ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-3) @ Western Kentucky (2-2) (CBSSN), 6:30PM, Thursday, September 28, 2023

Coming from Captain Covid Underpants, it's still a dumb thing to say even though it is the truth. I might drop $500.00 on WKU. LOL

back up to 7

I still like MT's chances. I think we come out and maybe even take the ball first. Plan is to physically impose our will and run the ball like crazy. Some of those runs will be WR screens but nonetheless this is going to be a throw back kind of game in my opinion. We have 3 excellent RB's along with a capable running QB.

Ground and pound.

We just can't give up easy scores early and get behind the 8 ball. I hope we win the toss and take the ball.

This is a Stockstill team we're talking about here. This isn't happening.

maybe not, but i think they will try. i could see a fake punt or FG come tonight as well, similar to what CSU did to us

Our pass defense under Shafer is the weakest I've seen in a long time, maybe ever.
Outside of Ohio St game WKU averaging about 39 a game. This will be about right on average.
Going with WKU 38-24

games starting exactly how we couldnt afford it to start....them getting the ball and abusing our secondary

Didn't the MT/WKU games use to have both teams in their "home" jerseys at one point? I kind of liked that during a rivalry game.

Reactions: Predarat
You would think Rick could kinda figure this out on his own. But guess not. It’s just unfathomable how badly our OL is coached.

Reactions: Hop45
to be fair, that was a total horse shit holding call. you can call that every play on both teams if you want to. flag came pretty late too. pathetic. refs must have the under

True. A good OL that makes a mistake from time to time is one thing. A trash OL that kills your own team year after year, kinda deserves some piling on.

yea we are not winning tonight. OL is much worse than I anticipated. They cannot pass pro or run block.

Anyone counting the # of join-the-army commercials so far? Holy crap is Uncle Sam hard up or what.

The literally rushed 2 guys, and we couldn't hold a pocket.
I was thinking the same thing. I think I’ve already had enough and ready to do something different for the night. LOL.

It’s a matter of when not if in this game.

I think I’ve already had enough and ready to do something different for the night.

Right there with you. I'm done. Don't know why I even bother year after year when it's the definition of groundhog day. Our administration and current coaches have destroyed our major athletics programs, from the inside out. I don't even have the desire to say much more or complain anymore. Nothing but a waste of time, that's all any of this is.

Peace

If it weren't for WKU dropped passes, the game would already be a blowout; we're dead in the water

Reactions: Hop45
2nd and 17 run when you're down 10 pts early....makes sense

Not to defend the call, but Stewart tried a counter hoping WKU would follow the pulling guards. It didn’t work, but he doesn’t trust them to straight up block a 5 step drop. If WKU sends more than 3, this line has little to no chance of pass blocking.

1. This team is insufferable to watch. Just pathetic.

2. Why is WKU so much bigger than us? They are a peer program. Not Duke, BYU, or MS St. They are just way more physical than us.

Reactions: JohnDavidBlue
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT