ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Alabama ($ec Network), 3PM Saturday, Sept. 12

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, links are a work in progress:

Television: SEC Network, (Comcast: Channel 1738, DirecTV: Channel 611, Dish: Channel 408, AT&T U-verse: Channel 1607), Play-by-Play: Tom Hart, Color Analyst: Andre Ware, Sideline: Laura Rutledge

Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1), PxP: Chip Walters, 25th Season, Analyst: Dennis Burke, 2nd Season

Streaming: Live Audio, Video - espn.go.com

Live Stats: Gametracker

Newspapers: Tuscaloosa News, Birmingham News/Al.com, The Crimson White,

Message Boards: TideSports.com, TideFans.com, Alabama @ SECrant.com, BamaOnLine, BamaMag.com, WeBleedCrimson,

Blogs: BammerHammer.com, RollTideDaily, RollBamaRoll.com, mybama.com, tidefans.com,

Athletic site:
RollTide.com , GoBlueRaiders.com

Media Guides: Alabama, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Alabama (Orlando Sentinel #4), Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #53)

Game Notes:
Alabama Game Notes, Middle Tennessee Game Notes, C-USA Football Notes

Roster: Crimson Tide , Blue Raiders

Game Previews:

Twitter: @UA_Athletics, @AlabamaFTBL, @tommydeas, @CecilHurt, @uagameday, @ByCasagrande, @mzenitz, @JTalty, @WritingWalsh, @AaronSuttles,

Hashtags:
#RollTide, #RTR, #MTvsBama,

Facebook:
Alabama Athletics, Alabama Football,

Youtube: UA Athletics,

Instagram:
@AlabamaFBL

Last edited:
My realistic goals for this game:

1) score a meaningful (i.e. 1st half) touchdown

2) final margin of 35 points or less

3) no injuries

4) force at least one turnover

Reactions: TeKEraider
Even if we lose, if we can somehow make this a game going into the 3rd quarter, I will be very happy.

May still not be in your range but I got some of stubhub for 36. There were some for 25.

Not sure what's affordable to everybody but seatgeek has several available between $28-$70. I can't guarantee that this code still works but when I signed up for their site a few months ago I used discount code MM20NOW to get $20 off my first purchase.

https://seatgeek.com/middle-tenness...ickets/ncaa-football/2015-09-12-3-pm/2425249/

Quoted the wrong post but check this out Sumner.

Reactions: C-Bow
I like the Cutrer comment. It's nice to know that at least the players arn't viewing this as a lost cause. With Stock Jr. at QB now, I imagine Stock Sr. is as focused as ever on winning every game we play. Hoping to see great effort when we roll into Tuscaloosa next week. Even though Stockstill Jr. is our starter, I hope Grammar finds a way to have a good game because I know this game means a lot to him.

What if....
Grammer gets the majority of the snaps. A running Qb has been Bama's Achilles' heel over the years. It does mean a lot to Grammer to play at home. It protects Lil Stock. Am I crazy?

it would certainly catch them off guard as they're likely preparing for Stock. No, I don't think you're crazy. I def. think we see more of Grammar against Bama, especially if Stock struggles

Reactions: SpaceRaider
As we are getting hosed by $EC refs and playing a top 10 team, remember that we are getting 1.5 million dollars for this.

A win would extra nice.

All I want us to do is play well, not get anyone injured and let the outcome be what it will be...Go Raiders!

I hope we give all of these fair weather Bama fans something to worry about.

excerpt:

...The Alabama Crimson Tide and the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders face off on Saturday in Tuscaloosa in college football action.

The Alabama Crimson Tide opened their season with a win over Wisconsin in Arlington. The Alabama offense made big plays out of broken tackles and that was the real difference maker for the Tide. Bama QB Jake Coker completed over 71 percent of his passes for 213 yards and a touchdown and Cooper Bateman was effective in relief completing seven of his eight attempts. Alabama’s running attack was impressive with Derrick Henry rushing for 147 yards and three touchdowns and Kenyan Drake ran for 77 yards and a score while Robert Foster led in reception with four and O.J. Howard had three. The Crimson Tide defense allowed just 40 rushing yards and 268 yards total in an impressive performance. Reggie Ragland led Alabama defenders with seven tackles, Eddie Jackson had six tackles, and Shaun Dion Hamilton had fiver tackles. Alabama looked impressive in week one as they keyed on the defense and the running game.

Middle Tennessee played FCS Jackson State in week one and they blew them out of the building. MTSU red shirt freshman QB Brent Stockstill had a monster first game completing 80.6 percent of his passes for 364 yards and four touchdowns. The Blue Raiders rushing attack was led by Shane Tucker who ran for 64 yards and three touchdowns and Jordan Parker who rushed for 68 yards while Ed Batties led Middle Tennessee in receptions with eight and Richie James had seven. The MTSU defense allowed just five rushing yards but of course that will be tested this week. Cavellis Luckett had six tackles to lead MTSU and Darius Harris and Quay Wayy had four tackles each. While the MTSU defense didn’t get much quality work, the offense looked in sync and while playing FCS teams usually isn’t helpful, it couldn’t have hurt Middle Tennessee.

Alabama is 1-5 against the spread following a game that they covered the spread, 1-8-1 against the spread in their last nine non-conference games, and 1-3-1 against the spread against a team with a winning road record. Middle Tennessee is 2-5 against the spread against the SEC, 2-6 against the spread in their last eight road games against a team with a winning home record, and 2-9 against the spread in their last 11 road games.....

I just want to know, when this game is much more competitive and closer than expected, is it going to be a credit to Middle Tennessee, or will it be an off day for Alabama?......

I believe that the two schools had two common opponents last year, Fau and usm, both at home . MT won both by a total margin of 6 or 7, while Alabama won both by a margin, total, of 81 points. I suspect a score of something like 45-13.

I believe that the two schools had two common opponents last year, Fau and usm, both at home . MT won both by a total margin of 6 or 7, while Alabama won both by a margin, total, of 81 points. I suspect a score of something like 45-13.
I'm hoping for something similar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT