ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ Alabama ($ec/ESPN Network), 6:30PM Saturday, Sept. 2, 2023

Well, defense is a joke. Not talking about giving up a TD, but the keystone cops play we saw on that Milroe run.

They're taking terrible angles for some reason. Alabama has done nothing impressive thus far. We are just playing bad.

Not like they needed the extra yardage. It's honestly horrible that they haven't changed the rule to take into account when an offensive player lowers the helmet to make contact with an incoming defender like that. It should not be targeting and Bama fans agree (on Reddit)

Reactions: ewglenn
LOL WOW

WHAT?????????????????????????

THESE STUPID ASS ****ING CHROMOSOME-MISSING REFS

PATHETIC
Refs are terrified we'll abuse & injure Alabama. Meanwhile easy missed tackle leads to a TD

We are just not dialed in. Guys standing around, not paying attention while a play is in action.

In fairness, I don’t think we can really gauge what this team is based on this game. Alabama is bunch of 5 stars with elite coaching
True.

Don't expect much, but I do hope we make them work for it, unlike that first drive.

Reactions: arg3b
27 yard completion called back for an ineligible player down field and they didn’t show the replay… lol ok

Reactions: TrueBlue147
Based on the beginning this may end the way many of us were concerned. Refs have already played a major role in 2 huge plays, & of course not in our favor. Our D will be exhausted by end of 2nd quarter.

I am surprised our guys look decent imo. Huge penalties and obviously we’re just outmatched.

most ticky tack bullshit calls i have ever seen. that was not a high low crack block the center had already been blown by

• Angry
Reactions: SpaceRaider
I remember saying that Vatiatto was just a guy, but he looks like he throws a nice, zippy accurate ball.

Receivers can't get separation here, and the OL can't really hold up, but we might be in business in CUSA.

It's gonna get ugly. Between the mismatch against our OL and the horrible ref calls, the defense is gonna spend a ton of time out and get worn down quick.

Punter looks pretty good. Both lines are playing decent. Wide receivers are not getting separation and we’re not wrapping up on D. Honestly we’re going to get blown out but I think there is a lot of good here. Had a nice drive going until another stupid call.

I find it funny the refs think they need to intervene for Alabama to win. I expect home cooking every time we play a P5

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
Punter looks pretty good. Both lines are playing decent. Wide receivers are not getting separation and we’re not wrapping up on D. Honestly we’re going to get blown out but I think there is a lot of good here. Had a nice drive going until another stupid call.

They've let both punters punt. Tillman has been much better. Looks like Turk is gonna lose his job.

I remember saying that Vatiatto was just a guy, but he looks like he throws a nice, zippy accurate ball.

Receivers can't get separation here, and the OL can't really hold up, but we might be in business in CUSA.

He has a good feel for the game. I’ve like him even though that first atrocious start…

I'm going to take it a step further with Nick. If (and this is a big if), there's enough OL to provide protection, Nick will be the highest rated QB under Stock sans Brent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT