ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB CUSA Tourney Championship: (#1) Middle Tennessee (28-4,16-0) vs (#2) Liberty U. (18-15, 11-5), 4:30PM, Saturday, March 16, 2024

From an offensive perspective undoubtedly the worst performance in a quarter all year.

We right the ship in quarter 2. 29-17 Raiders at the half. Should have been more as answered prayer three pointer at the buzzer trims our lead.

Slowwww first quarter and domination in 2Q. Let’s keep it up and SECURE that bid!

Score by Period
TEAM1234T

LIB

MTS

Team Comparison
STATISTICLUMT
FG%33%42%
FGs19-5823-55
3FG%23%35%
3FGs5-227-20
FT%67%82%
FTs8-1214-17
TOs118
PtsOffTO414
TotReb3836
DefReb2628
Off Reb128
2ndChPts1110
BenchPts02
PtsPaint2026
FstBkPt19
Blocks25
Steals15
Assts1112
Times Tied:2
Time Tied:4:10
Lead Chg:6
LeadTime4:1631:35

Way to bring it home! This was a bruiser of a game between 2 teams that played with tremendous effort & passion. There's going to be a lot of ice baths & whirlpools in use after this one. Scott & Boldyreva absolutely stepped up in 4th quarter. 3 three's from beyond the arc for Boldyreva. Are you kidding me?? She was absolutely feeling it in the 4th quarter. Great smile & grin when she knew it was wrapped up.
Despite scoring deficiency in 1st quarter the team never lost its defensive intensity. That defensive effort made a huge impact throughout the whole tournament.
We never had a great scoring game for 4 quarters in any of the tournament games. Don't necessarily blame the players though. To win 3 straight against 3 separate teams who know your tendencies inside and out is extremely hard.
Have no idea what will happen in the NCAA because our offense is so up & down. But I think whoever it is we play will find MT to be one of the scrappiest defensive team's they will have played all year.

What a fantastic win. A huge crowd in Huntsville, overcoming a slow start, beating the second-best team in the league for the THIRD time this season... love it all! Boldyreva was absolutely fantastic tonight especially those three big 3-pointers. Can't wait to find out where we will be heading. And love the support by the football team (and that half court shot!)

Seeing Boldyreva play the role of sniper today gives me hope that spacing won't be a problem next year if her and Grabo start. Wish CRI would try it next week to see if teams can handle it

The offense can be touch and go but defense always travels
In the postgame, Insell basically said most likely they will play together a lot of the time. Which is gonna be amazing to see! And I think it may be necessary next week in the NCAAs -- good job by the coaches to not be afraid to test it out and see this season. I noted that having Nas and Iullia in at the same time resulted in a big run to get us the lead and keep it in this one, very important stretch. Hopefully the coaches put their trust in the two of them as needed next week too.

Reactions: MTFAN61
In the postgame, Insell basically said most likely they will play together a lot of the time. Which is gonna be amazing to see! And I think it may be necessary next week in the NCAAs -- good job by the coaches to not be afraid to test it out and see this season. I noted that having Nas and Iullia in at the same time resulted in a big run to get us the lead and keep it in this one, very important stretch. Hopefully the coaches put their trust in the two of them as needed next week too.
Will definitely make up for whatever disadvantage heightwise we have in the backcourt. Agreed kudos to CRI for at least being open to the idea. They are gonna be a Hi-Lo and Pick &Roll terror with Harrison next year

In total agreement with everyone on using Boldyreva & Iullia. Every time this year the "towers" have been put in a game together it has made a positive & decided impact against the opposition, such as it also did tonight. To compete & beat the power teams we'll be going up against in the NCAA this would be a huge key to having success.
On a side note: For those who haven't been counting. Tonight's win going back to last year represents the Middle Tennessee women's basketball program's 29th consecutive conference win without a loss.
Congratulations CRI, Coaches, & Players. That's a phenomenal streak & record. Would love to see you continue that perfection next year as well.

Great way to wake up seeing again that we are heading to March Madness!!

I'm so happy for this team and what they've accomplished; it's difficult to go undefeated in regular season and win the tournament, especially as the preseason favorite. Also huge shout out to Iullia who I thought had a great tournament and made an impact on the games, especially the UTEP game!

Checked out Liberty's podcast to see their thoughts on the championship game. They didn't really discuss much about it other than stating Bella Smuda is the most dominant player in CUSA every time she's on the court and they like Liberty's chances to win the conference next year. Just thought that was an interesting comment and, while Smuda is a really good player, I would take Nas everyday. The video linked below should start at the moment they are discussing the game.

• Haha
Reactions: MTOleBlue
Checked out Liberty's podcast to see their thoughts on the championship game. They didn't really discuss much about it other than stating Bella Smuda is the most dominant player in CUSA every time she's on the court and they like Liberty's chances to win the conference next year. Just thought that was an interesting comment and, while Smuda is a really good player, I would take Nas everyday. The video linked below should start at the moment they are discussing the game.

Think Middle is the favorite still next yr but I don't blame them for feeling that way. They're returning everyone if I remember correctly. I think Smuda is a good player but I think Nas and Scott will probably be better

Think Middle is the favorite still next yr but I don't blame them for feeling that way. They're returning everyone if I remember correctly. I think Smuda is a good player but I think Nas and Scott will probably be better

I agree, I think our wbb series with Liberty will be fun! I just don't agree with the Smuda comment; we went 3-0 against Liberty!!

Reactions: MTOleBlue
There's an argument to be made that Nas outplayed Smuda in every game we played. Heck, if she hadn't, we probably wouldn't have won all 3.

Reactions: tyler90wm
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT