ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-7, 2-4) vs UTEP (3-7, 2-4) (Senior Day), 1PM, Saturday, November 18, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
General Information

Founded: 1914 Enrollment: 25,177
Colors: Orange, Dark Blue Nickname: Miners
Series: MT leads 3-1
Stadium: Sun Bowl (46,670)
Head Coach: Dana Dimel (Kansas State, 1986)
Record at UTEP: 12-33 (5th) Overall: 42-72 (10th)
2021 Record: 7-6 (4-4) 2021 Bowl: New Mexico
Starters Ret./Lost: 14/8 Lettermen R/L: TBA

Weather Forecast:

Where:

Stadium Policies:

Television: :
ESPN+, Play-by-play Jake Rose, Analyst Jeremy Kellem, Field Analyst Justin Beasley

Watch online: Video

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Joe Dubin
  • Local WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM
  • Nashville 93.3 FM/95.1 FM (Murfreesboro)
  • Sirius XM Internet 988

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats:

Newspapers:

Message Boards: kyote den, , ,

Blogs/Podcasts: , , ,

Athletic site:
utepminers.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: UTEP, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: ,

Game Notes:
UTEP Game Notes, MT Game Notes, CUSA Game Notes

Roster: Miners, Blue Raiders,

Game Previews:
Miners Seek 3rd Straight Road Win at Middle Tennessee Saturday Afternoon, ,

Twitter: , , , , ,

Hashtags:

Facebook:

Youtube: ,

Instagram:

Last edited:
I look forward to being in Knoxville this weekend. I mean even though it's pretty safe bet what the outcome of that game is going to be, it's going to be a fun day and amazing atmosphere. Will I even check the score of the MT game? Probably not. They've lost me.

And it looks like he did it celebrating after a tackle made....surely I wasn't the only one who noticed that?
Who's got the video of that? That could go viral for all the wrong reasons.

I look forward to being in Knoxville this weekend. I mean even though it's pretty safe bet what the outcome of that game is going to be, it's going to be a fun day and amazing atmosphere. Will I even check the score of the MT game? Probably not. They've lost me.
Super duper duper duuuuper happy for you! Dont forget to stop by Walmart on the way there!

Here you go man! Enjoy: VolNation

Last edited:
Super duper duper duuuuper happy for you! Dont forget to stop by Walmart on the way there!

Hey, I can't stand UT. Loathe the urange. But I'd love to go to a UT/UGA or Bama game. Same for a Penn St. white out or a night game in Death Valley. Just for the experience.

Ok. Very original. I’m a UT alum who has given 50 times more to this University than to that one. And for what?

I haven’t been to Neyland since the last Middle played them. How many people could say that in the same situation? My misery here is fairly earned. I could have gone to just about any college I wanted but chose these two. And I don’t really shop at Walmart but thanks. Your attempt at a dig at me means nada.

This isn’t a joyous occasion. If you read what I wrote about giving above (if all my other posts don’t already express it) you will see that this is not a joyous moment. It’s magnitudes beyond disappointing, but I haven’t been to a college football game in several years. And it’s damn sure not happening in Murfreesboro until something changes. Cheers.

Who's got the video of that? That could go viral for all the wrong reasons.

He made a pretty routine tackle and then jumped up in the air really high to celebrate. When he landed you could tell immediately something was wrong. If you're wanting to see it that bad, you can watch the game replay on ESPN Plus. I vividly remember seeing it happen and telling myself "There's no way this guy just blew his knee out celebrating a routine tackle"...and sure enough that is what happened.

It's pretty sad because when you see it there doesn't appear to be much there. I am fully on board with the NFL players and their desire to get natural grass fields and would like to see colleges go down that route too. I'd be willing to bet that doesn't happen to him on natural grass.

Ok. Very original. I’m a UT alum who has given 50 times more to this University than to that one. And for what?

I haven’t been to Neyland since the last Middle played them. How many people could say that in the same situation? My misery here is fairly earned. I could have gone to just about any college I wanted but chose these two. And I don’t really shop at Walmart but thanks. Your attempt at a dig at me means nada.

This isn’t a joyous occasion. If you read what I wrote about giving above (if all my other posts don’t already express it) you will see that this is not a joyous moment. It’s magnitudes beyond disappointing, but I haven’t been to a college football game in several years. And it’s damn sure not happening in Murfreesboro until something changes. Cheers.
Great. Enjoy it man. Vols have enough support for a few Universities, yet my buddies that went to MT feel the need/pressure/obligation to support some other school, which just screams needing validation to me. Sure, the SEC rules the South, but I went to MT and I will forever support them. That is where my fanhood will ALWAYS go to, even if I dont agree with what the Admin is doing.

Enjoy the URNGE.

Reactions: TrueBlueFB_23

You know you can just go to that game and not post about it here? No one cares what you do with your time or money

Reactions: Noogaraider1
You know you can just go to that game and not post about it here? No one cares what you do with your time or money

You should care. That’s the problem. Not enough people cared enough what people were doing with their money thus no accountability.

Why do you think I actually posted that? Your response implies it was a oh look at me. SMH. It’s to prove a point that when the die hardest of the die hards are choosing something else something needs to change. Geez that wasn’t about me. Get your head out of your ass and buy a clue.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
You should care. That’s the problem. Not enough people cared enough what people were doing with their money thus no accountability.

Why do you think I actually posted that? Your response implies it was a oh look at me. SMH. It’s to prove a point that when the die hardest of the die hards are choosing something else something needs to change. Geez that wasn’t about me. Get your head out of your ass and buy a clue.
Like posting on GoMiddle that you’re going to Knoxville for a game is going to make necessary changes in Murfreesboro? I find it funny that you think you’re making a poignant point like it matters. Maybe you should update us on how many days it’s been since you’ve shown up for a game. That’ll show em!

Like posting on GoMiddle that you’re going to Knoxville for a game is going to make necessary changes in Murfreesboro? I find it funny that you think you’re making a poignant point like it matters. Maybe you should update us on how many days it’s been since you’ve shown up for a game. That’ll show em!
I'm not trying to argue or pick sides or anything, but legitimate question. What can we do to "show em"?

The only thing I know to do is call them out publicly on here, as they do read the boards, on Twitter, Facebook comments, etc. I also know withholding donations and not going to games works. Does one person make a difference? Does him going to a UT game as an alumni there really hurt not going to his other alumnus in MT? No. But enough people do that, it will show em.

And they need showed. They all need to see what they are doing to MT athletics. Ending my few hundred a year in giving and one game a year attending till changes are made may not make a difference to them, but that really is all anyone can do.

And it looks like he did it celebrating after a tackle made....surely I wasn't the only one who noticed that.

I saw it. 15 mins later he was signing an autograph. Done for the year. artificial turf causes more injuries. The ban on the NFL is coming.

Reactions: TrueBlueFB_23
I see his point though. Trying to get administration to give him a reason not to go to UT's game, at least that is how I read it.

I go to other games too. I go to several games at another SEC school, but it allows me to see one of my kids who goes there.

I actually sat down with my youngest last night who is a Freshmen at MTSU and asked why she thought students didn't show. Winning was first thing she said, no conference championships, then give students a reason to go, like gameday experience and stuff like that. Being a freshman, I'm sure that mainly what she heard from upper classmen. They'll tailgate, but then go back to their houses for parties.

I see his point though. Trying to get administration to give him a reason not to go to UT's game, at least that is how I read it.

I go to other games too. I go to several games at another SEC school, but it allows me to see one of my kids who goes there.

I actually sat down with my youngest last night who is a Freshmen at MTSU and asked why she thought students didn't show. Winning was first thing she said, no conference championships, then give students a reason to go, like gameday experience and stuff like that. Being a freshman, I'm sure that mainly what she heard from upper classmen. They'll tailgate, but then go back to their houses for parties.
BINGO.

We ALL want MT football to be the ONLY thing to do on gamedays. Have the town shut down. 5k students there. People like me not even questioning driving 7hrs. 20k in stands every week. Make it a day long event with tailgating starting at 7am till kickoff.

But this admin and staff have given us ZERO reasons to make all that happen. Zero.

Any good business has to cater to its customer base or risk going out of business. College football is a business and ours doesn't cater to its base at all and no one comes as a result.

BINGO.

We ALL want MT football to be the ONLY thing to do on gamedays. Have the town shut down. 5k students there. People like me not even questioning driving 7hrs. 20k in stands every week. Make it a day long event with tailgating starting at 7am till kickoff.

But this admin and staff have given us ZERO reasons to make all that happen. Zero.

Any good business has to cater to its customer base or risk going out of business. College football is a business and ours doesn't cater to its base at all and no one comes as a result.
What bothers me most is the overwhelming majority of students do not go to games. It would be interesting to do exit interview once a student graduates and ask how many games, football and basketball they went to as students, and why or why not. How many classes of graduates are a lost cause for ticket buying and donations under this regime of McPhee, Massaro and Stockstill? They are at best a lazy, do nothing, content with coasting, trio that I would not trust with anything.

What bothers me most is the overwhelming majority of students do not go to games. It would be interesting to do exit interview once a student graduates and ask how many games, football and basketball they went to as students, and why or why not. How many classes of graduates are a lost cause for ticket buying and donations under this regime of McPhee, Massaro and Stockstill? They are at best a lazy, do nothing, content with coasting, trio that I would not trust with anything.
I am finishing up my masters and have talked with a good amount of students/young alumni because I live in the Boro. I have three friends that graduated from MTSU in the last 5 years and never went to any games. That is a major problem.

I am finishing up my masters and have talked with a good amount of students/young alumni because I live in the Boro. I have three friends that graduated from MTSU in the last 5 years and never went to any games. That is a major problem.

We also have a large contingent of non-traditional students. Some are parents with careers and a game doesn't always fit into the schedule with work and kids' activities. That's not an excuse for the larger amount who are traditional students.

For the student body, they are a lot like us. Got to give them a reason to go, something to be proud of. Stock has not done that, neither has Men's Basketball as of late.

I'd be a hypocrite if I critiqued these kids for not wanting to go sit in rain or freeze their tails (I've done both and sucks even more when losing) off knowing you have a 95% chance of losing vs sitting in a warm and dry home with your buddies & plenty of beer watching it on tv. They may get in for free, but still have to buy their drinks.

I will share this, my eldest goes to Mississippi State and everyone is allowed to bring beer into their baseball stadium in a cooler. The cooler size we've taken in holds up to a 12 pack. Maybe allowing these kids to bring beer into the stadium would help.

Last edited:
We also have a large contingent of non-traditional students. Some are parents with careers and a game doesn't always fit into the schedule with work and kids' activities. That's not an excuse for the larger amount who are traditional students.

For the student body, they are a lot like us. Got to give them a reason to go, something to be proud of. Sock has not done that, neither has Men's Basketball as of late.

I'd be a hypocrite if I critiqued these kids for not wanting to go sit in rain or freeze their tails (I've done both and sucks even more when losing) off knowing you have a 95% chance of losing vs sitting in a warm and dry home with your buddies & plenty of beer watching it on tv. They may get in for free, but still have to buy their drinks.

I will share this, my eldest goes to Mississippi State and everyone is allowed to bring beer into their baseball stadium in a cooler. The cooler size we've taken in holds up to a 12 pack. Maybe allowing these kids to bring beer into the stadium would help.
Not a terrible idea. Maybe charge a fee for bringing in a cooler.

And yet, students are still funding a major portion of the AD’s annual budget shortfall with a unilateral ticket charge by way of their increased student activity fees assessed by the King of Cope.
Fact.

what i've been told by current students.

It's boring
We lose
Not fun atmosphere

take it for what its worth
more booze isn't gonna fix it. and trust me, I like a good whiskey.
I'm a firm believer if you don't come home hoarse from a football game, then what's the point? There's been times I felt chastised for yelling, even at a TD. It's easier to feel free to yell surrounded by 20k people instead of 200.

They are 100% right. The atmosphere is boring, quiet, and humdrum. If it wasn't for the PA music you could literally whisper to the person next to you.

Stockstill record with two games left in his 18th season: 112-110

It's possible he can finish 112-112 for a perfect career .500 record.:mad:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT