ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-3) @ Western Kentucky (2-2) (CBSSN), 6:30PM, Thursday, September 28, 2023

Agreed.
For me, I hate being so negative about this program. Really wears ya down. We have three generations of MT graduates in my family and the Blue Raiders deserve more. I hate being so negative about something I absolutely enjoy.

Agreed.
For me, I hate being so negative about this program. Really wears ya down. We have three generations of MT graduates in my family and the Blue Raiders deserve more. I hate being so negative about something I absolutely enjoy.

100%

I wish this was talked about more. I can promise you that the athletic department and our coaching staff views us message board people as negative, dumb, simpletons. We are all just a bunch of negative belly aching know-it-all's that actually know nothing.

"If you listen to your fans you will be sitting next to them"

Blah blah blah. Coaching football is not rocket science. Stockstill is past his prime, and his prime was never anything to get excited about anyway. The people on this message board are not negative by default. There is a REASON we are all so disillusioned and desensitized and yes, negative. We are sick and F'ing tired of these pathetic results against peer institutions and lack of championships. Period. End of story.

We need fresh blood. End of story. Stockstill has overstayed his welcome (obvious understatement...). He can't get it done here. But being the stubborn old man that he is, I'm sure he won't be quitting any time soon.

It's all one big selfish world for Rick Stockstill. The program, its players, and the fans be damned. Prick.

This may be true, but look at butts in the seats. if that is what they want, then say it and move on. Don't expect to get anything better or complain that people aren't coming. I show up for the players, not for the coaching staff and if i am investing my hard earned money, i will complain as much as i want. If they don't want my money, i will take it elsewhere. i have multiple friends that did donate to the BRAA but stopped. They would donate again once M, M, and S leave.

I get a lot more bang for my buck with Nashville SC and hoping the Titans too in the coming years. First year STH with NSC and everything about it is better than MT. I've had the conversations about this with the department too.

There is no value in getting season tickets besides getting the same seat every game. None.
100%

I wish this was talked about more. I can promise you that the athletic department and our coaching staff views us message board people as negative, dumb, simpletons. We are all just a bunch of negative belly aching know-it-all's that actually know nothing.

Blah blah blah. Coaching football is not rocket science. Stockstill is past his prime, and his prime was never anything to get excited about anyway. The people on this message board are not negative by default. There is a REASON we are all so disillusioned and desensitized and yes, negative. We are sick and F'ing tired of these pathetic results against peer institutions and lack of championships. Period. End of story.

We need fresh blood. End of story. Stockstill has overstayed his welcome (obvious understatement...). He can't get it done here. But being the stubborn old man that he is, I'm sure he won't be quitting any time soon.

It's all one big selfish world for Rick Stockstill. The program, its players, and the fans be damned. Prick.

After cooling off, I reaffirm I'm not buying season tickets until he's gone. I stopped giving anything to the BRAA or to the university years ago, not that it was a huge amount to anyone but me. I am done with football and won't be stepping into that stadium until he's gone. I'm okay with that. Frees up a lot of Saturdays and some weeknights (now).

I'll still keep up with them, and post here about them, but no more than that.

Looking forward to basketball season.

After cooling off, I reaffirm I'm not buying season tickets until he's gone. I stopped giving anything to the BRAA or to the university years ago, not that it was a huge amount to anyone but me. I am done with football and won't be stepping into that stadium until he's gone. I'm okay with that. Frees up a lot of Saturdays and some weeknights (now).

I don't blame you and please don't feel bad for not showing up. It sucks that the players have to play in an empty stadium, but that's their head coaches fault. Withholding support is not the perfect solution, but it is the only option we have. Sometimes things have to get worse before they get better, and you just have to step back and watch the train crash in slow motion.

Stockstill, Massaro, and McPhee cannot be reasoned with. Their brain cannot comprehend anything outside the status quo. Rick cannot even be brought to fire his geriatric coaching buddies that clearly are just milking the Tennessee state retirement system. They have no shame and no desire for anything more than perpetual 2nd and 3rd place finishes. That's good enough for MTSU by their standards.

You are the better man for not supporting that cesspool any longer.

Last edited:
This may be true, but look at butts in the seats. if that is what they want, then say it and move on. Don't expect to get anything better or complain that people aren't coming. I show up for the players, not for the coaching staff and if i am investing my hard earned money, i will complain as much as i want. If they don't want my money, i will take it elsewhere. i have multiple friends that did donate to the BRAA but stopped. They would donate again once M, M, and S leave.

I get a lot more bang for my buck with Nashville SC and hoping the Titans too in the coming years. First year STH with NSC and everything about it is better than MT. I've had the conversations about this with the department too.

There is no value in getting season tickets besides getting the same seat every game. None.
I've been to one NSC Match about a month ago. Bought season tickets the next week. Great stadium and atmosphere. Not a soccer guy, but gonna learn and have a good time while doing it.

Reactions: BRaiderDave

Same here. This has been my identical thought since last year. Can't support a dead program, & that's what MT football will always be until changes are made. Honestly Thursday night didn't make me that upset because I already knew what was going to happen. On to basketball season!

I've been gone a while. Decided to come back as I was noticing our Groundhog Day type season and see what we were talking about here. Same results. Same sentiments. Sad. Just sad given the good times and memories and I have of MT football. My 5 year old wants to go to a game. I grimace.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
The time came and passed for Rick Stockstill several years ago. It is incredible to me how much one man's pride is ruining the reputation and foundation of our football program. Granted, the students on the team are getting a good experience, but the world around them is crumbling.

Reactions: Hop45 and MTFAN61
Just bet against them and make cash. They may let us down on the field but they are an ATM machine for me right now.

Just bet against them and make cash. They may let us down on the field but they are an ATM machine for me right now.

Doesn’t seem wise. Stockstill has made a living out of beating bad teams later in the season. Now that we are 1-4, the fans are pissed, the stadium will be empty, and we basically have no chance to win CUSA, he will start reeling off wins against the weaker competition.

There’s still for sure some more losses in our future, but this team is going to fight like a dog to get those 5-6 wins for the year. This man has made a literal living winning these meaningless pillow fight match ups later in the year against weaker competition.

You would be wise to stop while you’re ahead. If anything, there’s probably some good value with MT going forward in certain situations. I do think we best jax state. They are due for a loss and our players will be pissed. We are still a bad team.

I’m torn because I want change. It’s hard to root for them to lose because I feel so bad for these kids and their families. They don’t deserve this situation. They deserve all the support in the world but they are caught up in a weird, unique, challenging set of circumstances. It’s very conflicting. Shame on Stockstill and our “leaders” for letting it come to this.

Last edited:
I've been to one NSC Match about a month ago. Bought season tickets the next week. Great stadium and atmosphere. Not a soccer guy, but gonna learn and have a good time while doing it.
I got them right before the season started. Went to a few games last year and had so much fun. I've been learning over this year, and didnt realize it would become such a big part of me, at least now.

Where are your seats?

Doesn’t seem wise. Stockstill has made a living out of beating bad teams later in the season. Now that we are 1-4, the fans are pissed, the stadium will be empty, and we basically have no chance to win CUSA, he will start reeling off wins against the weaker competition.

There’s still for sure some more losses in our future, but this team is going to fight like a dog to get those 5-6 wins for the year. This man has made a literal living winning these meaningless pillow fight match ups later in the year against weaker competition.

You would be wise to stop while you’re ahead. If anything, there’s probably some good value with MT going forward in certain situations. I do think we best jax state. They are due for a loss and our players will be pissed. We are still a bad team.

I’m torn because I want change. It’s hard to root for them to lose because I feel so bad for these kids and their families. They don’t deserve this situation. They deserve all the support in the world but they are caught up in a weird, unique, challenging set of circumstances. It’s very conflicting. Shame on Stockstill and our “leaders” for letting it come to this.
Where will the wins come from? We have no consistent talent on offense and the secondary can't stop a corpse from moving downfield. I've watched this team for over 40 years and this may be one of the worst teams we've fielded. Definitely in the bottom percentage. We have some heart but no ability. WKU was not that good and they just turned on the jets and cruised. Not good. So let's look ahead...

Jax st. - Thay are as good if not better defensively than WKU. = I'm going Jax st all the way.
LaTech is comming alive. They will follow the CSU method and nickel and dime us. - LaTech
Liberty is you know Liberty and it's at Liberty. - Liberty will cover whatever spread.

Thwt's 1-7

FIU should have beaten us last year and we had more talent. They will get us this year. 1-8
UTEP, NMSU and SHSU are possibilities but 2 of them can beat us. So that's potentially 1-11 or 4-8.

MT is a goldmine this year and now I'm playing with house money. I'm 4-0 with them. Vandy has been the same for me this year. I just know them really well. I knew we'd cover Mizzou and I knew we'd crap the bed with CSU and WKU. This ain't hard to figure out. Yeah, we churn out wins over crappy teams but there are less crappy teams now and we are below average this year.

I'm not pissed at all. This is what it is. We need Stock to lose now so we can get him gone faster. It's gonna suck. I might as well make bank.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
100%

And you guys gotta know we are literally never getting rid of him - i will bet you antything they're going to put up a statue when he finally retires.

To those on here that also follow NSC, does Manager Gary Smith kind of remind you of 'somebody'?

To those on here that also follow NSC, does Manager Gary Smith kind of remind you of 'somebody'?
Don't know soccer very well and haven't followed that closely enough to have an opinion, but I think I see where you are going with that........:cool:

Reactions: Predarat
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT