ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-7, 2-4) vs UTEP (3-7, 2-4) (Senior Day), 1PM, Saturday, November 18, 2023

I listened to the last five minutes. I’m glad that the seniors won but admit that I was cheering on the miners … I hate that.

I keep hoping each Sunday that there would be an announcement but there isn’t. Ain’t no way I’m going to break down stats of two terrible teams playing for nothing.

Definite possibility. They are giving WKU everything they can handle. The goat toppers may need next week to just get bowl eligible.

Heck of a job by Rich Rod too. Whipped LaT 56-17. He's now 17-5 there. I'm surprised LaT hasn't fired Cumby.
And NMSU is hanging right in with Auburn.
Better coaching than us for sure

I think we had about 800. This makes it worse if we sold those tickets only got what 9% to show.
Had breakfast with a buddy yesterday. He told me he was breaking our pact to Not attend another MT game until changes are made. I asked Why? Seems his employer gave him passes to the Hendrix Stadium Club. He said he’d be out of the weather, free food, and be able to watch UT/ Georgia. I told him he was dead to me and never call me again.
No really, told him that would be a good place to get a pic of the crowd and send it to me. He did. Yeah, maybe 800 total. If that.
For you HHH diehards, looked like there was a good contingent of about 30 sitting up there. Not sure if it was the regulars, or just a group liking those seats. Beer garden, almost empty. Blue chair back, sparse. End zone of course we’re almost empty. Saw several decked out in Orange. Not sure if they were Miner fans or Walmart Vol fans. My seven seats in 1QQ are still available. I will buy them back tomorrow if changes are made.

How could anyone in the positions they are in just sit by at let this happen? Nowhere else in America would this be allowed much less be considered ok. Why here? Does no one at this university have an iota of self respect?

We have literally watched over the years in real time the destruction of a collegiate athletics program.

I was told there were 15,000 and standing room only at the kickoff of Oakland at Riverdale on Friday night. Not counting the folks still standing in line to buy tickets who turned around and left when Oakland went up 21-0 after their first three possessions. 10x the Senior Day crowd for MTSU.

How the MTSU AD can claim over 9,000 in attendance when there is photographic evidence to the contrary is baffling to me.
Pathetic. 🤬🤬

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
I was told there were 15,000 and standing room only at the kickoff of Oakland at Riverdale on Friday night. Not counting the folks still standing in line to buy tickets who turned around and left when Oakland went up 21-0 after their first three possessions. 10x the Senior Day crowd for MTSU.

How the MTSU AD can claim over 9,000 in attendance when there is photographic evidence to the contrary is baffling to me.
Pathetic. 🤬🤬
Ya know, there's multiple reasons for that as we know. My high school won their 11th game and made the semis Friday. Packed house of course just like Oakland. Why?

Families of those local kids
Alumni loyalty
Winning
Local pride

We don't have any of that. I'm not saying we should have all local kids. But we all know every school needs some for this exact reason. The disconnect on campus and not winning has killed alumni loyalty. Not winning doesn't bring in the casuals, and the disconnect with the city results in no local pride.

Yet everything is fine if you listen to you know who.

Including everyone in seats, in the band, open air boxes, stadium club, media floor in the box (including coaches), camera crews, and players and coaches ON THE FIELD, we probably hit 3,000 at the very peak of the day. Definitely not that many at the beginning, and nowhere near half that after halftime.

Reactions: Hop45
Including everyone in seats, in the band, open air boxes, stadium club, media floor in the box (including coaches), camera crews, and players and coaches ON THE FIELD, we probably hit 3,000 at the very peak of the day. Definitely not that many at the beginning, and nowhere near half that after halftime.
I wonder how many stayed for the Milligan College game?

Ya know, there's multiple reasons for that as we know. My high school won their 11th game and made the semis Friday. Packed house of course just like Oakland. Why?

Families of those local kids
Alumni loyalty
Winning
Local pride

We don't have any of that. I'm not saying we should have all local kids. But we all know every school needs some for this exact reason. The disconnect on campus and not winning has killed alumni loyalty. Not winning doesn't bring in the casuals, and the disconnect with the city results in no local pride.

Yet everything is fine if you listen to you know who.
This made me curious so I went to 247 to look at the top TN high school recruits (3* or better). I wanted to see how many G5 commits have an offer from us. 3 out of the 10 committed G5 players in the state of TN had an MTSU offer. The two below are two I think should have automatically gotten an offer from us. It’s frustrating that Liberty is recruiting the state better than we are. They’ve got three 3* guys in our state. 2 tight ends and a 6’6 290 high school OL. That should be fireable in itself.

Reactions: MidTennMtneer
This made me curious so I went to 247 to look at the top TN high school recruits (3* or better). I wanted to see how many G5 commits have an offer from us. 3 out of the 10 committed G5 players in the state of TN had an MTSU offer. The two below are two I think should have automatically gotten an offer from us. It’s frustrating that Liberty is recruiting the state better than we are. They’ve got three 3* guys in our state. 2 tight ends and a 6’6 290 high school OL. That should be fireable in itself.
I was chatting about this yesterday at the game with a long-time donor in the association. And your premise isn't necessarily wrong, I think we should at least OFFER in-state talent at the G5 level. But he was saying that the idea or the expectation that G5-level talent would stay "at home" to go to college is not reasonable. Can't compare us to the UTK's of the cfb world getting in-state talent at the P5 level. It's apples and oranges.

For them, it's like going into 13th grade to say you're going to MTxx for college. And I remember that sentiment (13th grade) when I decided to come here, and I wasn't even an athlete, AND I went to high school in Nashville, so not even Murfreesboro, but it still was perceived like that by many.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
Completely agree.

I was chatting about this yesterday at the game with a long-time donor in the association. And your premise isn't necessarily wrong, I think we should at least OFFER in-state talent at the G5 level. But the idea or the expectation that G5-level talent would stay "at home" to go to college is not reasonable. Can't compare us to the UTK's of the cfb world getting in-state talent at the P5 level. It's apples and oranges.

For them, it's like going into 13th grade to say you're going to MTxx for college. And I remember that sentiment (13th grade) when I decided to come here, and I wasn't even an athlete, AND I went to high school in Nashville, so not even Murfreesboro, but it still was perceived like that by many.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
You should care. That’s the problem. Not enough people cared enough what people were doing with their money thus no accountability.

Why do you think I actually posted that? Your response implies it was a oh look at me. SMH. It’s to prove a point that when the die hardest of the die hards are choosing something else something needs to change. Geez that wasn’t about me. Get your head out of your ass and buy a clue.
The die hards were at the game enjoying a win for MTSU. If you no longer support, you are no longer a die hard. Frustrated or not die hard fans show up. Just ask due hard TN fans. Not trying to be argumentative or make anyone mad, but this is the God’s honest truth! You want better, voice it but still show up. Or play a part in killing a program.

Reactions: blueboro007
The die hards were at the game enjoying a win for MTSU. If you no longer support, you are no longer a die hard. Frustrated or not die hard fans show up. Just ask due hard TN fans. Not trying to be argumentative or make anyone mad, but this is the God’s honest truth! You want better, voice it but still show up. Or play a part in killing a program.
Just a matter of opinion. My opinion is that they (SMc, CM, CRS) have found a way to even kill off the die-hards from showing up consistently and giving.

Honestly, it's like MT01 has been saying, we are in an unprecedented situation on the history of CFB with this contract and the lack of donors/boosters to cover/force a buyout.

Just a matter of opinion. My opinion is that they (SMc, CM, CRS) have found a way to even kill off the die-hards from showing up consistently and giving.

Honestly, it's like MT01 has been saying, we are in an unprecedented situation on the history of CFB with this contract and the lack of donors/boosters to cover/force a buyout.
Until the King of the BOT grows weary of sitting in our near empty football stadium and basketball arena, nothing will happen.

It is what it is. Which is why I (along with many others) have chosen to stay away. Those Tweeted crowd pics from yesterday and cartoon tweets mocking football attendance when compared to Oakland vs. Riverdale are pretty embarrassing. But it’s impossible embarrass those in charge who continue to spew propaganda like yesterday’s attendance numbers.

Reactions: MTLynn
Until the King of the BOT grows weary of sitting in our near empty football stadium and basketball arena, nothing will happen.

It is what it is. Which is why I (along with many others) have chosen to stay away. Those Tweeted crowd pics from yesterday and cartoon tweets mocking football attendance when compared to Oakland vs. Riverdale are pretty embarrassing. But it’s impossible embarrass those in charge who continue to spew propaganda like yesterday’s attendance numbers.
That's one thing I don't get...what benefit does the BOT get or see from our Athletic program cratering? It's mind-blowing.

Or is this another theory of the UTK's and Memphis's keeping the other in-state FBS program down?

Completely inaccurate as far as game time. The home side filled up a lot more! End ones were empty, but the blue seats were pretty packed as well as lower level home side & corners. Away side had a lot more than this pic shows. Those in orange were UTEP fans. Beer garden filled up too. One of the bigger crowds this season and it was a pretty loud atmosphere. At least debate this battle accurately…don’t be a politician!

We were there & these pics are an hour or longer before game time. Pics during game tell a much different story, but they still should be more heavily attended. Accuracy from all sides would be quite nice.

Reactions: blueboro007
I was chatting about this yesterday at the game with a long-time donor in the association. And your premise isn't necessarily wrong, I think we should at least OFFER in-state talent at the G5 level. But he was saying that the idea or the expectation that G5-level talent would stay "at home" to go to college is not reasonable. Can't compare us to the UTK's of the cfb world getting in-state talent at the P5 level. It's apples and oranges.

That’s a fair statement but this is where they are located:

Alcoa
Murfreesboro (x2)
Memphis
Maryville
Nashville (x2)
Collierville
Cleveland
Germantown

So for a lot of them we would be “going away” but still close to home. At the end of the day there is no reason to not at least offer. Let the kids decide that not us.

Reactions: mtfblue
Completely inaccurate as far as game time. The home side filled up a lot more! End ones were empty, but the blue seats were pretty packed as well as lower level home side & corners. Away side had a lot more than this pic shows. Those in orange were UTEP fans. Beer garden filled up too. One of the bigger crowds this season and it was a pretty loud atmosphere. At least debate this battle accurately…don’t be a politician!
The photos are a little misleading but it was definitely not one of the “bigger” crowds this year. We noticed a decent amount of people leave after halftime. I wasn’t sure why that was.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT