ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Alabama ($ec/ESPN Network), 6:30PM Saturday, Sept. 2, 2023

For more entertaining interviews about upcoming games the media would be much wiser to seek out OC Mitch Stewart or DC Scott Shafer. Mitch was an excellent speaker on the 1st practice media day. Can almost guarantee Coach Stock would be more than glad to pass the interview baton to either of these guys. Not like it's a thrilling opportunity for him to get some publicity out of it. Stock should keep his Monday show with Chip. He's comfortable with Chip, & used to the routine. Other than that let the coordinators do the pregame talks imo.

Listening to Stockstill talk is so dull and annoying that you can't even fall asleep to it. It's the epitome of suffering. He hates it and it carries through all of his interviews. I listened to it and it's the same bad interview he's given since he's been here. The radio show should be called "Why Bother"?

Last edited:
Listening to Stockstill talk is so dull and annoying that you can't even fall asleep to it. It's the epitome of suffering. He hates it and it carries through all of his interviews. I listened to it and it's the same bad interview he's given since he's been here. The radio show should be called "Why Bother"?
I don’t watch the Rick Stockstill show anymore either. It is just Bad. Nothing about it shows us in a positive light. Bush league. Get rid of the Pom poms on the table and ask Stock to at least hold his head up and half way look like he wants to be there .
it has been the same format for years. Just like the game day experience at Floyd, look around and see what others are putting out there. Only time I listen to Stock is post game interview at least then it’s fresh and off the cuff

And he gets more money for that part of his job than most people make in a year. His contract called for $75,000 per year for TV and media appearances, but that was the old contract. He may get more now.

So he makes more sleep walking through stuff like this than the people teaching kids or police officers protecting you.

Last edited:
Reactions: TrueBlue147
Missouri is struggling with South Dakota 28-3 (not a struggle but not looking dominate at all). We could beat them next week if we play well.

I remember listening every week during football season to Leonard's loser, several decades ago. Apparently he's been ressurected.

This week Leonard's Loser picks Middle Tennessee as the loser in Tuscaloosa (about 10:40 mark)

Only tangentially related, but watching Vols vs UVA, UVA put in a true freshman QB, Colandrea, that was committed to MT for a while before getting the UVA offer.

Not sure we missed out on much, but knew I remembered that name.

I want to see how this OL plays. In particular Porcher at left tackle. He got smoked last year any time we went up against a good team. Curious to see if he's still letting people run right by him.

Right corner will be something to watch also. Looks like Deonte Stanley won the job but he's still pretty unproven. He has great size and length but has always looked a little stiff to me. Hopefully he's continuing to get better.

Our front 7 is good. I believe they will give Bama a lot more trouble than people think. Secondary will probably get eaten up but I expect our front 7 to play well and get a few sacks.

Reactions: ewglenn
How many sacks do we expect our offensive line to give up? We were atrocious against San Diego State, & Bama's front 7 will be considerably better than them.
I know our O line is supposed to be better, but guessing the O/U on sacks given up will be 5-6?

How many sacks do we expect our offensive line to give up? We were atrocious against San Diego State, & Bama's front 7 will be considerably better than them.
I know our O line is supposed to be better, but guessing the O/U on sacks given up will be 5-6?

Tough to say. I feel like our OL has traditionally played decent against Alabama. A lot of that probably has to do with game plan. I'm sure we don't have many plays this week that will have the ball in our QB's hands for longer than a second or two.

If the sacks and negative plays do come it'll probably be on the left side. The left side of the line in my opinion is the weak link. Graham and Rutledge are probably our 2 best OL players so they will hold the right side down. Pressure and sacks will probably come from that left side or our center Kelly getting blown up. We'll know soon enough.

I think we are going to see Bama abuse us on the ground. I expect this to look a lot more like traditional Bama football. Ground and pound.

We'll see. I think our front 7 can play with them and stop the run. It's possible they wear down late because we don't have the depth Bama has....but I think our front 7 punches them in the mouth to start this game.

We'll probably get toasted with passes though.

For anyone wondering, just downloaded the 93.3 classic hits app and sounds great so far. Much better than what they've been on the past few seasons (varsity)

LOL WOW

WHAT?????????????????????????

THESE STUPID ASS ****ING CHROMOSOME-MISSING REFS

PATHETIC

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT