FOOTBALL Alabama A&M @ Middle Tennessee, 6PM, Saturday, Sept 3, 2016

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
Game thread, it will be here before you know it, links are a work in progress:

Alabama A&M University
Founded: 1875 Enrollment: Undergraduates 4,505 (Fall 2015) Postgraduates 1,123 (Fall 2015)
Colors: Maroon and White Nickname: Bulldogs
Series: First meeting
Conference: SWAC
Stadium: Louis Crews (21,000)
Head Coach: James Spady (UTEP, 1995) Record at AAMU: 7-16 (3rd) Overall: Same
2015 Record: 3-8
Starters Ret./Lost: 11/11 Lettermen R/L: NA

Weather Forecast:
Sunny, 86°

Television: CUSA.tv/RaiderVision

Radio: WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville)

Streaming: CUSA.tv/RaiderVision

Newspapers: Huntsville Times,

Message Boards:

Blogs:

Athletic site: aamusports.com, GoBlueRaiders.com

Media Guides: AAMU Media Guide, MT Middle Tennessee 2016 Season Preview

Twitter: AAMU - @aamuedu, @AAMUBulldogs, @spadyj, @AAMUFOOTBALL

Facebook:
Alabama A&M University,

Instagram: aamuathletics,

Last edited:
Among 54 votes on CSNbbs, 76% of our fellow Conference USA fans picked MT to have the biggest margin of victory over an FCS team in Week 1. I think we can live up to that expectation -- AAMU is pretty crappy. They should bring a few fans, though, so that will be fun!

Reactions: MTOleBlue
Facebook event for the game:

I invited a bunch of folks there. Social media is definitely not used like it should be. Very glad to see some activity, everyone join if you haven't and invite your friends. Excited for the 3rd.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
early, early forecast for 9/3

Sunshine and clouds mixed. High around 90F. Winds light and variable.

90° / 68°

Precip chance 20%

Winds ESE 5 mph

humidity 59%

CrB994mWcAAUjZy.jpg

I have to be honest. I haven't followed football in the past few years. It has been my own protest of stock and his mediocrity. I am very casual about them, but basketball is where I concentrate. That said I knew that Shane tucker was lost for the season. What happened to the 2-3 other guys we had? I think Kamani Thomas was one. How many rb injuries have we had?

I have to be honest. I haven't followed football in the past few years. It has been my own protest of stock and his mediocrity. I am very casual about them, but basketball is where I concentrate. That said I knew that Shane tucker was lost for the season. What happened to the 2-3 other guys we had? I think Kamani Thomas was one. How many rb injuries have we had?
The RB corps is healthy

Probably (definitely) not the right thread for this, but it's funny to me how you protest Stock's "mediocrity" but concentrate on basketball. Kermit was extremely mediocre for years before the last few. Did you protest him?

Reactions: MidTnBlues
Davis has had 2 losing seasons in 14 years. Stockstills record is right at .500. Davis is around .630.
But still mediocre until the last few. No outright championships and no tourney wins. Again, until recently when we started going juco and transfer heavy.

goblueraiders.com:

RAIDERS TO OPEN 102ND SEASON

AME INFORMATION
(FULL GAME NOTES)

(GAMEDAY CENTRAL)

Hashtag: #BeatAAMU, #BlueRaiders
Twitter: MT_FB
Instagram: @MTAthletics, @MT_FB
Facebook: Blue Raider Athletics

Game Captains: 66 Daniel Stephens, 97 Raynard Felton, 13 Demetrius Frazier

Date: Saturday, Sept. 3
Time: 6:00 PM
Teams: Middle Tennessee (0-0) vs Alabama A&M (0-0)
Stadium: Floyd (30,788)

Note: All bags 14-by-14-by-10 inches and smaller will be allowed into the stadium, and every bag will be checked before patrons are allowed to enter. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.
Weather Forecast: Sunny, 86°
Honorary Captains: Mayors, Police and Fire Chiefs
Parking:Map
Raider Walk: 3:45 p.m.
Raider Town: Opens at 4 PM (Gate 3)
Gates Open: 4:30 p.m.
TV: CUSA.tv (Jake Rose and DeJuan Buford)
Radio: WMOT-FM (89.5), WGNS (1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM), Game 2 (102.5/94.9/95.1)
Play-by-Play:Chip Walters
Analysis: Wes Counts

Live Streaming | Live Stats | Live Audio

SERIES HISTORY
Overall: First Meeting
At Middle Tennessee: 0-0
At Floyd Stadium: 0-0
At AAMU: 0-0
At Neutral Site: 0-0
Rick Stockstill vs AAMU: 0-0
James Spady vs MT: 0-0
Last MT Win: NA
Last AAMU Win: NA

But still mediocre until the last few. No outright championships and no tourney wins. Again, until recently when we started going juco and transfer heavy.

Just butting into the conversation but I have been to 1 football game in 3 years and driving to Saint Louis was the first live bball game I've seen in almost 3 and a half. I think it is absurd that we don't have an outright championship. Kermit did his thing. Time for Stock.

Well, we look good. Opponent is obviously garbage, but we look good nonetheless. I like how we had 6 TD passes in the game with every pass going to a different receiver. I wasn't at the game and wasn't able to watch it. Can someone who was there discuss what they saw? Seems like Brent and the O-Line are getting it done.

They looked good indeed. Like you said, the competition was pretty weak, but they looked good nonetheless from what I saw.

Offense has definitely gelled under Franklin and the defense looked great. Malik Hawkins looked the part and I was really impressed with Khalil Brooks. He was all over the place.

Offense could end up top 10 given our opponents. Vandy will be a challenge with their tougher D next week (obviously) but I have a really good feeling about this year. First shutout since 2013. Defense looked remarkable considering how crappy I was expecting us to look. It is Bama A&M but still. I expected at least one big play given up for a score. And the only "big play" that they did give up was with 2nd/3rd string in the 4th!

Just butting into the conversation but I have been to 1 football game in 3 years and driving to Saint Louis was the first live bball game I've seen in almost 3 and a half. I think it is absurd that we don't have an outright championship. Kermit did his thing. Time for Stock.
So is the seating on the bandwagon as comfortable as some say?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT