ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee(10-1) @ VCU (7-3), (ASN), 6pm, Saturday, December 17, 2016

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
links to come later:

Middle Tennessee @ VCU
5:00 PM, Saturday, December 17, 2016

TV: (ASN 228, WUXP- MyTV30), Jeff McCarragher (PxP), Tim Scarborough (analyst)

- Comcast: Channel 14/1014, 228; DirecTV: Channel 30; Dish: Channel 30; AT&T U-verse: Channel 30

Radio: 97.5 FM, 102.5 FM, 1450 AM, 89.5 FM, 100.5 FM, 101.9 FM

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Rosters: Rams / Raiders

warren nolan live rpi: MT #7 / VCU # 48

Live-RPI.com: MT #6 / VCU # 48

Sagarin: MT #56 / VCU #58

Pomeroy: MT #65 / VCU #50

KPI: MT #13 / VCU #58

VCU Game Notes

Video streaming

Last edited:
We should have a good amount of fans at the VCU game. I have at least 4 family friends going to the game ... MT alums in the Richmond area, wish I could go too ...

Expect for it to go down even more. Betters will pound MT here as the under dog (could be a kiss of death).

Going to be a great game here. I will be elated if our guys can pull through but it seems we can never get over that hump to crack the top 25. we'll see i guess

I was not impressed with any of VCU's post players. They're all pretty lean and have good moves, but I think Evan Bradds is better than all of them put together. That said, they're all theoretically capable of one of those breakout games so we will have to continue the good inside defense as I expect we will.

excerpt:

...The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will try to add another notch to their belt when they visit the VCU Rams on Saturday evening.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders will look to build on their impressive 10-1 start when they face VCU. MTSU made it 8 in a row with an impressive 79-66 road victory over Belmont. Reggie Upshaw led the way with 21 points on 8 of 13 from the floor while leading scorer JaCorey Williams finished in 2nd with 18 points and 11 rebounds for his 3rd double-double of the year. Giddy Potts came right behind in 3rd with 17 points and Antwain Johnson contributed 10 points to the cause. Williams leads the team with an average of 18.9 points per game, while Reggie Upshaw leads MTSU with averages of 6.7 rebounds and 3.9 assists per game. As a team, Middle Tennessee is scoring 75.7 points per game on 49.2% from the field, 37.2% from behind the arc and 63.3% from the foul line.

The VCU Rams Will be looking for their 5th win in 7 games when they host the Blue Raiders. VCU snapped a mini 2-game slide with a nail biting 67-64 victory over Old Dominion. Leading scorer JeQuan Lewis was one of just two Rams who hit double figures scoring in the win. The other was De’Riante Jenkins who pitched in 11 of his own in addition to 6 rebounds. Mo Alie-Cox and Justin Tillman each pulled down 8 boards in the win, however it was Alie-Cox who also added 4 blocks to his line. JeQuan Lewis leads the Rams with 14.9 points and 4.4 assists per game while Alie-Cox is leading VCU with 4.4 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game. As a team, VCU is scoring 71.5 points on 47% from the field, 36.4% from behind the arc and 70.1% from the foul line.

Middle Tennessee is 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games overall and 5-0 ATS in their last 5 non-conference games while the under is 7-1 in their last 8 games following a win. VCU is 7-1 ATS in their last 8 vs. C-USA and 1-5 ATS in their last 6 home games while the over is 5-1 in their last 6 overall.

VCU is a tough out at home because of their phenomenal defense, however there is no looking past the Blue Raiders’ impressive start.....

Somebody needs to tell the ASN guys t he abbreviation for Arkansas is not " AK"! I don't think we got Dixon out of Alaska.

Well this isn't going to end well. We are folding like a cheap tent. Look for every other team to just pressure the crap out of us since we clearly have no plan against it.

can someone explain how that was a blocking foul? Reggie was 100% standing still holding his ground and wasn't in the circle
Missed call.

Raiders were down 21-10 but finished the half outscoring VCU by 10 (27-17 run) to make it 38-37 at halftime. We're chipping away at VCU both on offense and defense and they look to be tiring a bit. I think we continue our slow eat away at the Rams in the 2nd... knock on wood

I think this is exactly the type of game we want to be playing... lowish scoring, not too fast up and down the court... patient. We will win!

It should have been a charge actually...but these refs are clearly blind. Reggie was literally doing the mannequin challenge out there and still was called for the foul. I would have thrown a F'ing chair on the court if I were Kermit because it was such an obvious missed call.

some of the worst officiating (both ways) i have ever seen

jacorey williams couldnt hit a basket if mother earth herself depended on it tonight

Upshaw, Potts, and Dixon can only do so much. Jesus. Of the 51 points we have scored so far, they have accounted for 43 of them. The rest of the team has scored a whopping 8 points. If we lose tonight, that's the reason why. Can't expect those 3 to score every freakin' point.

Jacorey williams needs to sit for the rest of the game the guy clearly just isnt there mentally tonight

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT