ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (5-8) @ Murray State (3-9, 1-1), 3PM, Saturday, December 30, 2023

For a new coach wishing to move up MT basketball has a lot of benefits to offer. Some of which are decent salary, beautiful historic basketball arena preparing for some major upgrades, a conference while weaker than last year just completed a tremendous post season run this past March, & also located in one of the fastest growing cities in the US.
Could be wrong, but due to our past history I would think there would be more interested prime candidates for a basketball head coaching position here than that of the recent football coaching vacancy.

Reactions: Hop45
Even more insane.

One reason why I was so upset when we made the hire. We paid him the same thing we were paying Kermit without any evidence he was worth it. An even $500K including all additional compensation would have doubled his salary at Asheville. We tripled it. There is also the part where I knew he wouldn’t succeed her which made it worse. Odom was perhaps worth it. McDevitt wasn’t. Not at any point.

Problem is MacFee is going to screw up the hire again. Might as well extend McDevitt until MacFee is gone. That way we can keep Ring-A-Ling around a few more seasons.

Problem is MacFee is going to screw up the hire again. Might as well extend McDevitt until MacFee is gone. That way we can keep Ring-A-Ling around a few more seasons.
He took his bulldog and went back to Asheville.😂😂
i

We the fan base for MT had an entirely different outlook on the basketball program compared to King. We were fans of the MT basketball program, & last thing we wanted to see was its failure. King was not necessarily a fan of MT, but an emphatic fan & friend of CNM. And the last thing he wanted to see was his failure. That made for too much dichotomy between the 2 fan interests. Turned out to be like oil & water. The only similarity we shared which is sad for both parties is watching CNM's failure at Middle Tennessee.

Troll. Players were gone before he was hired. If you're gonna trash the guy, at least come with facts. Had nothing when he got here, but no better after 6 years. Time for a change.
The players were NOT gone when he was hired.

excerpt:

— For Middle Tennessee, a big problem remained unchanged in a 75-54 loss at Murray State. The Blue Raiders only made 20 of 52 shots overall and a meager 5 of 24 from three. No amount of defense can solve that problem. Plus, there were 18 turnovers.

The Raiders’ shooting problems are exemplified by guard Tre Green, who hit his first three of the season. He had missed his first 17.

Coach Nick McDevitt is relying more on freshman big man Chris Loofe, who played 24 minutes and had four points and seven rebounds. Starter Jaren Coleman-Jones played 17 minutes and had seven points and ONE rebound.

NET 12/30/23

Louisiana Tech 73
Liberty 77
Wku 145
Jacksonville St. 154
Kennesaw St. 185
Sam Houston 250
UTEP 251
NMSU 283
FIU 291
Middle Tennessee 311

McDevitt has driven this once proud basketball program into the trash heap. ATTENTION YOU PEOPLE IN COPE AND MURPHY CENTER, THIS IS NOT ACCEPTABLE. MAKE THE CHANGE NOW.

Reactions: MTTim and Hop45
Why is Mcdevitt still employed by this university?

What exactly are they waiting for?

How bad does it have to be to say enough is enough?

Jesus christ. You already know McPhee, Smith, and Massaro married the first women that let them spend the night. They have to be the most beta President and AD in the business. Spineless doormats. Zero leadership.

Two I would be interested in would be Justin Gray at WCU and Griff Aldrich at Longwood. Gray is 39 years old and has completely turned their program around. They’ve progressively gotten better with him there and should be the favorite right now in the SOCON. He is currently making 256k a year.

Aldrich is 47 years old and has completely built their program. They’ve progressively gotten better with him there, he took them to their first NCAA appearance and is the favorite right now in the Big South. He is currently making 150k a year.

Either of those coaches have turned around places that are historically difficult to win. They are young and cheap. That should be what we’re looking for moving forward.
Steven Pearl, Auburn assistant head coach & Bruce's son is a coach I would love to see us go after. Has been named 1 of the 50 best assistant coaches in the country. He has been groomed by his father for 10 years. His Auburn salary is $295,000 annually.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT