ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Alabama ($ec/ESPN Network), 6:30PM Saturday, Sept. 2, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, links are a work in progress:

attachment-Alabama-Stadium-Photo.jpeg

Founded: 1831 Enrollment: 38,320
Colors: Crimson and White Nickname: Crimson Tide
Series: UA leads 3-0
Stadium: Bryant-Denny (100,077)
Head Coach: Nick Saban (Kent State, 1973)
Record at UA: 194-27 (17th) Overall: 285-69-1 (28th)
2022 Record: 11-2 2022 Bowl: Sugar Bowl
Starters Ret./Lost: 14/13 Lettermen R/L: 48/26

Television: SEC NETWORK (Play-By-Play: Tom Hart, Analyst: Jordan Rodgers, Sideline: Cole Cubelic)

Radio: Local WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM, Nashville 93.3 FM/95.1 FM (Murfreesboro), Sirius XM SRM 190, Internet 990, Play-by-play Chip Walters (33rd season) Analyst Joe Dubin (1st season)

Live Stats: Live Stats

Live Stream: fuboTV (Start your free trial)

Newspapers: Tuscaloosa News, Birmingham News/Al.com, The Crimson White,

Message Boards: Tide Illustrated, TideFans.com, Alabama @ SECrant.com, BamaOnLine,

Blogs: BammerHammer.com, RollTideDaily, RollBamaRoll.com, mybama.com, tidefans.com,

Athletic site: RollTide.com , GoBlueRaiders.com

Media Guides: Alabama, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews:

Game Notes:
Alabama Game Notes, Middle Tennessee Game Notes, C-USA Football Notes

Roster: Crimson Tide , Blue Raiders

Game Previews: Early Look: 3 Things To Know about Middle Tennessee,

Twitter: @UA_Athletics, @AlabamaFTBL, @tommydeas, @uagameday, @ByCasagrande, @mzenitz, @JTalty, @WritingWalsh, @AaronSuttles,

Hashtags:
#RollTide, #RTR, #MTvsBama,

Facebook: Alabama Athletics, Alabama Football,

Youtube: UA Athletics, @BamaFootball, @TouchdownAlabamaMagazine, @bamacentral, @thebamastandard, @TideTalkLive

Instagram: @AlabamaFBL

PREVIOUS GAME THREADS:

Middle Tennessee @ Alabama ($ec Network), 3PM Saturday, Sept. 12, 2015

Last edited:

Last edited:
Jonathan Butler is back as a starter also.....and Parker Hughes has worked his way into starting for us as well. all things I predicted and talked about this off season

We have great depth at LB. 6 or 7 starter quality players on our roster.

DL is decent too. Damonte Smith at DT would start at most schools. Dont be surprised to see him beat out Branch for the starting gig sooner rather than later. Smith is the better player IMO.

Right corner is a concern for me. I believe teams will try to attack us there.

So any buzz around the Boro about the upcoming season or once again the city forgets MTSU exist?

-39 is intriguing. I don’t think Alabama covers. Would love the data on MT ATS in the Stockstill era

Stole how? It was 27-6...
Now 2002 in Birmingham...that felt like a steal, 39-34.
When you get as old as me all those years just run together….2002 we recover a fumble on their side of the 50 but the referee reverses the call and claim one of our defensive tackles was holding on the play. Maybe the only time in NCAA history that call has been made. Rashard Lee ran wild on the Bama defense in the 2nd half But we lose by 4.

When you get as old as me all those years just run together….2002 we recover a fumble on their side of the 50 but the referee reverses the call and claim one of our defensive tackles was holding on the play. Maybe the only time in NCAA history that call has been made. Rashard Lee ran wild on the Bama defense in the 2nd half But we lose by 4.

Can still see Freddie Roach returning the pick six off Andrico.

Funny story on the defensive holding, I know the Umpire who threw the flag. We have called some games together. I asked him about it. He said yes, they initially reported the wrong number. But, he had warned the defensive tackle (and our coaches) multiple times. Said it was blatant. Just typical Middle that Bama fumbles when the flag is thrown.

I still put that call right up there with the 3 seconds at Memorial gym against either Dendy or Jones, but that is my blue sunglasses.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT