ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (2-7, 1-4) vs FIU (4-5, 1-5), (Salute to Veterans and Armed Services), 2:30PM, Saturday, November 11, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links are a work in progress

14350869_103033743496340_6626545100711264256_n.0.jpg

Florida International University
Founded: 1965 Enrollment: 56,886 Undergrad 48,186 Postgrad 8,700
Acceptance rate: 50%
Colors: Blue and Gold
Fight song: FIU Fight Song
Series: MT leads 9-5 on the field (one win vacated by FIU due to NCAA sanctions).
Stadium: OCEAN BANK FIELD AT FIU STADIUM
Head Coach: Mike MacIntyre (Georgia Tech, 1989)
Record at FIU: 4-8 (2nd) Overall: 50-73 (11th)
2022 Record: 4-8 2022 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 16/11 Lettermen R/L: 57/37

Weather Forecast:

Where:
Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, Capacity (30,788), 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Television: ESPN+: Play-by-play Jake Rose, Analyst Jeremy Kellem, Field Analyst Justin Beasley

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, Murfreesboro – WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM; Lynchburg – WDUC 93.9 FM; Nashville – The Game 102.5 FM/97.5 FM; TuneIn

Streaming: Audio, watch

Live Stats:
LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Miami Herald, FIU Student paper, , , ,

Message Boards:
FIU Golden Panthers, ,,

Athletic site:
fiusports.com, goblueraiders.com,

Media Guides:
FIU, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews:

Game Notes:
FIU Notes, MT GAME NOTES, CUSA Weekly Release

Roster: Panthers, Blue Raiders

Game Previews: Panthers return to action on Saturday afternoon at Middle Tennessee

Twitter: @FIUFootball, @FIUAthletics, @PetePelegrin, @FIUPantherVSN, @TamiamiArmy, @PantherPodcast, @AJRicketts, @EricCHenry_, @DavidDrucker,
@BarstoolSports, , ,

Hashtags:
#FIU, #FIUPanthers, #PawsUp,

Facebook: FIU Panthers,

Youtube:
FIU Panthers, , ,

Instagram: fiuathletics, fiupanthersfootball

Last edited:
Meanwhile, some prognosticators have Liberty projected for the Fiesta Bowl.

This institution is a complete disgrace right now.
Honestly them moving to CUSA was a really smart decision for them. They now have access to the NY6 games. They’re going to run this conference most years I think.

LU wins out, they'll be in the NY6 spot, especially now that Air Force lost. And the weak schedule doesn't matter. Air Force and Tulane (the only CFP ranked G5s last week) both have played schedules in the 100s. JMU has as well.

Some said Chadwell made a lateral move from CCU. I say no. Easier path to a champ and an over $3m/yr pay raise. Plus they have the $ and don't need that Power $ game every year like we, and most other G5s do.

A NY6 bowl would mean about an extra $4m for the conference.

LU wins out, they'll be in the NY6 spot, especially now that Air Force lost. And the weak schedule doesn't matter. Air Force and Tulane (the only CFP ranked G5s last week) both have played schedules in the 100s. JMU has as well.

Some said Chadwell made a lateral move from CCU. I say no. Easier path to a champ and an over $3m/yr pay raise. Plus they have the $ and don't need that Power $ game every year like we, and most other G5s do.

A NY6 bowl would mean about an extra $4m for the conference.

I was saying this same thing when all the conference realignment happened. The Sun Belt has some really good teams at the top, but that makes it a lot more difficult to run the table and they haven't (yet) garnished the national respect to get the NY6 look for a team with 1-2 losses like the AAC/MWC currently does.

I really hope LU makes it, for the sake of the conference, but their next game against ODU will be a tough one.

Liberty will run the conference until they hire a dud for a HC.

They will continue to poor $$$ into athletics across the board. Some have stated (and I think it's correct) that Liberty wants to be the evangelical version of BYU.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Liberty will run the conference until they hire a dud for a HC.

They will continue to poor $$$ into athletics across the board. Some have stated (and I think it's correct) that Liberty wants to be the evangelical version of BYU.
That’s stated within Liberty leadership all the time. The goal is to become what BYU and ND are for Mormans and Catholics but for evangelicals.

Reactions: AustinLewis
They are well on their way. They have a very impressive budget and their fan support is an outlier for what we usually see in CUSA. A very good outlier.

I cannot imagine them sticking around for long.

I'm a vet myself, but debating if I want to keep throwing good money at this crap show
Good news is that it is free this weekend. A few years back and friend from the Navy and I went and we had a blast. Free food and drinks before the game. It was Mission BBQ and Steel Barrel Brewery when we went. Would definitely go if I still lived in area.

Reactions: DisgruntledAlum
Good news is that it is free this weekend. A few years back and friend from the Navy and I went and we had a blast. Free food and drinks before the game. It was Mission BBQ and Steel Barrel Brewery when we went. Would definitely go if I still lived in area.
Where do they do that?

Last edited:
Man the stands look awful on TV.

Our veterans deserve a better crowd than that. Freaking Stock and this admin for keeping him around. 😤

• Sad
Reactions: SpaceRaider
10-0 good guys, typically Stock. Beat up on bad teams to keep himself off the hot seat.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT