ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (6-10, 0-1) vs Sam Houston State (9-8, 2-0), 5PM, Saturday, January 13, 2024

That pause frame perfect. McD smiling (always does that after these losses..why?) and Justin with a look on his face that asks WTH are you smiling for?

He's actually talking about fatigue in the clip but that frame says it all... I don't know why we can't have coaches that actually say "we sucked today and we are going to fix it" instead of "well I'm proud of the effort because we were short handed".
Have to hand it to a guy who has had a season in which he was a preseason favorite totally flop plus all the other disastrous years to have such a content outlook on things. If he has any concerns about how things are going he hides them very well.

Even if Massaro wanted to move on CNM at the end of the year, could we afford it?

Since we just bought out Stock’s staff and hired CDM and company, do we have the extra money to buy CNM out?

I will be surprised if CNM’s contract wasn’t secretly extended beyond 2024 & given our finances, I fully expect the excuse parade (injuries) to justify bring him back next year.

Even if Massaro wanted to move on CNM at the end of the year, could we afford it?

Since we just bought out Stock’s staff and hired CDM and company, do we have the extra money to buy CNM out?

I will be surprised if CNM’s contract wasn’t secretly extended beyond 2024 & given our finances, I fully expect the excuse parade (injuries) to justify bring him back next year.
His buyout was cheap, under a million, but the latest out in public is his contract expired after this season. As has been pointed out it'd be hard to recruit that way so you are probably right. He's been extended and it just wasn't announced. So who knows what his buyout is now.

Which is ridiculous by the way. ALL extensions or amendments should be made public when they happen. We are not a private institution.

Any hope for future at all?

I don't think so.

One very glaring thing I've noticed that McDevitt's teams don't have is a team identity/team standard. The defense has been admittedly pretty good this year but offensively it's always just a bunch of street ball. We have no offensive identity or standards and really never have. I will admit we had that one good season with Dish, Jefferson, and Sims. That was a good team that could score at will on most nights due to their ability to threaten from anywhere on the floor. Dish was great down low, and Sims and Jefferson were great from 3. It's been all down hill after they left though. Jestin Porter has been the only bright spot this year, and you can bet your life he'll be in the portal after this season getting a decent NIL at some P5 school.

Anyway, our lack of team identity/standards is a direct result of poor recruiting and poor coaching. McDevitt's obsession with prioritizing athleticism vs. basketball skill is well documented. And it's ran our program into the ground.

Change cannot come soon enough. I still don't understand why he hasn't been fired. What more does McPhee and Steve Smith need to see?

Last edited:
Reactions: ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT