ADVERTISEMENT

LADY RAIDER BB Middle Tennessee (22-4, 12-0) @ Western Kentucky (15-12, 6-6) ESPNU, 11AM, Saturday, February 24, 2024

I am not sure, but since they are doing a Next-Level lunch also and the last home game is at 9:30am, they may have decided the one in the afternoon would be better attended.

Was just getting ready to text about the 9:30 am final game. I don't like the final game being the lowest attendance game of the year. This is terrible decision making by the administration.

Was just getting ready to text about the 9:30 am final game. I don't like the final game being the lowest attendance game of the year. This is terrible decision making by the administration.
Must have been oblivious to this. Is there any special reason why that game is at 9:30????

Must have been oblivious to this. Is there any special reason why that game is at 9:30????
No idea. Had to triple-check it was real... Hopefully folks show up for that one. Having "Senior Day" against Sam Houston means some people will think it's the final game WHEN IT'S NOT. Makes zero sense

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Not to mention the men had their Senior Night against WKU meanwhile there's still a home game vs Liberty coming up for the guys too?? Very strange to me

okay, just saw a note from Doughton to check out his column from a couple of weeks ago:

key part:

"FYI Part 1: Senior Days for Men's and Women's Basketball moved to penultimate game

Due to scheduling quirks in both Men's Basketball and Women's Basketball's CUSA schedules this winter, MTSU has moved the tradition end of season Senior Day presentations to each program's penultimate home game of the season, rather than their usual slot in the final home game of the year.

Men's Basketball's final home game of the 2023-24 season falls on a Tuesday, March 5, against Liberty. Men's Basketball will celebrate its graduating seniors on the more traditional weekend date, Saturday, February 24, against WKU. Tipoff is scheduled for 6:30 p.m. that evening.

Women's Basketball will end its 2023-24 season on the weekend, taking on Louisiana Tech on Saturday, March 9. But tipoff is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. that morning to account for TSSAA State Championship basketball scheduled for that afternoon. The Lady Raiders will honor their seniors instead the week before, when they take on Sam Houston on Saturday, March 2. Tipoff is scheduled for 2 p.m."

Reactions: MTOleBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT