game thread, links are a work in progress:

University of Missouri
Founded: Enrollment: 32,777 Undergrad 25,627 Postgrad 5,967
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
Black and Gold Dart Nickname: Tiger Mascot: Truman the Tiger
Fight song: Mizzou Fight Song
Series: Missouri leads 1-0
Stadium: Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium (71,168)
Head Coach: Barry Odom (Missouri, 1999) Record at Missouri: First season
2015 Record: 5-7 (1-7) Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 14/10 Lettermen R/L: 45/22

Weather Forecast: Sunny/Clear, 71°/0% precip WSW 10 mph

Where: Faurot Field at Memorial Stadium, 600 East Stadium Boulevard,Columbia, Missouri 65201

Ticket Notes: If you are thinking about making the trip to Columbia, tickets are still available to purchase through the University of Missouri ticket office by clicking here or calling 1-800-CAT-PAWS. Tickets start at $40 per ticket. On Saturday the Missouri ticket office will open at 11:00 a.m.General will call is located at the Faurot Field Ticket Office by Gate 1, and the visiting team player guests will call is located at Gate 6W.

Stadium Policies:
Prohibited Items Reminder Animals (except for assistive purposes), artificial noisemakers, banners/signs larger than 2'X 3' (must reflect good sportsmanship and must not be on a pole, or affixed to any part of the facility), bags exceeding larger than 16"x 18"x 9", cameras with lens wider than body, commercial grade audio/video equipment, coolers (soft or hard-sided) /cans /beverage containers, items larger than 16"x 18"x 9", laser Lights, outside food or beverage (one sealed water bottle is permitted, and food for medical purposes is permitted with the approval of gate attendant), strollers, umbrellas, weapons/firearms.

Television: SEC Network (Play-by-Play: Dave Neal, Color Analyst: Matt Stinchcomb, Sideline: Olivia Harlan) - DirecTV: 611, Dish: 404 & 408, AT&T U-Verse: 607/1607, Verizon FiOS: 75/575, Comcast Nashville: 718/1738, Charter: 34/328/802

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), (TuneIn app)

Streaming: Audio, Video (Watch ESPN)

Live Stats: statbroadcast.com

Newspapers: Columbia Missourian, Columbia Daily Tribune, St Louis Post Dispatch, Kansas City Star, The Maneater,

Message Boards: tigerboard, secrant-mizzou sports,

Blogs: RockMNation, musclesandmargaritas.com, zounation.com

Athletic site:
mutigers.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides:
Missouri, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Missouri 2016 SBNation Preview, Missouri 2016 Sports Chat Place College Football Preview, Missouri (Orlando Sentinel #84), Middle Tennessee 2016 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #63), Middle Tennessee 2016 Season Preview

Game Notes:
Missouri game notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: @MizzouFootball Returns Home For Annual Homecoming, RAIDERS STEP OUT OF CONFERENCE TO FACE MIZZOU,

Roster: Tigers, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @MizzouFootball, @Mizzou, @Coach_Odom, @Gelarbee, @MizzouNetwork, @TheManeater, @MarchingMizzou, @MizzouGameday, @ChatMizzou, @MizzouLife, @MUStudentUnions, @MizzouAlumni, @MU_Homecoming, @GabeDeArmond, @PowerMizzoucom, @citadelchief, @CoMissourian, @bquist13, @CTPSports, @btoppmeyer, @missourisports, @ZOUNationmag,,

Hashtags:
#mizzou, #MIZ, #ShowMe, #MIZ105HC, #ZOUForever, , #BlueRaiders, , #TrueBlue, . #MTvsMizzou

Facebook:
Missouri Football,

Youtube:
Mizzou Network,

Instagram:
mizzoufootball

Last edited:
RockMNation:
http://www.rockmnation.com/mizzou-f...orida-recap-drew-lock-josh-heupel-bad-offense
Missouri has 6 days to find Drew Lock’s misplaced confidence and save its season

Missouri receivers will beat MTSU defenders next weekend. Maybe that solves everything.

The defense will have to make stops against a pretty potent Blue Raider offense, but that’s step two in the hierarchy of concern. Nothing else matters at the moment until the Mizzou offense gets rolling again.

When Missouri receivers beat MTSU defenders, Drew Lock has to get the ball to them. Josh Heupel’s got six days to get Drew Lock’s head screwed back on right. This is where he earns his money, I guess.

In the spirit of today's wonderful journalistic style, I'm going make do my complaining in the "5 things" format.
5 Things That Chapped My...

1. The Defensive Line.

Forget the pass rush (nothing to remember), we were being pushed 2-3 yards back on short yardage plays. Even if Nix had blitzed, our tackles would have fallen backwards and gotten penalized for chop blocking our linebackers. Since we weren't getting close to the QB on passing plays, would it have killed them to put their arms in the air. Who knows? Maybe White would have hit them with a pass.
2. Tony Franklin
How hard is it to get a play in, before the play clock is under 5. I didn't keep count, but he did it twice AFTER TIMEOUTS! He did it on consecutive plays in overtime, forcing a timeout.
3. Special teams
Rooker's kick is the obvious, but what about Matt Bonadies? 1:30 to go in the game and he could have pinned them back to the goal line, but he launched a WIND AIDED 36 yarder, allowing them to start outside the 20.
4. The Refs
I don't think any of their calls (or lack of) had a result on the outcome, but they were terrible. They had plenty of chances to call holding on WKU and didn't call it a single time the entire game. They missed at least 6 false starts by our guards. But that's not the worst, I can forgive missed calls, but I don't know how an honest referee can see something that isn't there. "Fair Catch!" Really? Ka-ching!
5. Whoever controls that damn music.
I'm getting close to accepting that I've gotten old and don't have the same musical preferences as other people but could they at least stop blaring it while the offense is trying to run plays. This isn't just an occasional thing. It's a chronic issue. Can somebody give them a Football 101 class?

I'm done complaining. In the words of the famous poet, Bill Belichick, I'm on to Missouri.

Columbia Daily Tribune:

MU notes: Tigers 'not good enough' to treat Middle Tennessee like a cupcake

...MTSU isn’t the cupcake opponent that Delaware State was, either. MTSU already has played one SEC foe, falling 47-24 to Vanderbilt in Week 2. But the Commodores led by only nine points entering the fourth quarter.

MTSU runs an Air Raid system and has passed the ball on 60 percent of its snaps. SophomoreBrent Stockstill is a good quarterback to have running the pass-heavy system. He’s completed 64.9 percent of his passes for 2,091 yards. Even against Vanderbilt’s sturdy defense, he threw for 399 yards.

"He’s an unbelievable talent,” Odom said of Stockstill. “He’s got such a quick release. Just a great competitor. You don’t see many incomplete passes. He makes a lot of right decisions.”

Odom is familiar with Stockstill, having recruited him while Odom was a coach at Memphis. Odom hoped Stockstill would one day take the baton from Paxton Lynch. Instead, Stockstill decided to play for his dad, Rick, who is MTSU’s coach.

Some other nuggets from Monday's media day ...

* Here’s your Blue Raider scouting report, courtesy of Scherer: “They just spread you out and get the ball in the open field to their playmakers. A lot of screens, a lot of lateral runs, things to get their guys the ball in space. They’re not going to come right at you. They’re going to do whatever they can to misdirect you and throw the ball all over the place.”

Part of Scherer’s description makes MTSU’s offense sound like Missouri’s, but Scherer said MTSU is more to the extreme in what it does "to keep everybody moving and keep the pressure off the quarterback – which we do, but this is at a completely different level."

* Missouri and MTSU both operate at a fast tempo. The Tigers average 3.16 plays per minute, which is crazy fast. The Blue Raiders average 2.61, which is fast.

Of course, a fast-paced offense doesn’t necessarily equal a good one. In Saturday’s 40-14 loss to Florida, the Tigers had 10 drives that didn’t produce a first down, including nine three-and-outs. Those drives ended rapidly, both in plays and time expired.

But Odom reiterated Monday that Missouri isn’t going to take its foot off the gas, because he thinks operating with tempo is the best avenue to success for his offense.

“I don’t think if we lined up and got in a huddle situation and tried to break the huddle and go to the line of scrimmage and run power football or play-action and throw it down the field, I don’t know” that that would work well, Odom said. “I think we gain an advantage with, if you can get a first down, you gain an advantage a little bit on the other side trying to catch up. If they’re always sitting there waiting on you to get lined up and it is a very calm, controlled environment, I think that’s an advantage for the defense.” .....

excerpt:

...The Missouri Tigers and the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders face off on Saturday in Week 8 college football action.

The Missouri Tigers are 2-4 this season and they have lost 3 of their last 4 games. The Missouri offense is averaging 33.2 points and 484.3 yards per game and they have turned the ball over 12 times. Mizzou QB Drew Lock has completed 53.9 percent of his passes with 14 touchdowns and 6 interceptions. Damarea Crockett is the Tigers leading rusher with 390 yards and 3 touchdowns and J’Mon Moore is the top receiver with 28 catches and 6 touchdowns. The Missouri defense is allowing 26.2 points and 438 yards per game with 10 interceptions, 4 fumble recoveries, and 10 sacks. Michael Scherer is Missouri’s top tackler with 52, Thomas Wilson has 48 tackles, and Donavin Newsome has 41 tackles. Missouri needs to step it up or they won’t be going to a bowl game this season.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are 4-2 this season and they are coming off of a tough overtime loss to Western Kentucky. MTSU is averaging 37.6 points and 528.4 yards per game and they have turned the ball over 7 times. Blue Raiders QB Brent Stockstill has completed 61.7 percent of his passes with 15 touchdowns and 4 interceptions. I'Tavius Mathers is Middle Tennessee’s top rusher with 582 yards and 8 touchdowns and Richie James is the top receiver with 41 catches and 3 touchdowns and Ty Lee las 22 catches. The MTSU defense is allowing 23 points and 370.6 yards per game with 3 interceptions, 4 fumble recoveries, and 14 sacks. Darius Harris is Middle Tennessee’s top tackler with 42, Alex Dale has 31 tackles, and Chris Melton has 28 tackles. MTSU will need to regroup after last week’s tough loss.

The Under for Missouri is 8-1 after accumulating less than 170 passing yards the previous game and 6-1 in October. Middle Tennessee is 4-0-1 against the spread after allowing more than 280 passing yards in their previous game and 7-1-1 after accumulating more than 280 passing yards in their previous game.....

I'm not getting my hopes up with this game. Can we beat them? Absolutely.

But games like this against power 5 teams that we have a good chance to beat (Purdue, Minnesota, Illinois, Vandy) we tend to play stupid football.

Hope that isn't the case here.

Bill Connelly of SB Nation and Rock M Nation joined us to discuss Mizzou's defeat at Florida and how the Tigers can still salvage a bowl game berth in 2016

St Louis Post Dispatch:

Mizzou, Middle Tennessee spread offenses collide

excerpt:

...The Blue Raiders are all about the spread and will require Missouri’s defenders to tackle in space, which hasn’t exactly been the Tigers’ specialty this year. MT quarterback Brent Stockstill has completed passes to 19 different players in six games. He’ll stretch the field horizontally, attack the underneath routes and poke holes in the defense if the Tigers don’t tackle well.

His favorite target is James, a 5-9 slot receiver who ranks sixth nationally with 57 catches for 766 yards. He’s had at least five catches in every game and topped out at 16 for 233 yards and two scores last week against Western Kentucky. Yes, James had more receiving yards last week than Drew Lock had passing yards the last two weeks combined.....

goblueraiders.com:
http://goblueraiders.com/news/2016/...-conference-to-face-mizzou.aspx?path=football
RAIDERS STEP OUT OF CONFERENCE TO FACE MIZZOU

The game will be broadcast live on the SEC Network with kickoff scheduled for 3:01 PM.

TV INFORMATION: SEC Network
DirecTV: 611
Dish: 404 & 408
AT&T U-Verse: 607/1607
Verizon FiOS: 75/575
Comcast Nashville: 718/1738
Charter: 34/328/802

GAME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)

(GAMEDAY CENTRAL)

Hashtag: #MTvsMIZZOU, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: MT_FB
Instagram: @MTAthletics
Facebook: Blue Raider Athletics

Game Captains: OL Daniel Stephens, DL Jimal McBride, WR Richie James

Date: Saturday, Oct. 22
Time: 3:01 p.m.
Teams: Middle Tennessee (4-2; 2-1) vs Missouri (2-4; 0-3)
Stadium: Memorial Stadium (71,004)
Gates Open: 1:30 p.m.
National Anthem: 2:44 p.m.
Raiders take field: 2:55 p.m.
Weather Forecast:Sunny, 71 degrees
TV: SEC Network
Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1)
Play-by-Play:Chip Walters
Analysis: Wes Counts

Live Streaming | Live Stats | Live Audio

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: Missouri leads 1-0
At Middle Tennessee: 0-0
At Columbia: Missouri leads 1-0
At Neutral Site: 0-0
Rick Stockstill vs Missouri: 0-0
Barry Odom vs MT: 0-0
Last MT Win: NA
Last Missouri Win: 2003 (41-40 (OT) in Columbia)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT