ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Middle Tennessee (25-26-1, 10-16-1) @ UAB (20-29, 12-15) series - starting Thursday, 5/17/2018

What are the odds? LOL

excerpt:

...Middle Tennessee, Rice, UAB and WKU are vying for the final two spots of the eight-team, double-elimination tournament that will take place in Biloxi, Miss. WKU (21-28, 11-16) is at Florida Atlantic (34-15-1, 17-8-1) this weekend, while Rice (23-28-2, 11-14-2) will close at FIU (25-25,-14-12).

There are several scenarios in which the Blue Raiders could make the tournament, but they need to either win the series or sweep UAB to earn a spot. If Middle Tennessee sweeps UAB, then it would need either Rice to lose one game, or WKU lose at least two at Florida Atlantic.

If Middle Tennessee wins two games at UAB, then it must also have WKU lose at least two games at Florida Atlantic AND Rice win no games at FIU.....

goblueraiders.com
https://goblueraiders.com/news/2018/5/16/baseball-blue-raiders-head-to-uab-for-pivotal-series.aspx
Blue Raiders head to UAB for pivotal series

WKU loses first 2 games of series. A win for us tonight or tomorrow and we finish ahead of WKU.

Rice wins game 1 of series. If Rice wins another one, we need sweep of UAB.

Last edited:
Raiders lose to UAB as blazers score in bottom of ninth.

UAB qualifies for tournament, MT season will end with final game tomorrow .

Need a change, Massaro.

I think we need a change too, I haven't been to a baseball game in several years. When we got the new park and our teams didn't improve, I just kind of disappeared. I will listen on the radio but have no interest in coming. I am sure there are scores of folks like me. For me its not just about winning, but we don't seem to be making any progress.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT