ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (3-7, 2-4) vs UTEP (3-7, 2-4) (Senior Day), 1PM, Saturday, November 18, 2023

It was that Vanderbilt game in 2015 that I decided I was d o n e with Rick. I was on a family vacation sitting in a parking lot listening to the ending. I was done.

I was at all of those games except the two candy games.
I believe that was the one they lost in the rain when Vandy’s Ralph Webb broke off that last TD run to win it. People still there around me were openly cussing Stockstill. 😂😂.
Nix was gone as DC the following season.

Last edited:
You can only say that because this administration has turned this burgeoning ranch into a trailer park. Every single one of these would have been more than your highest range. Notice how more than half were non-power conf opponents and 9 out of the 10 were 2015 or before. Not trying to be to be a prick, but you consistently miss the big picture and want to fix a symptom instead of a root cause. Just because you weren't around for them doesn't mean it didn't happen and isn't possible...

1. 30,502 Georgia Tech 9/10/11
2. 28,105 Memphis 9/12/09
3. 28,010 Troy 10/5/10
4. 27,568 Tennessee State 9/5/98
5. 27,519 Southeast Missouri 9/28/02
6. 26,717 Vanderbilt 9/2/17
7. 25,908 Minnesota 9/2/10
8. 25,766 Florida Atlantic 9/30/08
9. 25,411 Vanderbilt 10/3/15
10. 24,911 WKU 9/13/14
I would prefer actually selling out the stadium and demanding a premium price for tickets. Just because I view things differently doesn’t make my opinion anymore wrong than yours. It’s an opinion. The fact our all time attendance records do not include a sellout validates my opinion to me. There is absolutely no reason our stadium should sit more than Nashville SC. Also, I am on record for wanting leadership change, that still will not have us packing in 31k a game. Our attendance records prove that.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I would prefer actually selling out the stadium and demanding a premium price for tickets. Just because I view things differently doesn’t make my opinion anymore wrong than yours. It’s an opinion. The fact our all time attendance records do not include a sellout validates my opinion to me. There is absolutely no reason our stadium should sit more than Nashville SC. Also, I am on record for wanting leadership change, that still will not have us packing in 31k a game. Our attendance records prove that.

So, not that long ago we were capable of more than that and in a normal siutation there would be no reason to leave that ticket revenue, concession revenue, merch revenue on the table Not only that but future fans.

Bottom line is fix the core problem rather than mask it. If standard for capacy is determined by what you can do at the moment it should probably reduce to about 4,000 cause I'm not sure we could sell that out right now.

Had this university elected to capitlize on what was being built instead of quitting half way there and setting a standard of mediocrity, then we probably would have had some sellouts over the last five to 10 years. It was being built. We were on our way to that. The program, the fan base was growing and then they stopped trying to achieve. Largely driven by a contract that rewarded just being average. That's when the fans slowly began to slip away. Then apathy set in when everyone saw it wasn't ever going to change.

But I will say one thing in favor of your point. It doesn't matter what size the stadium is right now. It's absolutely irrelevant. And I'm not sure this program will ever recover.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT