ADVERTISEMENT

UNIVERSITY NEWS McPhee's salary ranks third among Tennessee university presidents

This does not include all the free all expense paid vacations to Hawaii, Bahamas where 99.9% of the fans could not go or to China for who knows what.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Academia has become big big business and the salaries of the presidents is one indicator as to why inflation on tuition has gone through the roof. This isn't singling out Sydnee but him and every other president on the list.

This does not include all the free all expense paid vacations to Hawaii, Bahamas where 99.9% of the fans could not go or to China for who knows what.

Don't get me started on the MTSU bowl coalition where the destination is highly favorable to Cope dignitaries. My message to those at Cope (or wherever the exec team sits) and Murphy Center is to pick a bowl stateside or at least call it what it is ... a free vacation where the average fan is not invited. But make sure you buy tickets and donate them. Yeah right.

Certainly, not overpaid, when you also include the house. I don't think the salary is out of line. I am hoping the new board will eventually demand more accountability. As the enrollment has shrunk, I'd be surprised if the university bureaucracy has been cut back or the nonsense of certain programs/offerings, that do nothing to prepare students to function in a real world, reduced.

I have no problem with the salary, but I think its time to demand increased accountability for his leadership at MT. So far, I've been impressed with the new MT BoT and look forward to seeing their vision

If I ever get around to doing my EdD in Higher Ed Administration, I'd love to do a case study on the transition from the Board of Regents system to independent Board of Trustees.

Certainly, not overpaid, when you also include the house. I don't think the salary is out of line. I am hoping the new board will eventually demand more accountability. As the enrollment has shrunk, I'd be surprised if the university bureaucracy has been cut back or the nonsense of certain programs/offerings, that do nothing to prepare students to function in a real world, reduced.

Also included is maid service because "Liz" does not clean or cook. Yard work done by the grounds workers. I wonder who pays for their food because I was told it's all organic. Pretty good gig if you can get it.

I believe North Texas presidential salary is around 505k. I don't know if salaries are commensurate or not...I will have to say that the growth and facility improvements have been nice but I don't know if this is due to leadership or timing of growth in the area and school interest. It is nice that MT has been growing since I was a kid. Numbers may have dropped but it still is a great school with a nice location.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT