ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee @ (RV) Missouri, SEC Network+, 6PM, Saturday, September 9, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

University of Missouri

Founded: Enrollment: 32,777 Undergrad 25,627 Postgrad 5,967
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
Black and Gold Nickname: Tiger Mascot: Truman the Tiger
Fight song: Mizzou Fight Song
Series: 1-1
Stadium: Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium (71,168)
Head Coach: : Eli Drinkwitz (Arkansas Tech, 2004)
Record at Missouri: : 18-19 (4th) Overall: 23-13 (5th)
Starters Ret./Lost: 18/8 Lettermen R/L: N/A

Weather Forecast:

Where:
Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium, 600 East Stadium Boulevard,Columbia, Missouri 65201

Ticket Notes:

Stadium Policies:
Prohibited Items Reminder Animals (except for assistive purposes), artificial noisemakers, banners/signs larger than 2'X 3' (must reflect good sportsmanship and must not be on a pole, or affixed to any part of the facility), bags exceeding larger than 16"x 18"x 9", cameras with lens wider than body, commercial grade audio/video equipment, coolers (soft or hard-sided) /cans /beverage containers, items larger than 16"x 18"x 9", laser Lights, outside food or beverage (one sealed water bottle is permitted, and food for medical purposes is permitted with the approval of gate attendant), strollers, umbrellas, weapons/firearms.

Television: SEC Network+, Play-by-play Mark Neely, Analyst Barrett Brooks

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Joe Dubin, WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM – 93.3 FM/95.1 FM - The Varsity Network App

Streaming: Audio, Video (Watch ESPN)

Live Stats: statbroadcast.com

Newspapers: Columbia Missourian, Columbia Daily Tribune, St Louis Post Dispatch, Kansas City Star, The Maneater,

Message Boards:
tigerboard, secrant-mizzou sports,

Blogs:
RockMNation, musclesandmargaritas.com, zounation.com

Athletic site: mutigers.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides: Missouri, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews:

Game Notes:
Missouri game notes, MT game notes, CUSA weekly notes

Game Previews: ,

Roster:
Tigers, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @MizzouFootball, @Mizzou, @MizzouNetwork, @TheManeater, @MarchingMizzou, @MizzouGameday, @ChatMizzou, @MizzouLife, @MUStudentUnions, @MizzouAlumni, @MU_Homecoming, @PowerMizzoucom, @citadelchief, @CoMissourian, @bquist13, @CTPSports, @btoppmeyer, @missourisports, @ZOUNationmag, @LockedOnMizzou,

Hashtags:
#mizzou, #MIZ, #ShowMe, #MIZ105HC, #ZOUForever, , #BlueRaiders, , #TrueBlue, . #MTvsMizzou

Facebook: Missouri Football,

Youtube:
Mizzou Network, @LockedOnMizzou

Instagram: mizzoufootball

Previous Game: Middle Tennessee @ Missouri (SECN), 3PM, Saturday, October 22, 2016

Last edited:
Secondary is gonna get torched, and OL is gonna get abused.

Will be a recurring theme throughout the year.

Look of defeat already and still days away. Sad and pathetic... How much longer are we stuck with him?
Buzz Lightyear To Infinity And Beyond GIF

• Haha
Reactions: MidTennMtneer
How can you stand in front of the media after a 49 point beating in which you give up 56 points & say you're proud of the way you competed as a team?
I was thinking to myself just prior to the press conference of all the things you have to say please don't say you're proud of the way our guys competed.
Well we all know what was immediately brought up.

Reactions: TrueBlue147
I can't stand Brian Kelly, but for once I'd like to hear Stock speak like Kelly did after the FSU loss.

"We certainly are not the football team I thought we were."

"....and we’ve got to do a much better job, obviously, in developing our football team. We clearly were short in a lot of areas tonight, and that falls on me."

"This is a total failure, from a coaching standpoint and a player standpoint that we have to obviously address and we have to own."

I mean yes it was Bama, but like JMU last year, these are the things that need to be said after a horrible loss against a team that you should at least be on par with. So tired of "we competed".

How bad does a score have to be before the "we competed" comments are not brought up post game? I guess that means Arkansas St also "competed" really well last game.

How bad does a score have to be before the "we competed" comments are not brought up post game? I guess that means Arkansas St also "competed" really well last game.
With Stockstill there is no beat down big enough where he wouldn't utter that phrase.

• Sad
Reactions: RaiderDeez
All of this translates to culture. He's not building or pushing the culture at all. It's a culture of mediocrity.
In our minds, yes. In their minds, he is reaching the goals that have been set for him. The admin set the expectations not as championships, but as 6 win seasons and bowl games. And Stock has done that.

I blame the admin moreso than Stock. I mean at my level of experience I'm expected to bring in a certain number of $ for my company and our clients. If X Corp told me they expected $$$$, but Y Corp expected $$, with me getting the same pay from both, and both adding a year on as long as I hit their expectations, I'd sign with Y Corp too. Make life easier.

In our minds, yes. In their minds, he is reaching the goals that have been set for him. The admin set the expectations not as championships, but as 6 win seasons and bowl games. And Stock has done that.

I blame the admin moreso than Stock. I mean at my level of experience I'm expected to bring in a certain number of $ for my company and our clients. If X Corp told me they expected $$$$, but Y Corp expected $$, with me getting the same pay from both, and both adding a year on as long as I hit their expectations, I'd sign with Y Corp too. Make life easier.
Sorry, That don't fly. A motivated coach sets the standards and pushes the AD to support him. You think Prime is letting Rick George lead him? LOL. Nope. George is getting out the way and is backing him up. The Cart should never drive the horse. CorpseStill is 100% complicit in all of this.

Same goes with Saban, Riley, Kiffin, or Smart. They run the show, expectations and culture, the A dept just supports them.

Reactions: Hop45
Sorry, That don't fly. A motivated coach sets the standards and pushes the AD to support him. You think Prime is letting Rick George lead him? LOL. Nope. George is getting out the way and is backing him up. The Cart should never drive the horse. CorpseStill is 100% complicit in all of this.

Same goes with Saban, Riley, Kiffin, or Smart. They run the show, expectations and culture, the A dept just supports them.
That very well should be (and may be) true. Legitimate question though.

If the standard has been set at 6 wins, 50% essentially, who set it? Did Stock say, "this is the best we can do here and that's what the expectations should be" or did the admin say "we expect a minimum of 6 wins. Better, great. But we are happy where we are in the pecking order.".

Not trying to argue as I honestly don't know how ADs and agents and coaching contracts operate. Either way it was set and ALL parties agreed to it.

I guess it comes down to either Stock doing the minimum or that is the best he can do. (For the record I 100% believe he is incapable of sustained double digit seasons and rankings
His coaching and recruiting have shown that)

Last edited:

If the standard has been set at 6 wins, 50% essentially, who set it? Did Stock say, "this is the best we can do here and that's what the expectations should be" or did the admin say "we expect a minimum of 6 wins. Better, great. But we are happy where we are in the pecking order.".

Not trying to argue as I honestly don't know how ADs and agents and coaching contracts operate. Either way it was set and ALL parties agreed to it.

I guess it comes down to either Stock doing the minimum of that is the best he can do. (For the record I 100% believe he is incapable of sustained double digit seasons and rankings
Then Stockstill has no pride. We already know he has no aspirations to do better.

It does make me question whether he knew he would get this type of contract since he is not a great coach, and that ECU would most definitely fire him for this kind of production.

Just not the right time is not an acceptable justification to me.

I know this coach seems to struggle in the SEC but he seems to have great passion and had already had a good idea of what we can do.

Not sure, haven't checked, but believe he was the interim HC at App State when MT got skull drugged all over the field in the NO Bowl. I suspect some what the same results when the Raiders play them this Saturday.

Not sure, haven't checked, but believe he was the interim HC at App State when MT got skull drugged all over the field in the NO Bowl. I suspect some what the same results when the Raiders play them this Saturday.
That App st team was loaded with talent. More than this Mizzou team but yeah, if we get curb stomped, we will be lucky to win 5 games.

Last edited:

I guess it comes down to either Stock doing the minimum or that is the best he can do. (For the record I 100% believe he is incapable of sustained double digit seasons and rankings

I think it's a bizarre situation all around.

When high level athletics comes into play, there's supposed to be a certain ingrained level of competitive-ness, drive, willpower, and pride to try and do your very best. It's sort of what you assume is part of the good faith bargain when you hire a coach.

It's almost unfathomable to think that doesn't exist in a person who's involved in sports. Yet, look at that mug.

So, I could totally see a scenario where the AD sets sort of a minimum expectation, with the idea that coach is going to still strive to do his utmost to exceed those minimums. They then got worked over by the agent and coach. In that case, the AD is just dumb, but incompetence is not the same thing as nefariousness.

But regardless of who's set the level of expectations, at the end of the day, Stockstill's the one with the control over whether or not we succeed as a football program. His intentional and continued minimum efforts to elevate the program is nothing short of fraud.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT