ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (11-16, 5-7) vs Western Kentucky (19-7, 8-4), 6:30PM, Saturday, February 24, 2024

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Western Kentucky University

Enrollment: 19,461
Arena: E.A. Diddle Arena (7,523)
Colors: Red & White Nickname: Hilltoppers
Head Coach: Steve Lutz Record at School: 0-0 (1st Season) Career: 47-23 (Third Season)
2022-23 Record: 17-16, 8-12 22-23 Finish: 7th CUSA 22-23 Postseason: CUSA Quarterfinal
Starters R/L: 1/4
Letterwinners R/L: 4/6
Roster: Hilltoppers
Series: WKU leads 99-46

ESPN+
Classic Hits 93.3 - 95.1 - WGNS 101.9 FM/1450 AM/100.5FM

Last edited:
WKU will be seeking their 100th win in the series, as well as their 20th win of this season.

MT would have to win all their remaining games and one game in the conference tourney just to get to .500 overall.

Last edited:
Any good sports bars around the Murph? Coming to my first game at Middle in over a decade and wanting to grab a bite before. Is The Boulevard Bar and Grill the best bet?
You are in for a shell shock if it's your first time back in town itself too. I left in '03 and then came back in '13, '15, and '22. The 'Boro has exploded in those last seven years.

Any good sports bars around the Murph? Coming to my first game at Middle in over a decade and wanting to grab a bite before. Is The Boulevard Bar and Grill the best bet?
The Boulevard is by far the most MTSU friendly. Happy’s on the square is fun. Boro Bourbon and Brews is a cool spot and Jack Brown’s is always good for a burger but not a sports bar just a burger bar joint. Jefferson’s is great for wings and right by campus.

We just got away with a Chris Webber TO with no timeouts at the end of that game.

Refs could have easily given us a T for that. Honestly shocked we didn’t get a technical for that.

Reactions: C-Bow
No doubt we got some help late in the game there, but, either way, that was a really fun game to watch!

It was fun to bring out the keys and wave them at the wku fans, who were never as loud as their numbers might have suggested they would be or have in past games where they were expected to win easily.

A really gutsy performance by this team and staff and to say the refs gave us this game is ludicrous. Was there and it was a tough physical game by both teams. Refs seemed to want to make sure Loofe didn’t play much with a couple of phantom calls. But sure loved seeing those red clad folks rushing out of there.

GG Middle. We played flat and from behind most of the night. The blatant timeout that magically became a jump ball was egregious, but letting it come to that is 100% on the play of WKU for the 39.5 minutes prior and on MTSU for wanting the game more. Thought your seniors played like seniors on senior night and we looked disinterested. My seats were close to your president and he seemed super fired up at the end. Maybe an extension for Nick on the horizon?

Reactions: TrueBlue147
GG Middle. We played flat and from behind most of the night. The blatant timeout that magically became a jump ball was egregious, but letting it come to that is 100% on the play of WKU for the 39.5 minutes prior and on MTSU for wanting the game more. Thought your seniors played like seniors on senior night and we looked disinterested. My seats were close to your president and he seemed super fired up at the end. Maybe an extension for Nick on the horizon?
Oh, dear lord, please no. ;)

At this moment I don't care, one of the very few enjoyable moments in this sad tenure. For the women to beat the team in Diddle with a large crowd in Blue and then for an obviously limited men's team to out hustle and out play the toppers for most of the night, well it was a good day.

Our best win of the year! We are limited a little with our talent level but with a couple of off season additions we can contend for the championship next year.

Reactions: GMClemson33
That bastard will sneak an extension in for himself and his favorite secretary along with it.

Wow was not expecting this especially after getting blasted out of Diddle Arena a few weeks earlier. This should give them confidence and momentum going into the tournament if they can grab some more wins.

Ok, I am curious. I was at the game but Bufford wasn't facing me during the last scramble. From my vantage point he grabbed the ball, looked up to the ref saying something while raising one hand. I thought he was trying to get a time out. Can anyone who watched the replay confirm he was trying to call a time out by either clearly saying it or signaling it?

We all know the coach speak that one play or call doesn't make or break the game, but that was a big one. We got break and I'll take it but the thing that concerns me is, if he did call for it, the lack of discipline in him doing so. The fact that we were out of time outs should have been strongly stressed when we used the last one.

While the victory was sweet and watching their heads explode 🤯 on the message board is even sweeter, the lack of game awarness is another glaring example that McDevitt isn't doing his job.

He definitely called a timeout with clear possession of the ball. I have no idea what that ref was doing/thinking.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT