ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (1-5, 0-2) vs LaTech (3-4, 2-1), CBSSN, 6PM, Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Good win. A win is a win. But there are still major major issues.

Meanwhile, the team that beat us last week is losing to Liberty 30-13. Liberty is absolutely going to mop the floor with us next week. Especially being in Lynchburg.

Jacksonville State has a great crowd tonight. They & Liberty will undoubtedly lead CUSA in home attendance.
I highly doubt they will be the top. UTEP had some big numbers early in the season that will carry them. JSU and Liberty both have pretty small capacities (24 and 25k, which is what we should be imo).

If I were Vatiatto at the end of the season, I'd tell Stock fix the OL or I'm gone. Probably wouldn't work as stubborn as Stock has shown to be, but still.

I listened to Chip/Joe last night as we were out and about. Even Joe was fussing that V had zero time for a three step drop and often ran for his life. Him being mobile and not a true pocket passer is what makes him work with this OL. The dude would never get called for intentional grounding since he is out of the tackle box on almost every play. A true pocket passer for us would be a disaster.

Reactions: MTFAN61
Nick is a bad ass. He has fairly good arm strength and his accuracy is sick. He made one bad throw last night when he overthrew a seam route (which was blessing in disguise because it was a bad read). He's completing 69% of his passes with no time to throw.

Remember when I said at the beginning of the year that he would be the highest rated QB here on par with Brent IF the OL protected him? Well, they haven't. Might be the worst OL play we've seen and he's still putting up decent numbers.

Overall a better effort. Too late to salvage anything worthwhile from the season (not to late to hit the 6-win goal though), but always nice to beat LaTech.

Not sure we've learned anything other than we ran into a team who is a little more terrible than we are.

LT is actually a decent team. If Bachman would have started, we lose that game. He picked us apart once he got in after that last turnover they had. They have real talent at LT. I think their coach crapped the bed last night.
What really pissed me off was Stock not taking his last timeout before the half and forcing LT to punt. That was potential free money on the table that you leave out there just to get into the locker room.

20 seconds left and we'd get the ball mid field to take a shot or get into FG range or we could have blocked it. Who knows? Not even trying sends a message I believe and he's done stuff like that his entire career.

I lost money last night for the first time but it was only $200.00. Still way up for the season.

Reactions: ewglenn
LT is actually a decent team. If Bachman would have started, we lose that game. He picked us apart once he got in after that last turnover they had. They have real talent at LT. I think their coach crapped the bed last night.
What really pissed me off was Stock not taking his last timeout before the half and forcing LT to punt. That was potential free money on the table that you leave out there just to get into the locker room.

20 seconds left and we'd get the ball mid field to take a shot or get into FG range or we could have blocked it. Who knows? Not even trying sends a message I believe and he's done stuff like that his entire career.

I lost money last night for the first time but it was only $200.00. Still way up for the season.
I told my buddy the same thing. hell, they could have a bad snap over the punter's head! At least make them kick it and auto fair catch, if you want to be safe.

I totally forgot we even had a national televised game last night. It was not until the last minute of the 4th did I learn it was even on. That's how checked out I am for this year.

• Sad
Reactions: Hop45
I totally forgot we even had a national televised game last night. It was not until the last minute of the 4th did I learn it was even on. That's how checked out I am for this year.

I didn't watch, thus I have no comment on the game.

I have zero interest since we are out of the championship race. I was torn on if I even wanted them to win another game. I did think they would win though, and made a cool $100 off MT -3 at even money.

Truthfully though, 0'fer against FBS teams and a 1-11 season is probably better for the program in the long run versus another 6-6 or 5-7 finish. The only way we are going to wash our hands of Stockstill is multiple, consecutive, disastrous seasons. And Rick knows it, thus the massive fight to finish with 6 wins begins.

Now that all the fans have been run off, we are out of the championship race, the team will start playing better. Expecting a tight one at Liberty.

I feel the same way. They are going to rattle off some wins and finish somewhere between 4-8 and 6-6. My guess is 5-7. I’m just hoping we don’t limp into a bowl game and auto extend again. We need losing seasons if there is ever going to be a chance to move on from Rick.

Reactions: RaiderDeez
I feel the same way. They are going to rattle off some wins and finish somewhere between 4-8 and 6-6. My guess is 5-7. I’m just hoping we don’t limp into a bowl game and auto extend again. We need losing seasons if there is ever going to be a chance to move on from Rick.

Stockstill's a cancer on the program.

The only way to get healthy again will be to essentially have him removed from the program, and the only way to do that will be to lose enough that it becomes untenable (if there's even a point where M&M would act). That's going to suck, and it's going to be painful, but it's the only way to get this program back to where it needs to be.

I have a hard time actually rooting against the team when I'm watching them, but at this point, it wouldn't bother me if they just cratered.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT