ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL The AD says, "Don't give up on us!"

FranklinRaider315

Hall of Famer
Jun 24, 2009
Franklin, TN

Gonna have to find a good sports bar with the ACC Network feed in Jackson, TN next Saturday to watch the Blue Raiders at 2:30pm and the Tigers at 7:00pm.

Big crowd, looked great on TV.

Weird tweet from the AD, at least he's trying to lead I guess. Wish stock would do the same, that sourpuss face and attitude does nothing to motivate. In fact I'm a firm believer it sucks the energy from our team.

Big crowd, looked great on TV. for the first half.

Weird tweet from the AD, at least he's trying to lead I guess. Wish stock would do the same, that sourpuss face and attitude does nothing to motivate. In fact I'm a firm believer it sucks the energy from our team.

FYP. The only folks left on the visitor side in the 2nd half was the Band of Blue.

Man you are a true fan. I was watching the fl state bama game at that point. They can have my money but not going to waste my time!

His tweet strikes me as someone pleading for support and fans that are fleeing as he knows a marketing PR disaster has just occurred.

Reactions: Hop45
His tweet strikes me as someone pleading for support and fans that are fleeing as he knows a marketing PR disaster has just occurred.

What would you have liked him to say? I think he and CRS are saying the right things. Coach didn't sugar coat anything, he said we were terrible. He said we didn't compete on the OL.

How long are we (as alumni) supposed to keep paying for this? My attendance since 2013:

2013 - UNC road trip - L
Memphis - W
ECU - L
Navy road trip - L

2014 - WKU - W
BYU - L
Memphis road trip - L

2015 - Vandy - L
WKU road trip - L (Over by halftime)

2016 - Vandy - L
WKU - L (Homecoming) Snatches defeat from the jaws of a win in OT

2-9

I have no desire to watch us lose at home to FL and TX directional schools. No more. If not for a family illness in Jackson I would have suffered through that mess Sat. night with a client/buddy of mine once again in JRF.

just please don't ever stop posting. No idea what MT would do without your constant drone urging everyone to quite on the program. Ps I'll pay for it until I die.

My personal opinions I share are never directed at any other fan nor do I tell another fan how to spend their money. There are numerous posters in here who vent their frustrations after terrible losses which begs the question why guys like you and JT choose to single me out. I paid over $30,000 in tuition and fees and spent 36 semester hours in the classroom at night and on Saturdays to earn an MBA from MTSU. I think I have more than earned the right to express my opinion. I wonder many of you haters actually graduated or attended a class at MTSU?

If something is wrong, which it's obvious there is and has been since 2009, continuing to throw money at it out of blind loyalty is not my idea of a solution.

Last edited:
Reactions: MTTim
Haha ya I'm just one of the many band wagon blue raiders that never attended. Beside that kid who loved the basketball team I doubt there are any.

Trust me, we all know your opinion on donations. I was just sharing mine. Till I die. No hard feelings thanks for the resume.

Reactions: arg3b
This is a message board and folks should be free to express their opinion without personal attack. Everyone knows we have great potential as a program. My opinion is our AD and HC do not have the vision or leatership to get us there.

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Everyone here has some ties to the university through multiple channels so professing the amount of money spent or hours dedicated fall on deaf ears. The team looked like sh-t Saturday night and didn't answer the bell. Now, can they fix it and get better or is this what we have to look forward to for 2017?

Mr. AD - We are tired of the predictable results and predictable product being put on the field. Any time we get any decent sized crowd the team not only loses, but looks pathetic in doing so. It's been like this for years, going back to prior to when you arrived even.

The folks who follow this team and program are simply sick of it and have been sick of it for years. I'm actually SHOCKED 26,000 showed up for the game against Vanderbilt.

Was Stock an upgrade over McCollum? I guess, he has a slightly better winning % overall, but McCollum was 3-0 against Vanderbilt at least, Stock is 0-3. I was only around for 2 years of McCollum's tenure but our win @ Vanderbilt when we were 0-4 and they were 4-0 with Jay Cutler is the most memorable football experience of my life. Stock's working on season 11 and hasn't even come close. Pathetic.

Has Stock moved the program forward? A little. We went to our first bowl (with all of McCollum's players) and improved our APR shortly after he arrived....and then....

Since then we are 1-5 in bowl games, 0 outright conference titles, and no meaningful seasons beyond 2009. We have not had any really good meaningful seasons except 2009, which was quickly pissed on by 2 wins afterwards.

I don't feel like our expectations for the football program are unreasonable. Since arriving in 2006, Stock still has yet to truly win a conference title which is mind boggling.

The problem here Mr. AD is that we are in Stock's 11th season and nothing's changed since his 1st season. I guarantee this season will end just like 2006 did with us being bowl eligible, not winning our conference, and getting our teeth kicked in by some directional Michigan program in the Rally's bowl or something. And while that isn't the worst thing in the world, it's becoming a stale, predictable outcome for the fans who follow the program.

At some point you have to ask yourself if you think Stock has what it takes for us to go to the next level....to take that next step forward.

At some point you have to say enough is enough, you've had enough chances, you've had enough time, it's time to try something else because this isn't working. Even if that something else fails (and potentially fails miserably), at least you tried to win a championship. Sitting around and accepting mediocrity reflects very poorly on the athletic department.

Look, I went to school here, spent 9 years of my life in Murfreesboro, made a lot of great friends in the town including some awesome former players, and will always follow the program. This is just a job and a means to an end for you, I get that. You care about ticket sales, money donations, etc. to manage your department. I get that too. And trust me on this, you go out and hire a new coach, even if he doesn't do well the first few years, it's still going to generate more excitement than 7-6 seasons under Stockstill. New hires bring hope. And imagine if that new hire kicks some @$$ (and we could easily hire someone to do that). What are we afraid of here? If we win a CUSA championship the donations, ticket sales, all that $hit is going to better than ever. Be bold. Reach for greatness. Stop freakin' accepting mediocrity!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT