ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Alabama ($ec/ESPN Network), 6:30PM Saturday, Sept. 2, 2023

Managed to lose this game by about the same amount of all other losses combined against Bama if you added up the other three times we played them. Sorry if I don’t see the positives. We have some good players in some positions - as usual - but not enough of them to win a conf title. Not even in this watered down FCS league we’re now in

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Managed to lose this game by about the same amount of all other losses combined against Bama if you added up the other three times we played them. Sorry if I don’t see the positives. We have some good players in some positions - as usual - but not enough of them to win a conf title. Not even in this watered down FCS league we’re now in
I didn't expect to win, but geez it seems when MT is up against good teams, there is nothing to be optimistic about. MT is not even competive. Maybe they'll be in the game next week for a half, but I don't expect a win, maybe keep it within 28 or 31.

Rinse and repeat, Same Ol Blue Raiders. We should book Ohio st., Oklahoma and UGA next year.

We were playing a team that’s offensive line was bigger than every NFL teams. Y’all calm down…

Reactions: arg3b
We were playing a team that’s offensive line was bigger than every NFL teams. Y’all calm down…

That has nothing to do with how bad our secondary is. There’s always at least two position groups that’s bad every season. Never a complete team we have and you can already tell this even though we were playing a superior team. I think that’s what folks are getting at. This is the least competitive I’ve seen us against anyone in a long time. The Bama team we played in ‘15 was better than what we saw tonight and we only lost 37-10.

Post game sucks as usual. Audio problems.

And it cuts to music.
There is never anything new to hear, one post game is same as the next.

I am hoping for improvement as the season goes by, but not sure if with the new conference makeup, if the competition progressively declines enough as the schedule plays out to do anything more than .500, and that may be this team's ceiling.

I like Chip's color guy. Joe Dubin is an upgrade

That has nothing to do with how bad our secondary is. There’s always at least two position groups that’s bad every season. Never a complete team we have and you can already tell this even though we were playing a superior team. I think that’s what folks are getting at. This is the least competitive I’ve seen us against anyone in a long time. The Bama team we played in ‘15 was better than what we saw tonight and we only lost 37-10.

Exactly. Secondary and OL are going to big problems for us.

As always, when we play bad to mediocre teams we will have a chance to win. But when we play a complete and sound team….well…you already know.

Look, we played BAMA. They are back in terms of D and their O is always gonna roll. It's a horrible idea to face them first game. However, it is what it is,

Reactions: ewglenn
I don’t see it. We get roasted there too.

I'm not predicting a win or even a close game.

But today, it was like watching college football players play freshmen in high school, such was the physical disparity.

The Bama secondary looked like they were running at 60% speed and were still stuck on our guys like glue.

I just don't see Mizzou have those kinds of athletes. They'll still chunk 5 TDs to Luther Burden, but we should be able to keep it closer than today.

I went into this game expecting this outcome, so I’m not disappointed. I was very disappointed and frustrated when we played Army and James Madison. That’s not being competitive and being embarrassed by peer schools

Yeah I’m not sure what everyone was expecting. This was in line with what I was thinking. We were outmatched and it showed. There were some positives imo and some concerns. Missouri will be a better matchup but we “should” still get a solid beat down there. I’ve said this entire offseason the one game that will make or break us is Colorado State.

Yeah I’m not sure what everyone was expecting. This was in line with what I was thinking. We were outmatched and it showed. There were some positives imo and some concerns. Missouri will be a better matchup but we “should” still get a solid beat down there. I’ve said this entire offseason the one game that will make or break us is Colorado State.
I do think playing BAMA and Mizzou will make us a tougher minded squad. Nothing to be afraid of now. We just played the best level out there. BAMA is top 3 at least. CSU gave up 50 last night to Washington St. I agree that CSU will be the test.

Someone remind me what his season opener record is now?
FCS 5-1
FBS 1-11
G5 1-4
P5 0-7
Home 6-4
Away 0-8
Overall 6-12

1st half of season 43-59
2nd half of season 66-45

Now 99-102 against FBS
Now 6-34 against Autonomy Schools

We really need to make an FCS the first game so going in to a $ game with Bama or Georgia and the like we can at least come back home 1-1.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpaceRaider
I agree with that. We must win the FCS game though. We have the 4th longest tenured coach in football. It’s time to move on.

Reactions: Hop45

The fact that you expect it is telling. This is far and away not Alabamas best team. Like I said before that ‘15 team we played was much better than the one we saw last night.

I expect an 18th year head coach not to get skull drug 56-7 by anyone Emphasis on 18th. But at least it was a ranked team vs what we saw in the opener last year.

Reactions: Raiderclyde
The fact that you expect it is telling. This is far and away not Alabamas best team. Like I said before that ‘15 team we played was much better than the one we saw last night.

I expect an 18th year head coach not to get skull drug 56-7 by anyone Emphasis on 18th. But at least it was a ranked team vs what we saw in the opener last year.
A 2-11 ULM lost 34-0 to that same Bama team. They really didn’t blow anyone out that season.

JMU was just about the best team we played last year. UTSA could be argued but JMU never got to play for the SBC title even though they earned the opportunity to plsy in the champ game.

BAMA is on a whole different level and in my mind, they are back.

This BAMA is improved over last year on D alone. A lot better on D. The O is more than fine. They are on their way back.

We were always going to get destroyed. It’s ALABAMA. An Elite caliber team. Couple that with Stock teams always starting bad, it’s par for the course. I’m not putting too much thought into it. When we play a Missouri we can expect slightly more but still we aren’t on that level. Why does our OL suck every single year?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT