ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (8-14, 2-5) @ Liberty (14-9, 3-5), 6PM, Thursday, February 8, 2024

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
resize

LIBERTY UNIVERSITY

Enrollment: 15,000
Arena: Liberty Arena (4,000)
Colors: Red & Navy Blue Nickname: Flames
Head Coach: Ritchie McKay
Record at School: 226-113 (11th Season) Career Record: 367-242 (22nd Season)
2022-23 Record: 27-9, 15-3 22-23 Finish: 2nd ASUN 22-23 Postseason: NIT Second Round
Starters R/L: 3/2
Letterwinners R/L: 10/5
Roster: Flames

Classic Hits 93.3 - 95.1

Last edited:
I switched to Memphis@Temple over on ESPN2 at halftime and when I come back to this game we’re down by 26? Liberty is shooting 80% from the field.

Why is McDevitt still allowed on the MTSU bench?????

No thanks. Once was enough for me.
I text messaged a friend last night when we went down by 30 in the 2nd half. Told him this was as bad as I’ve ever seen MTSU Men’s BB.
He was sitting in Murphy enjoying watching Insell and Lady Raiders do the same to the Liberty Women.
At least a few of our coaching staff can actually coach. Tennis and Lady Raider Basketball

I guess we lost sWiley with this performance. 😂😂
Liberty looked like a fraternity intramural team.

I am out of things to say.

What's happening with the program is unimaginable. I don't understand how McDevitt and his teams can be so bad. It literally takes effort to be this bad. How is he still our coach?? Where is the shame?? (or pride?)

It's just so sad and depressing that our alma mater has to be run this way. Everyone knows we need to clean house from top to bottom. I'd argue even deep down, McPhee, Steve Smith, and Massaro know they suck and need to go. But it will never happen. They are not going to walk away from those big checks and easy money. They are stubborn old a-holes that care about nobody but themselves. And government bureaucracy will continue to protect them and ensure the status quo remains untouched.

It's disgusting, sickening, depressing, whatever adjective you want to use. I have no answers. There's nothing that I or any of us can do to change it, except withhold all fundings and stop all support. I have already been doing this for the better part of a decade.....it's getting old, and it's not working.

I'm done with this year totally anyway. Kinda hoping we lose some more. I'd really really like to hear the justification for keeping a coach for year 7 when 4 of 6 yrs are a losing record, an overall losing record, a conference losing record, one 20 win season, zero regular or tournament titles, and to beat it all a buyout that is around a what should be an affordable $300k. Granted the other staff buyouts add to that, but still.

Maybe it's waiting to see if Rick retires, who knows. But a new football coach with new facilities coming has helped things. A new MBB coach with the Murphy upgrades of removing track, club seats, and new main entry beside SAPC would help too I think.

Reactions: ewglenn
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT