ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Alabama ($ec/ESPN Network), 6:30PM Saturday, Sept. 2, 2023

On the bright side, the boys in blue are holding their own so far to #4! Dumb Arkansas State was down 45-0 at halftime to #20 Oklahoma

that was an awful decision from Vattiato. you can't make that throw when your receivers are getting little to no separation. Making tight window throws goes out the window when you're playing a team like this. Everything has to be over the shoulder, fade type stuff, or a clearly open receiver.

The one thing we had to do to keep this game respectable was limit penalties and not beat ourselves (turn the ball over). We are not doing it.

Bama holding their ass off on the last play but they throw on a flag on MT instead

Kinley beaten two plays in a row. First play he gets beaten and horse collar tackles the QB. Next play he gives up contain and outside shoulder and lets the QB run in for a TD. His one job is to contain the edge and not let the QB get outside of him.....guess what he did ?

Tommy West is a great DL coach......

so frustrating

games going about like i expected. front 7 playing well (sans Richard Kinley) but the secondary getting torched

Well, that's that. We just don't have the horses to stay in the race here.

Actually looking forward to see how we look vs Mizzou, which should be a better matchup than Bama.

Well, that's that. We just don't have the horses to stay in the race here.

Actually looking forward to see how we look vs Mizzou, which should be a better matchup than Bama.

We'll see. I think this is your classic Stockstill team that plays awful the first 4-5 games....loses its first few conference games...then pushes for 6 wins in meaningless games for bowl eligibility

Our secondary is really bad. Our OL isn't anywhere near what they've tried to talk it up to be (shocker). And we are still very unproven at the WR position.

I think things will get worse for this team before they get better.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I’m not a sunshine pumper. In a game like this, I care more about how we look than the score. I think we look decent. Would have liked to have seen Stanley in the secondary before he got tossed for targeting. D-line has been pretty damn good. We might have something for CUSA after all.

I’m not a sunshine pumper. In a game like this, I care more about how we look than the score. I think we look decent. Would have liked to have seen Stanley in the secondary before he got tossed for targeting. D-line has been pretty damn good. We might have something for CUSA after all.

Still a lot of question marks and concerns in my eyes.

OL is still bad.
WR is still very unproven.
Secondary, though experienced, doesn't appear any better and maybe worse.
Vattiato is still young and has a lot to prove.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
we look like a little league team out there

i guess we are though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT