ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ (RV) Missouri, SEC Network+, 6PM, Saturday, September 9, 2023

They are looking a lot better this week. Hopefully the D continues to play tough and doesn’t wear down. Need some more long drives to shorten the game if we’re going to have a chance at winning.

why are we resorting to the predictable run run pass now ?

play calling was good until now

Reactions: SpaceRaider
run run pass......punt

gonna have to do better if you want to beat an SEC team on the road

Reactions: SpaceRaider
They just can't get to the Mizzou QB on those 3rd and longs, and he always finds that one open guy.

MT isn't even going to cover the spread at this point

Need to go down there and get 7. Throw the ball to some WR's that can win a 1 on 1. The Olson kid is money keep throwing it

We've become way too predictable with our play calling. We have nothing down field, or even beyond 7 yards for that matter. Missouri is just shorting everything and we have no answer.

Missouri has made adjustments.

MT has not. We keep trying to run the same shit over and over. Our OL is a big problem. They can't hold up more than 2 seconds which greatly shortens our playbook. We also don't seem to have any WR's that can consistently win match ups down field either. Maybe the Olson kid but it can't always be some jump ball circus catch.

We've played well and had a respectable showing. We won't win but it's not looking like a blowout either.

Way too many stupid errors though and individual let-downs. Dropped balls, penalties, targeting calls, 12 men on the field, etc. That's not winning football. It's one thing to lose, but don't beat yourself.

I hate to say this....but DJ England Chisolm sucks. Probably the most overrated player at MT in the last decade...maybe ever. Please stop designing plays for him. They don't work. He's a one route receiver and it's a 9 route. That's it. Stop the rinky dink horse shit it doesnt work. If you want to bring him in for a 9 route then do that. But stop all the other crap. Understand his limitations and how it limits your offense...and stop trying to force it. It's just not a thing.

Do we ever run crossing routes ? I feel like I never see any crossers with this offense. And they're usually really effective against these aggressive man defenses....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT