ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (7-4, 4-3) vs FAU (3-8, 2-5)(Senior Day)(BeIN), 4:30PM, Saturday, November 26, 2016

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

Florida Atlantic University
Founded: 1961 Enrollment: 30,808 Undergrad 24,687 Postgrad 5,460
Acceptance rate:
Colors:
FAU Blue & FAU Red Nickname: Owls Mascot: Owlsley the Owl
Fight song: Fight song
Series: MT leads 10-3
Stadium: FAU Stadium (capacity 29,419), 777 Glades Road Boca Raton, Florida
Head Coach: Charlie Patridge (Drake, 1995) Record at FAU: 6-18 (3rd)
2015 Record: 3-9 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 18/10 Lettermen R/L: 73/13

Weather Forecast: Sunny, 57°

Where:
Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies: All bags 14-by-14-by-10 inches and smaller will be allowed into the stadium, and every bag will be checked before patrons are allowed to enter. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Television: BEIN Sports - Comcast: Channel 708, DirecTV: Channel 620, Dish: Channel 392, AT&T U-verse: Channel 662

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), (TuneIn app)

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Sidearm

Newspapers: Sun Sentinel, , , ,

Message Boards: FAU Owls Nest,

Blogs: SaintPetersBlog,

Athletic site:
FAUsports.com, goblueraiders.com, gameday central

Media Guides:
FAU, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: FAU 2016 SBNation Preview, 2016 CUSA Football Preview: FAU Owls, UTSA 2016 Sports Chat Place College Football Preview, Owls (Orlando Sentinel #87), Middle Tennessee 2016 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #63), Middle Tennessee 2016 Season Preview

Game Notes:
FAU game notes, Conference USA Notes, MT game notes

Game Previews: , ,

Roster: Owls, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @FAUOwlAthletics, @FAU_Football, @FloridaAtlantic, @TheOwlsNest_ITB, , ,,,,,,

Hashtags:
#FAU, #WinToday, #Owlin, ,,,, #BlueRaiders, #MTvsFAU, ,, #TrueBlue,

Facebook: ,,,,,

Youtube: ,,,

Instagram: ,

Last edited:
It does kind of suck fans have to choose between this and the Basketball game in Nashville. A 430 start in November?? Probably TV related but it still sucks. You probably could get the first half in and make the BBall game and choke down concession food.

Gameday Timeline

Raider Walk: 2:15 p.m.

Raider Town Opens: 2:30 p.m. (Gate 3)

Lightning’s Locker Room Opens: 2:30 p.m.

Gates Open: 3:00 p.m.

Senior Day Ceremony: 4:05 p.m.

Cx92kKPXAAMW_-k.jpg

Last edited:
excerpt:

...The Florida Atlantic Owls shoot for the upset of the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders in college football on Saturday.

The Florida Atlantic Owls are not close to reaching the postseason at 3-8 but they can blame that on all the one possession games they lost. That wasn’t the case in week 12 where the Owls were defeated 42-24 by visiting Old Dominion where they were outgained 623-363 and outscored in the second half 29-3. FAU quarterback Jason Driskel connected on 15-27 for 219 yards but didn’t find the endzone with leading receiver Kalib Woods hauling in seven receptions for 120 yards. Deviin Singletary gave Florida Atlantic a little punch on the ground with 89 yards and a pair of touchdowns on 17 carries while Greg Howell added 54 yards and a score on 13 totes.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders are going to a Bowl and the more wins, the better the Bowl so Saturday’s bout with Florida Atlantic is important. The Blue Raiders come off a 38-31 victory at Charlotte as a 6.5 point favorite in a back and forth contest that saw MTSU win the battle for yards 471-403 but also turn the ball over twice. Blue Raiders quarterback John Urzua completed 26-44 for 250 yards with four touchdowns and a pair of interceptions with top receiving targets Richie James and Ty Lee combine for 165 yards and a score each on 13 receptions. I’Tavius Mathers paced Middle Tennessee on the ground with 101 yards on 16 carries while Lee and James combined for 129 yards on eight touches.

Florida Atlantic are 0-4 ATS vs. a team with a winning record and the over is 4-0 in Florida Atlantic last 4 games in November while the under is 4-0 in Florida Atlantic last 4 road games vs. a team with a winning home record. The over is 5-0 in Middle Tennessee last 5 games following a ATS win and the over is 4-0 in Middle Tennessee last 4 games on turf while the over is 6-1 in Middle Tennessee last 7 games following a straight up win. Florida Atlantic are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 meetings and the favorite is 5-1 ATS in their last 6 meetings while the road team is 4-1 ATS in their last 5 meetings....

Out of town and don't have BeIN sports. Did we really return 3 kickoffs for touchdowns in the first half?

Richie James was fantastic tonight... 403 yards of offense doing it all as the wild "Raider" QB... ~200 rushing, ~150 receiving, ~50 passing... dang what a performance. As well as our offense played, our defense was nearly that BAD. Yikes... someone better be fired at the end of the year. This is just pathetic! We could have been 12-0 if we had a defense worth a crap. This game was I think the first home game where our defenders put their hands up when FAU passed the ball tho that wasn't all game -- and hey, it worked, because DJ Sanders got a pick six from the FAU QB's face.

It was so exciting to see us play like that on offense. Anyone who didn't go missed a great performance of team football on offense... and plenty to criticize on defense. :/

But it was a school record for points - beating the total set in 1929 (IIRC) vs North Alabama!! 77 is a new high... congrats to the team

Reactions: C-Bow
Halftime of Senior Day at good 'ol Middle. Might even challenge the 4,117 who showed up for ECU in Tommy West's last year at Memphis. I can only imagine what visiting recruits thought.

FQC9NRG.jpg

Halftime of Senior Day at good 'ol Middle. Might even challenge the 4,117 who showed up for ECU in Tommy West's last year at Memphis. I can only imagine what visiting recruits thought.

FQC9NRG.jpg
don't think i've ever seen the stadium this empty. hopefully that sends a clear message to Massaro (doubtful but hopeful)

Reactions: FranklinRaider315
Well, not happy with the turnout for the gamebut it was better than that photo, 'apparently' taken at the end of the halftime. About the end of the first quarter, I turned to a friend and said to her that the turnout was better than I had expected (I estimated about 7500 to 8000, mostly on the home side, at the high point). At halftime, MT was up 21 points, and even to the diehards that had turned out that might have been enough to feel the game was well in hand and decided to get in out of the cold. We, ourselves, had put markers out that if MT reached a certain point total, we would think about getting out of the cold. We kept pushing the markers back, even at a 28 point margin, because we did not trust our D to get any stops against FAU's scoring offense, what was ranked #103 in the nation going into the game. We ended up staying through the entire game and glad we did. Saw an extraordinary effort by the offense as a whole, and, what will be legendary someday, individual performances.

Later last night I saw some photos of other program's stadiums from yesterday's actions. SMU, Stanford, imediately come to mind. They were pretty weak as well.

Still, Massaro can not be happy, and I hope some changes are on the way.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT