ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (2-7, 1-4) vs FIU (4-5, 1-5), (Salute to Veterans and Armed Services), 2:30PM, Saturday, November 11, 2023

STATFIUMT
Total Yds165306
Pass Yds133241
Rush Yds3265
Penalties2-203-15
1st Downs1212
3rd Downs4-105-10
4th Downs0-01-2
Total Plays4540
Avg Yds/Play3.77.7
Avg Yds/Completion9.513.4
Avg Yds/Rush1.84.1
Sack-Adj Rush Yd(Avg)46 (3.1)65 (4.1)
Red Zone2-21-1
Time of Poss14:5015:10
Turnovers (Def Pts Off)1 (7)0 (0)
Fumbles-Lost2-10-0
Sacks (Def Yds)0 (0)3 (14)
TFL (Def Yds)3 (6)4 (16)

Game Comparison
STATFIUMT
Total Yds277427
Pass Yds230288
Rush Yds47139
Penalties6-554-30
1st Downs1719
3rd Downs5-186-14
4th Downs2-31-2
Total Plays7563
Avg Yds/Play3.76.8
Avg Yds/Completion1014.4
Avg Yds/Rush1.33.9
Sack-Adj Rush Yd(Avg)67 (2.1)139 (3.9)
Red Zone2-42-2
Time of Poss30:3129:29
Turnovers (Def Pts Off)1 (7)0 (0)
Fumbles-Lost3-10-0
Sacks (Def Yds)0 (0)4 (20)
TFL (Def Yds)4 (9)7 (29)

I feel bad for any veterans that show up for next saturday's Salute to Veterans game. If there's more than 2500 in the stands I'd be surprised.
Didn’t matter as almost all concessions on visitors side not even open. Ridiculous.

That’s stated within Liberty leadership all the time. The goal is to become what BYU and ND are for Mormans and Catholics but for evangelicals.

It will never happen, Notre Dame built their fanbase in a different time and there's zero chance of a Evangelical university being the equivalent of BYU with regards to the importance to the church.

Furthermore the largest concentration of evangelicals is in ACC/SEC/Texas where the overwhelming majority already have a team that is nearly as important to them as their religion.

Not saying their deep pockets won't take them far, but BYU and Notre Dame is out of reach.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
Lol. You been against liberty from the start.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Could you see an upstart Catholic University reaching Notre Dame's level today?

Brigham Young is what? The third most important man in the Mormon faith after Jesus and Joseph Smith. BYU is practically Mecca to LDS.

They can buy a lot, maybe even a great football program, but the path just isn't there to become the team for evangelism.

Good for you.

Tell me where I'm wrong.

Could you see an upstart Catholic University reaching Notre Dame's level today?

Brigham Young is what? The third most important man in the Mormon faith after Jesus and Joseph Smith. BYU is practically Mecca to LDS.

They can buy a lot, maybe even a great football program, but the path just isn't there to become the team for evangelism.

While still a pathetic crowd, I was surprised by how many were there today. Definitely more than last game. Likely due to many free tickets given out for veterans day.
Well, there apparently was a celebrity on the MT sideline yesterday. There’s a pic floating around the internet today of DeAngelo Williams and West behind the Blue Raider bench. 😂😂

Last edited:
He was won a National Championship, 2 or 3 Conference Championships, 8-2 in Bowl Games. Sign me up!
He had immense success at FSU because he had outstanding assistants. His success at A&M is mediocre because he has mediocre assistants,

The best head coaches, regardless of their assistant coaches, win at a high level. Head coaches that are mediocre rely on the abilities of their assistant coaches.

Well, there apparently was a celebrity on the MT sideline yesterday. There’s a pic floating around the internet today of DeAngelo Williams and West behind the Blue Raider bench. 😂😂

Geez. Reed Blankenship and Philip Tanner were there for Stock too. PT was interviewed bragging big time on Stock. I get loyalty snd admiration but love for the overall health of the program should matter too.

In the pecking order, players have more loyalty to their coach than the university.
Truth.
Stock is desperately dragging those few players who moved up to say something good about him. Pure desperation moves.

We all know how crappy of a coach he is and has zero business walking the sidelines as an HC. I truly don't even think he is coordinator material.

In the pecking order, players have more loyalty to their coach than the university.
Truth.
I wouldn't say that about every school but definitely here. It doesn't help that Stockstill seems to create an us against the world attitude in his players that often also includes the fans. It's like he is bitter that nobody shows up to the games and blames the fans instead of his crap football teams.

I wouldn't say that about every school but definitely here. It doesn't help that Stockstill seems to create an us against the world attitude in his players that often also includes the fans. It's like he is bitter that nobody shows up to the games and blames the fans instead of his crap football teams.
Maybe that's where the Twitter pundits' whole attitude of "if fans show up it will fix everything" comes from.

Truth.

He's like some kind of third-world dictator - he just surrounds himself with cronies and henchmen who he can trot out to spout about how great he is, and how good of a job he's doing, and how it's all everyone else's fault when his woeful incompetence leads to these results year after year. He greases the right palms with his "donations" and it'll take some kind of coup to get him out.

I actually was discussing MT football with a UT guy the other day, and he actually said "well, Stockstill's done a lot for that university". I almost spit out my drink, but I didn't because that guy wasn't being facetious and it was Old Fitz 17 year and I ain't wasting that.

That's the genuine outsiders opinion - they don't pay attention to the results or attendance (or lack thereof), they just assume that after 18 years, he's a lovable old MT institution that "gives back" and certainly he could have left and didn't (no one stays at a G5 program for that long - if they're bad they get fired, if they're good they move on), so he must be loyal to a fault.

The thought that he made it near 20 years with no success at all and is still around just doesn't compute.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT