ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (4-7, 3-4) @ Sam Houston State (2-9, 1-6), 11AM, Saturday, November 25, 2023

We would be better off to keep Stock two more years than let McPhee make this hire. And pray McPhee retires in the next two years. We are so damned if we do damned if we don’t.

If Stock were to be done, a McPhee hire would just set us up for five or six more years of futility.

We would be better off to keep Stock two more years than let McPhee make this hire. And pray McPhee retires in the next two years. We are so damned if we do damned if we don’t.

If Stock were to be done, a McPhee hire would just set us up for five or six more years of futility.
I'm about with that. McP's contract expires December '26. Smith hopefully should be gone too. Suffer through 2 more years and literally start fresh top to bottom.

Reactions: Predarat
The question is how much more damage can they do in two more years.
That's it exactly. At some point (we are past it) the AD has to ask if more $ damage is being done than the buyout. If more can be raised with the new hope of a new coach to help the buyout. As @AustinLewis said, the school would need to generate roughly $900k more annually to offset as the exact contract stands now. Of course some negotiation could happen etc.

I'm betting Lee and Hans could bring that in with a new coach.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
That's it exactly. At some point (we are past it) the AD has to ask if more $ damage is being done than the buyout. If more can be raised with the new hope of a new coach to help the buyout. As @AustinLewis said, the school would need to generate roughly $900k more annually to offset as the exact contract stands now. Of course some negotiation could happen etc.

I'm betting Lee and Hans could bring that in with a new coach.
Might want to hold that thought. I’m sure the WR coach at South Carolina is at the top of the list.

I get it. Not sure that is the right play. Losing a lot of potential fans every year. Losing potential donors and revenue as well.

The time is now.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
I'm about with that. McP's contract expires December '26. Smith hopefully should be gone too. Suffer through 2 more years and literally start fresh top to bottom.
I can’t,Just can’t do it.
I know we should wait, and not let McP or Massaro make the hire,but this shit show has got to end
Anyone, please. Just do it
Fire em All!

Win or lose, my most interest in the game is how the goobers defend Stockstill on facebook.
from the some 70 odd comments from MT football facebook post of the final score:

"We have had a poor season and there clearly needs to be some adjustments moving forward. I read all of the complaining, and people calling for a house cleaning of coaches and administration. That is a ridiculous response. Coach Stockstill has been a great asset to MT in many ways for a long time. Our President has guided this university through some difficult times and has helped it to become a top notch school that compared very favorably to any university in the country. If the naysayers would put there money where their negative mouths are it would be much more helpful. I’m a proud MT graduate and don’t quite get the raging animosity from “ true fans “ of our school! I too long to see our teams at the top of whatever conference we are in. More positives would be nice."

Steve Harvey Lol GIF by ABC Network

• Angry
Reactions: magaraider
from the some 70 odd comments from MT football facebook post of the final score:

"We have had a poor season and there clearly needs to be some adjustments moving forward. I read all of the complaining, and people calling for a house cleaning of coaches and administration. That is a ridiculous response. Coach Stockstill has been a great asset to MT in many ways for a long time. Our President has guided this university through some difficult times and has helped it to become a top notch school that compared very favorably to any university in the country. If the naysayers would put there money where their negative mouths are it would be much more helpful. I’m a proud MT graduate and don’t quite get the raging animosity from “ true fans “ of our school! I too long to see our teams at the top of whatever conference we are in. More positives would be nice."

Steve Harvey Lol GIF by ABC Network

At first I was like someone is doing some trolling on the Facebook. But then reality sits in. It is literally flabbergasting that there are people out there willing to defend any of them. Frankly, it’s people like that - whoever said it - why the culture is what it is at this university. Little middle mindset is still alive and well. And I was just thinking earlier today the fanbase - well what’s left of it - has never been as unified as it is right now. But there truly are people out there associated with this school the thanks things are going well. We have too many Baghdad Bob’s associated with this institution.

At first I was like someone is doing some trolling on the Facebook. But then reality sits in. It is literally flabbergasting that there are people out there willing to defend any of them. Frankly, it’s people like that - whoever said it - why the culture is what it is at this university. Little middle mindset is still alive and well. And I was just thinking earlier today the fanbase - well what’s left of it - has never been as unified as it is right now. But there truly are people out there associated with this school the thanks things are going well. We have too many Baghdad Bob’s associated with this institution.
I’m literally ashamed and livid at what McPhee and the stooges have done to my school. And not just athletically. It’s all the crime and the basic dissolving of the Greek system as well.

I may be mistaken but you might recognize the name of that poster, some people if they don't have the power, love to suck up just for the access.

I would not be surprised if he was on the committee that gave us the pegasus.

Yeah. I replied to that. Politely for a change of pace with myself. Allen knows better and is for sure one of the drum beaters that all is fine. He's done things for MT for sure, but he is flat out wrong here.

At first I was like someone is doing some trolling on the Facebook.

There's your first problem. You have an activated Facebook account. What were you expecting exactly ? Intelligence ? Thoughtful and insightful discussion ?

Yeah. I replied to that. Politely for a change of pace with myself. Allen knows better and is for sure one of the drum beaters that all is fine. He's done things for MT for sure, but he is flat out wrong here.
Allen who? I can’t find the post.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT