ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (4-7, 3-4) @ Sam Houston State (2-9, 1-6), 11AM, Saturday, November 25, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links are a work in progress:

BowersSunsetSidearm-1024x576.jpg

Founded: 1879
Enrollment: 21,612
Colors: Orange and White
Nickname: Bearkats
Series: Tied 1-1
Stadium: Bowers (12,593)
Head Coach: K.C. Keeler (Delaware, 1981)
Record at SH: 85-27 (10th) Overall: 259-100-1 (30th)
2022 Record: 5-4 2022 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 15/7 Lettermen R/L: 47/21

Weather Forecast:

Where:
Elliott T. Bowers Stadium, 620 Bowers Blvd.,Huntsville, TX 77340

Stadium Policies:

Television: :
ESPN+,

Watch online:
Video

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Joe Dubin
  • Local WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM
  • Nashville 93.3 FM/95.1 FM (Murfreesboro)
  • Sirius XM Internet 988

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats:

Newspapers:

Message Boards: katfans.com, , ,

Blogs/Podcasts: , , ,

Athletic site:
gobearkats.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: SHSU, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,

Game Notes:
SHSU Game Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: , Blue Raiders,

Game Previews: , ,

Twitter: , , , , ,

Hashtags:

Facebook:

Youtube: ,

Instagram:

Last edited:
I listened to a little bit of it. The questions I heard were total softballs. One was actually asking when he put Christmas tree up, before or after Thanksgiving and one was what will he do on Thursday?

Give me a break... All total crap questions.
I wonder how all this crap is handled inside the Athletic Dept. I'm guessing even mentioning Stockstill as a potential problem in dealing with fans and any credibility issues in promotion and marketing, fundraising, overall relations with alumni, fans, ticket buyers, is a topic that is verbotten to the extent that the decisions makers on campus are in denial. I'm imagining that it's like trying to tell Hitler that the Russians are just a few kilometers outside the fuhrer's bunker, the guys that know the facts and have to deal with it daily realize how really bad it is, know certain parties don't want to hear.

I recall post game comments from Stockstill after a loss "ignore the noise" -what a freaking insult to unhappy fans, but it seems to be the overall theme to the operations over there.

When that's the attitude, there is nothing left to do, but boycott the product. MT football under the current regime is the 'budlight' of college football. Ain't nobody buying that ****.

Last edited:
I wonder how all this crap is handled inside the Athletic Dept. I'm guessing even mentioning Stockstill as a potential problem in dealing with fans and any credibility issues in promotion and marketing, fundraising, overall relations with alumni, fans, ticket buyers, is a topic that is verbotten to the extent that the decisions makers on campus are in denial. I'm imagining that it's like trying to tell Hitler that the Russians are just a few kilometers outside the fuhrer's bunker, the guys that know the facts and have to deal with it daily realize how really bad it is, know certain parties don't want to hear.

I recall post game comments from Stockstill after a loss "ignore the noise" -what a freaking insult to unhappy fans, but it seems to be the overall theme to the operations over there.

When that's the attitude, there is nothing left to do, but boycott the product. MT football under the current regime is the 'budlight' of college football. Ain't nobody buying that ****.

It's time for a new Hitler reacts video.

Live look in on Massaro’s and McPhee’s annual conversation on how they will sell MT fans on how good Stock is doing and how he needs a new contract extension.
For as bad as they are at marketing, they also are good. Well, think they are good enough to pull wool over our eyes.
I view it as 3 losing seasons in 5yrs. They'll say 2 bowl winning seasons the last 3. Neither is a lie.

Now when that becomes 4 losing in 6yrs, justifying 2 bowl winning seasons the last 4 becomes a bit harder to swallow.

I still think 0-5 last 5 vs WKU is grounds for dismissal in and of itself. But apparently I put importance on things our admin doesn't. Good rivalries aren't lopsided like that. They keep it up and it will stop being one at all.

For as bad as they are at marketing, they also are good. Well, think they are good enough to pull wool over our eyes.
I view it as 3 losing seasons in 5yrs. They'll say 2 bowl winning seasons the last 3. Neither is a lie.

Now when that becomes 4 losing in 6yrs, justifying 2 bowl winning seasons the last 4 becomes a bit harder to swallow.

I still think 0-5 last 5 vs WKU is grounds for dismissal in and of itself. But apparently I put importance on things our admin doesn't. Good rivalries aren't lopsided like that. They keep it up and it will stop being one at all.

There is no valid rationalizing what this actually is aside from one of the following being true about the leadership:
A) Incompetent
B) Dereliction/Negligence
C) Bought

“We're fired up about this opportunity to finish out the season," Stockstill said. "Proud of our guys and how they've responded here the last three weeks of the season, would not expect anything different this week."

Anybody else in here as fired up as Stock is about this season ender?? 😂😂

“We're fired up about this opportunity to finish out the season," Stockstill said. "Proud of our guys and how they've responded here the last three weeks of the season, would not expect anything different this week."

ZzZZZZzZzZzzzZzZzZZZZzZzzZZz

Nope. Not afraid to say in the least I'll be watching OSU/Mich.

Why weren't they "fired up" When they gave away the lead over Jax? What about being "fired up" when playing WKU or CSU? This coach is a moron. Plain and simple. There is a reason for a mostly empty stadium every game.

F (fire) CorpseStill.

Why weren't they "fired up" When they gave away the lead over Jax? What about being "fired up" when playing WKU or CSU? This coach is a moron. Plain and simple. There is a reason for a mostly empty stadium every game.

F (fire) CorpseStill.
Not just Jax. We gave up 2nd half leads against CSU, Jax, and Liberty.

Then NMSU we were down by 6 and had the ball 1st&10 at their 16 with 19seconds left and still couldn't score.

At Mizzou. Again, enemy territory with a 1st down, 4min left. Couldn't do it.

The coaching has been absolutely abysmal. All year long it literally has been, hey, this worked great the 1st half. So let's not even try it again the 2nd half, or even a variation in case they adjusted (something we never do ourselves). And it's of course been this way for wayyyy too long now.

Around the end of Andy’s coaching career here, men’s basketball and football was really bad. I thought, this is as bad as it gets.

Boy was I wrong.

Reactions: MTFAN61
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT