» Time / Site: 4 p.m. at Reese Smith Jr. Field
» Watch
» Live Stats

Saturday, Mar. 30
» Time / Site: 1 p.m. at Reese Smith Jr. Field
» Watch
» Live Stats

Last edited:
Could you imagine attending MT during the last few years with this abysmal athletic department? At least we older fans got to watch somewhat decent sporting events.
The Binghampton team probably just played and won after spending 13 hours on a bus from NY.

We suck.

Last edited:
Could you imagine attending MT during the last few years with this abysmal athletic department? At least we older fans got to watch somewhat decent sporting events.
I'm hopeful for Derrick Mason and football, but I have abolutely no faith in the direction of the overall athletic program, the university, and I am wondering what good is a Board of Trust is when all they appear to do is rubberstamp anything put under their noses. Worthless.

A major issue is salary.

Meyer is making less than any desirable assistant at a SEC school or even ECU/FAU.

Louisiana is paying over $300,000 and Troy is paying over $200,000 for Skylar Meade (Former MT pitching coach). Jay Sirianni (Sam Houston) makes $206,000.

We pay in line with UNCW and Kennesaw State at the low end of public southern schools.

I get it, we are cash strapped. However, you cannot expect to be successful paying discount salaries in D1 athletics. We should be paying our head baseball coach $225,000+ with incentives up into the $300,000 range. Then we could attract a quality HC that has a chance of being successful, which increases attendance and increases revenue.

I look at Troy with Meade as a perfect example. Meade was making $150,000 at USCe as their pitching coach and took the Troy job at $200,000+ plus. In his second year he gets them to the NCAA tournament and now gets locked in at Troy with a raise/contract extension. He won’t leave Troy until a big school with crazy money comes calling.

If we are serious about baseball, then we have to pay like it up front. Stop promoting assistants from within or hiring cast off former HC that no one wants now.

We have the worst leadership - sorry people making decisions - of any other college on this planet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT