ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Alabama ($ec/ESPN Network), 6:30PM Saturday, Sept. 2, 2023

I mean blue goggles view I wanted us to win. But realistically we all knew. And not to agree with Stock, but our goals are still in front of us.

But this two $ power games a year has got to stop. It just kills any feeling or momentum at the start of the season, which is hard enough to gain based on Stock's 1st half season record. Now if we play Murray crappy and lose to Colorado St, we are in a heap of trouble then.

Reactions: MTFAN61
Yea this is WVU. I know I know. But the point applies here too. This far in to Stock's tenure, sure we might lose to an Alabama. But not like this. Not like we did to JMU or UTSA last year. And hopefully not to Mizzou this week. A system should be in place with capable recruits.

Reactions: Hop45
FWIW, Big Joe Dubin, is now Chase's running partner on his show, hopefully they'll touch on MT athletics a little now and then, if only where and who MT's playing.

Only tangentially related, but watching Vols vs UVA, UVA put in a true freshman QB, Colandrea, that was committed to MT for a while before getting the UVA offer.

Not sure we missed out on much, but knew I remembered that name.

Watching UVA today and he would have been a huge get. He’s got some serious arm talent, athleticism, and football IQ. A little cocky too which is good for a QB.

He’s 11-for-12, 172 yds and a TD in the first half against JMU in his first collegiate start.

This kid is legit. I don’t think the UVA starter is going to get his job back. But I jinxed him. He just threw an INT after staring down a receiver. Not uncommon for a true freshman and easily correctible though.

Don’t blame him for going there. Much better school academically and UVA had a weaker depth chart at QB than we did.

We've had a few QB commits lately go Power 5 and look like stars. Look at Jalon Daniels w/ Kansas. If he can stay healthy he'll be a top QB in the country this year easily

Looking forward to the game tonight. I gotta feeling....

Could be indigestion. But maybe, just maybe.....

This kid is legit. I don’t think the UVA starter is going to get his job back. But I jinxed him. He just threw an INT after staring down a receiver. Not uncommon for a true freshman and easily correctible though.

Don’t blame him for going there. Much better school academically and UVA had a weaker depth chart at QB than we did.
JMU beats Virginia

D standing tall so far.

Offensive line not giving us much of a chance on O yet. Mizzou sending the house on that last series.

Our D ain't too shabby, held Mizzou to FG. 3-0.

Offense needs to keep the ball and give them a break here this next series.

Look, we played BAMA. They are back in terms of D and their O is always gonna roll. It's a horrible idea to face them first game. However, it is what it is,
Bamas back huh?

So far the only thing that’s made them look good this season is Rick Stockstill.

USF is a bad football team and Bama could legitimately lose this game to them. It just shows how inept Stockstill is as a head coach especially in week 1.

Saban benched Milroe after last week's loss to Texas. They have totally lost their offensive identity, & will be lucky to beat USF.
We should never NEVER play a 1st game on the road especially against a P5. If we could have scheduled the Alabama game as a week 3 or 4 game the score would be considerably different. It takes the Raiders that long to get game ready.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT