BASEBALL Middle Tennessee vs Liberty, March 22, 23, & 24, 2024

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Last edited:

Last edited:
We are currently the 30th best hitting team (batting average) in the country. However, we are the 230th in pitching ERA at 7.42 and are 261st in fielding %.

If our fielding and pitching were just middle of the pack decent, we would probably be a few games over .500 instead of 10-12.

Pitching should be better, but we play in a hitters park. The ball carries well at teh Reese, so our pitchers numbers will always be a little on the high side. From what I have seen, the walks and HBP are way too high. Impossible to defend free bases.

Reactions: Brew_Raider
Pitching should be better, but we play in a hitters park. The ball carries well at teh Reese, so our pitchers numbers will always be a little on the high side. From what I have seen, the walks and HBP are way too high. Impossible to defend free bases.
I agree.

I think our ERA line is 6.00. There are successful teams with team ERA under 6.00 with good fielding and pitching.

We had sub 5.00 team ERAs when Kyle Bunn was our pitching coach. When he left for Houston and we brought in Meyer, our pitching suffered. Sadly, we could not hit back then. So we have flipped ERA for batting average.

Agree with the walks. On average, we are giving up 15.5 hits/walks a game plus committing 2 errors a game. It’s hard to hit around that.

Reactions: Hop45
9 of the 12 losses were by double digit scores for the opponent.

Geez.
Pitching is rough. The lack of any starters you can count on to go 4-5 at the least is concerning. Also young bullpen is very up and down and Jerry has had some questionable moments managing the staff imho

Pitching is rough. The lack of any starters you can count on to go 4-5 at the least is concerning. Also young bullpen is very up and down and Jerry has had some questionable moments managing the staff imho
Make that 10 losses with double digit runs surrendered.
Indiana wins 5-12 yesterday.

I used to enjoy spending an afternoon watching Blue Raider Baseball and eating hot dogs when Coach Peterson was calling the shots. Especially that 2009 season.

2009 was a good year for BR Football and Baseball. A great time to be a fan.

We have 3 starters in Schepel, Sells and Alderman, but Schepel hasn’t thrown in 3 weeks. Shayne or someone else would know if he is hurt. If Matt is out long-term, we just don’t have anyone that has shown the ability to step into the 3rd weekend or mid-week starter role.

We have 3 relievers, but they have all been hit hard at times. We need these 3 to settle into the pen roles and we need at least one more person to step into a starter role.

We do have a kid that is on pace to be an All American/All conference hitter this year. Ritter has been fun to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT