ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL CUSA Tourney: (#7) Middle Tennessee vs (#2) LaTech, 8PM, Wednesday, March 13, 2024

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Louisiana Tech

Enrollment: 11,612
Arena: Thomas Assembly Center (8,000)
Conference: Conference USA
Colors: Red & Blue Nickname: Bulldogs
Series: LA Tech leads, 15-7
Head Coach: Talvin Hester Record at School: 37-27 (2nd Season) Career Record: 37-27 (2nd Season)
2023-24 Record: 22-9, 12-4 23-24 Finish: 2nd CUSA 23-24 Postseason: TBD
Starters R/L: 3/2 Letterwinners R/L: 5/8
Roster: Bulldogs

3/13/2024 | 8 PM

Tourney Bracket

FEATURED LINKS

ESPN+
Classic Hits 93.3 - 95.1 - WGNS 101.9 FM/1450 AM/100.5FM

Last edited:
Looking at the KenPom preview, MTSU doesnt have much of any statistical advantage in this matchup. It seems wherever they struggle, La Tech thrives. That said, I do think there are reasons for optimism that Middle can pull off the improbable tonight.3 Keys for Middle Tennessee:

1710369710741.png

1. This is a group that has been there. I've often cited how going toe-to-toe with UAB in the '22 semis and FAU in the '23 semis has merit, even despite those games ending as losses. Several players from those teams are still here. They will know how to take on a goliath.

2. I love the fact they are going to faceoff again right after playing in Ruston on Saturday. Blue Raiders will be familiar with their opponent. The Bulldogs might have some false confidence. The double header factor creates room for a wider variety of outcomes imo.

3. MT are 8-1 when they score 70 in regulation. LT are 2-7 when their opponents score 70 in regulation. Blue Raiders scored 70 on Saturday in Ruston. They are averaging 69.6 their last 8 games within regulation. If they can continue that trend (big if), I like their chances.

Well, a win would be a nice consolation for ruining my parlay. Go Blue!

Team Comparison
STATISTICMTLTU
FG%40%40%
FGs21-5325-63
3FG%43%36%
3FGs9-215-14
FT%86%67%
FTs19-2212-18
TOs119
PtsOffTO96
TotReb3341
DefReb2827
Off Reb514
2ndChPts615
BenchPts186
PtsPaint2436
FstBkPt65
Blocks54
Steals65
Assts914
Times Tied:4
Time Tied:3:31
Lead Chg:1
LeadTime14:1522:14

Looking at the KenPom preview, MTSU doesnt have much of any statistical advantage in this matchup. It seems wherever they struggle, La Tech thrives. That said, I do think there are reasons for optimism that Middle can pull off the improbable tonight.3 Keys for Middle Tennessee:

View attachment 25

1. This is a group that has been there. I've often cited how going toe-to-toe with UAB in the '22 semis and FAU in the '23 semis has merit, even despite those games ending as losses. Several players from those teams are still here. They will know how to take on a goliath.

2. I love the fact they are going to faceoff again right after playing in Ruston on Saturday. Blue Raiders will be familiar with their opponent. The Bulldogs might have some false confidence. The double header factor creates room for a wider variety of outcomes imo.

3. MT are 8-1 when they score 70 in regulation. LT are 2-7 when their opponents score 70 in regulation. Blue Raiders scored 70 on Saturday in Ruston. They are averaging 69.6 their last 8 games within regulation. If they can continue that trend (big if), I like their chances.
good call

When we score 70 we have a chance. Won the game at the FT line tonight. Really great effort! Expecting a Big Blue Wave to hit Huntsville Friday afternoon. Whoever we play we will have already beat them once this year.. if that red team makes it, then we might have a sellout…….

When we score 70 we have a chance. Won the game at the FT line tonight. Really great effort! Expecting a Big Blue Wave to hit Huntsville Friday afternoon. Whoever we play we will have already beat them once this year.. if that red team makes it, then we might have a sellout…….
It will be interesting to see. Attendance in Huntsville has been very low so far. I’m hoping the semis have a better turnout.

MTSU vs LA Tech- 678
FIU vs SHSU- 628
FIU vs Jax St- 444

• Wow
Reactions: Predarat

Last edited:
It was an explosive second half and non stop defensive pressure that got the job done. La Tech is the better team but beating a team 3 times in a season is darn near impossible.

Hoping there’s a big showing on Friday. Two big wins for the teams yesterday and honestly surprised the men pulled off the upset, but thrilled it happened. Men tip off at 2pm and women and 5:30pm so crowd should be fantastic for both, especially since they’ll be playing back to back.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT