ADVERTISEMENT

ESPN Article on Terrible Vegas Tourney Location

It was... something else. I'm amazed that our coaches didn't say more than they did about the environment. Guess that goes to show that they were focused on the right things, though! Shocking that it took 40 MINUTES for paramedics to arrive after an injury in one of the games.

Ballroom isn't a big deal. Many games are played like that. Men's and women's. Issue is as said above, EMTs especially (even high school games have medics on standby) bleachers, scoreboard. It screams little. You can do ballroom games and it still not look Bush league.

Interesting comments. The one that stood out to me is that they realized too late that the set up would not be up to par. So at what point did they determine this? And when they did, did they alert the participanting teams? Perhaps they went to set up a couple of days before the event and realized - hey we have no bleachers and this certainly isn't going to look like what we advertised. But to not have a medical staff on site. Are you kidding me? While I was listening the refs had to leave the court to go review a replay. Apparently there were issues with court side monitors too. It's like they set up a scorers table and tossed out a few chairs. Whomever set up the court had the hardest job but beyond that, very little was done. The tournament director has no business holding their position. No way you should missed the mark that much without being held accountable. Kudos to the Indiana coach for speaking out. The teams, staffs and fans who traveled deserved better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT