ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (2-6, 1-3) @ New Mexico State (6-3, 4-1), 5PM, Saturday, November 4, 2023

another pathetic, whimpering finish

this is a bad team led by a washed up coaching staff

Game Comparison
STATMTNMSU
Total Yds346402
Pass Yds178220
Rush Yds168182
Penalties7-428-60
1st Downs1721
3rd Downs5-164-12
4th Downs1-20-0
Total Plays6767
Avg Yds/Play5.26
Avg Yds/Completion8.913.8
Avg Yds/Rush5.45.1
Sack-Adj Rush Yd(Avg)177 (6.1)191 (5.5)
Red Zone0-22-3
Time of Poss24:1335:47
Turnovers (Def Pts Off)1 (0)1 (0)
Fumbles-Lost0-01-0
Sacks (Def Yds)1 (9)2 (9)
TFL (Def Yds)2 (11)3 (10)

NMSU was not that good as I predicted but we were worse. Oh well, one less season of CorpseStill. We can be happy about that I guess.

social media. everything. put on the pressure

6 people wear R-E-T-I-R-E on shirts the next game ... they wont be able to miss you with the 500 people that will be there.
I'm not saying be SJW but dern if this dude has no pressure.

Wouldn't be surprised if they lower his win count to 4 with a new contract.

Not mad at CRS. It’s McPhee and Massaro where the fault for all of this BS lies.
That's my thought. You can say Stock should retire on his own blah blah. Have some pride in the program, etc. But he is doing what has been laid out as his expectations. Period.

This is on the admin for setting the bar low, not holding him accountable, nor his staff, not demanding excellence.

There should be some major staff changes forced but honestly at worst I'm expecting shuffling. Polly should be fired at a minimum but we all know he won't be.

Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better. Sometimes a lot worse.

This is unfortunately going to be one of those situations.

So we are sitting at 2-7 with an 18th year head coach in a revamped and albeit weakened conference.

Jax, a first year FBS team with a 2nd year coach is at 7-3.

NMSU is a perennial bottom dweller then comes in its first year with a 2nd year coach and is one win away from the champ game.

Liberty comes in in its first year with a 1st year coach and 14 transfers, including a new QB, and has a legitimate chance to win out and play in a NY6 bowl now that Air Force lost.

We lost to them all. Not to mention our coach is
* 3 of last 5 are losing seasons
* 24-34 since his only champ game appearance in 11 tries (SBC had no champ game)
* 6-10 against WKU, 0-5 last five.
* 2-7 against Troy
* 24-51 vs G5 +.500...so far this year.

132 other schools would move on from that.

You would've thought that old rick and his geriatric staff would have recruited better in the wake of two back to back bowl seasons and worked the portal like crazy to shore up the weaknesses of this squad, but no it appears there was no incentive for them, no fear for their jobs, no sense of urgency, no ambition for improvement. Won't hold it against any of the players if they hit the portal but for a few exceptions, I can't imagine there will be much demand for them.

You would've thought that old rick and his geriatric staff would have recruited better in the wake of two back to back bowl seasons and worked the portal like crazy to shore up the weaknesses of this squad, but no it appears there was no incentive for them, no fear for their jobs, no sense of urgency, no ambition for improvement. Won't hold it against any of the pleyers if they hit the portal but for a few exceptions, I can't imagine there will be much demand for them.
The way Nick runs for his life, if Polly isn't fired I would not be at all surprised to see him enter the portal. He deserves better.

So we are sitting at 2-7 with an 18th year head coach in a revamped and albeit weakened conference.

NMSU is a perennial bottom dweller then comes in its first year with a 2nd year coach and is one win away from the champ game.

Liberty comes in in its first year with a 1st year coach and 14 transfers, including a new QB, and has a legitimate chance to win out and play in a NY6 bowl now that Air Force lost.

* 24-34 since his only champ game appearance in 11 tries (SBC had no champ game)
* 2-7 against Troy

And you forgot one thing. Inexplicably this individual is still owed over $5.5 million dollars and has six years left on his contract.

So don’t forget that in all the failure when comparing him to those other coaches. None of whom has their contracts longer than Stockstill’s in spite only being their first or second year.

And you forgot one thing. Inexplicably this individual is still owed over $5.5 million dollars and has six years left on his contract.

So don’t forget that in all the failure when comparing him to those other coaches. None of whom has their contracts longer than Stockstill’s in spite only being their first or second year.
That right there is the saving grace of this season. No extension. And the fact that we are celebrating that says it all.

I don’t think Nick would have a lot of bigger program interest. He doesn’t have a lot of video to share what his talents are. if He were to leave I think it’s a lateral move only if he wants to start.

* 2-7 against Troy

I actually don't think the conference was weakened with the new additions. NMSU, JAX and Liberty are all winning. UAB, UNT, Charlotte, Rice and FAU are all losing in the AAC. With the exception of UAB, they were the reasons CUSA was as weak as it was. Getting rid of them and getting those 3 was actually the best we could have hoped for. Sam Houston has dissapointed but hell, we used to have 5 teams that did every year.

However, us having an 18 year coach with that kind of showing is utter nonsense. Unacceptable on every level.

Reactions: Hop45 and arg3b
When the three losers are gone I’ll be back. It’s a total continued Dumpster fire for the football program.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
I actually don't think the conference was weakened with the new additions. NMSU, JAX and Liberty are all winning. UAB, UNT, Charlotte, Rice and FAU are all losing in the AAC. With the exception of UAB, they were the reasons CUSA was as weak as it was. Getting rid of them and getting those 3 was actually the best we could have hoped for. Sam Houston has dissapointed but hell, we used to have 5 teams that did every year.

However, us having an 18 year coach with that kind of showing is utter nonsense. Unacceptable on every level.
All good points, especially regarding Charlotte and Rice.

My point was the last 6 years of champions left. Sad too that even Rice won a championship since Stock has been here. They won our first year in CUSA.

And in the SBC, So Miss is back to their old CUSA deadweight form with a 2-7 record, ODU is still mediocre at best, Marshall is having a blah year. All 3 are in the bottom 4

Reactions: blueraiderJT

No, it is weaker. Substantially weaker by every metric out there.

This has to be one of the worst performances by a Div. 1 college level athletics administration (if not THE worst) in college football history.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT