stockstill is shit, and his whole program is shit because of him.

Absolute f'n disgrace on the sidelines.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTOleBlue
1-11 here we come!!!

You wish.

6-6, with the all important bowl eligibility fight coming @ Sam Houston State to close the season.

Stockstill needs to keep adding those auto extensions on his contract for continued leverage, and McPhee and Massaro have to get those tropical winter vacations.

why is the stadium having a party with fireworks and loud party music after a pathetic second half performance and loss to a winless garbage team ?

You literally don't see that anywhere else in the country, at any level.

Holy mother of god this program is beyond saving. They are unspeakably ignorant and live in a bubble the size of my nutsack.

You wish.

6-6, with the all important bowl eligibility fight coming @ Sam Houston State to close the season.

Stockstill needs to keep adding those auto extensions on his contract for continued leverage, and McPhee and Massaro have to get those tropical winter vacations.
I would be surprised if they are in that situation.

I still think this is a good team. They beat themselves today. Blocked extra point, going for it on fourth instead of kicking the FG, fumble for a touchdown, fake FG. Literally everything went CSU’s way minus a couple of dropped passes. Still had a chance to tie it at the end. The crowd was very good and surprisingly stayed pretty much the entire game. Attendance was 19,806. We thought it looked about half full at its peak today. Kudos to CSU, they brought a few fans. I’d guess 500 or so. I was not expecting more than a handful. Grove was very lively and we had a lot of newer tailgaters around us. Students showed up in a big way. I’m excited to see what our weeknight games look like. I would have liked the win but I’m still optimistic about our chances in conference play.

Honest question.

Do you have any affiliation with the AD? Are you a shill?

I still think this is a good team. They beat themselves today. Blocked extra point, going for it on fourth instead of kicking the FG, fumble for a touchdown, fake FG. Literally everything went CSU’s way minus a couple of dropped passes. Still had a chance to tie it at the end. The crowd was very good and surprisingly stayed pretty much the entire game. Attendance was 19,806. We thought it looked about half full at its peak today. Kudos to CSU, they brought a few fans. I’d guess 500 or so. I was not expecting more than a handful. Grove was very lively and we had a lot of newer tailgaters around us. Students showed up in a big way. I’m excited to see what our weeknight games look like. I would have liked the win but I’m still optimistic about our chances in conference play.

Just a horrible second half performance by the coaches and the team. Stayed in the stadium til the last second and the last hope ran out. As the fireworks were exploding over head, I cursed at every explosion on the way to my car.

It's a shame for it was a pretty decent crowd for homecoming. That's always the case when stockstill and team lays an egg.

Reactions: ewglenn
Honest question.

Do you have any affiliation with the AD? Are you a shill?
No, I do not have any ties to the AD. I refer to myself as an optimistic realist. I knew we would lose the game but I look at positives a lot more than I do negatives. Plus I haven’t been a fan here long enough to be as bitter as most of you. I can say, that is slowly starting to change lol.

I like your optimistic realist philosophy. I use the same principles not only as a Blue Raider football fan, but with my golf game as well. For example, my golf game sucks. Plain & simple. But after a terrible game I could always remember 1 or 2 good swings. Similar situation to our MT football team. Instead of getting bitter watching a mediocre team play a relatively poor game, I just turn on the game post mortem & pick out a few highlights. Like "hey there was a nice catch!" Or "hey there's a nice shot of the moon over Johnny Red Floyd stadium."
To be a MT football fan these days you have to accept a lot of consistent mediocrity in our program. Anyway you're right, bitterness won't get you anywhere. But a little bit of apathy will at least get you a good night's sleep. Now on to a couple more post game highlights against WKU Thursday night! Just like in my golf game I'm sure I can find at least 1 or 2.

LMAO at you.

You dismantled your own thoughts with your second sentence. Good teams don’t beat themselves.

LMAO at you.

You dismantled your own thoughts with your second sentence. Good teams don’t beat themselves.
Good is a relative term. I’m saying I think they are good enough to be the third best team in the league. I don’t see a championship team but they’re not going 1-11.

I keep a really good record of Stock's results, making note of his record against teams that finish the season, bowls and everything, with a .500 or better record.

Against G5 teams that have done that his record is .333. Against G5 teams period he is .578. Those records will get worse I think after this season.
We won't finish 1-11, no. But with this smaller league, there aren't going to be those really bad teams to beat up on at the end of the season every year. His chances to do so will get less and his chances to hit .500 himself will get less.

FYI his overall G5 out of conference record is 15-15. Go figure.

Reactions: MTFAN61
I keep a really good record of Stock's results, making note of his record against teams that finish the season, bowls and everything, with a .500 or better record.

Against G5 teams that have done that his record is .333. Against G5 teams period he is .578. Those records will get worse I think after this season.
We won't finish 1-11, no. But with this smaller league, there aren't going to be those really bad teams to beat up on at the end of the season every year. His chances to do so will get less and his chances to hit .500 himself will get less.

FYI his overall G5 out of conference record is 15-15. Go figure.
I’ve done a deep dive into breaking down his career record several times and it’s downright pathetic. The program is locked into a bad contract and without money to ge5 out of it, they are stuck until he retires. I personally think its to the point he needs to feel more shame and pressure from the outside about the lack of performance with some hope he realizes his legacy is in jeopardy and makes the decision to retire.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I loved the UT tent next to us in the grove! It defines the MT fan!

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Our play calling on the reverse deep in our own territory was a joke. The DB that quit in the end zone should sit the remainder of the season. If he even knew where the football was he may have been able to make a play. The funny thing is we got beat by bad offensive line coaching when we were passing and then terrible pass defense all night. We will win three to four games if we are lucky. I doubt our qb survives the pass blocking and stays healthy.

I'm attending my MT home game in like 10 year on the Wednesday night game. What's the details on the end zone beer garden? Are those extra tickets?
Nope. Just have to be 21 or older. Usually fills up pretty good once the game starts.

No, but it can be a long wait. Last night was horrible, I ended up giving up on beer in the beer garden.

LMAO at you.

Dont be an A**. Its not like we were curb stomped by an FCS team. CSU took CU to 2OT (not that CU is a world beater now) and they are a mid to high mid G5 team. Close game.

I think we still win 6, but this weekend was super disappointing. Sucked my excitement for the season (yes, some of us still have that) right out the window. It was clear we were not beating Mizzou and Bama, but this game was pivotal for me.

WKU should win by double digits. If we can squeak out a W then maybe the season can be salvaged.

And dont knock the fireworks. My kids loved them and that matters for fans bringing their family. Maybe you wanted to walk out to a violin?

Reactions: ewglenn
Dont be an A**. Its not like we were curb stomped by an FCS team. CSU took CU to 2OT (not that CU is a world beater now) and they are a mid to high mid G5 team. Close game.

I think we still win 6, but this weekend was super disappointing. Sucked my excitement for the season (yes, some of us still have that) right out the window. It was clear we were not beating Mizzou and Bama, but this game was pivotal for me.

WKU should win by double digits. If we can squeak out a W then maybe the season can be salvaged.

And dont knock the fireworks. My kids loved them and that matters for fans bringing their family. Maybe you wanted to walk out to a violin?

So many things to say to this. First, Colorado isn't that good. Don't buy the hype though after what Oregon did to them that should be realized by now.

Second, after two decades of this, I'm going to call out the premise that this is a good team or good football. It's not. I guess I just have little patience for that after all these years of groundhog day. Wasn't personal. There's nothing worse than sunshine pumpers providing praise in the face of reality and what we actually are almost 20 years into CRS. But even Glen is finally starting to get it.

Third, you then go on to talk about how we're going to lose the next game by double digits. That says more than enough does it not?

And lastly I didn't say anything about fireworks.

Cheers!

Last edited:
So many things to say to this. First, Colorado isn't that good. Don't buy the hype though after what Oregon did to them that should be realized by now.

Second, after two decades of this, I'm going to call out the premise that this is a good team or good football. It's not. I guess I just have little patience for that after all these years of groundhog day. Wasn't personal. There's nothing worse than sunshine pumpers providing praise in the face of reality and what we actually are almost 20 years into CRS. But even Glen is finally starting to get it.

Third, you then go on to talk about how we're going to lose the next game by double digits. That says more than enough does it not?

And lastly I didn't say anything about fireworks.

Cheers!
I don’t take things personally anyways. We’re all good here. I’ll continue to annoy y’all with my optimism 😂

I want so hard to be optimistic. I just can't find it after 16 out of 18 years being virtually the same thing. Fool me once....? What is it after over a dozen? Beyond idiocy? I'm pretty sure one of the greatest minds of the modern era had it pegged...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT