ADVERTISEMENT

Blitz

Wonder if they will record the final Q&A at the brewery like they did last year? With all the G5 mess going on it would be a good chance.

I understand with CRI launching his career out of Shelbyville but, the obvious snub of Williamson County brings back memories of McCluney killing the BRAA Temple Hills Golf Event. And they wonder why Franklin, Brentwood don’t turn out when they scheduled the previous Blitz in Downtown Franklin during the mid-week lunch hour at a venue that holds fewer than 75 people. But that’s how they roll.

As of July 2022….of 114,906 TN alumni by County:
Rutherford - 32,501 / 28.2%
Davidson - 19,339 / 16.8%
Williamson - 10,029 / 8.7%
Coffee - 3,329 / 2.9%
Bedford - 2,725 / 2.3%

Link: Tracking the MTSU Alumni Base

I wonder why they chose to exclude Williamson County. That’s a big group of alumni to avoid the area. It seems like it would make a lot of sense to offer one there when people could attend.

I wonder why they chose to exclude Williamson County. That’s a big group of alumni to avoid the area. It seems like it would make a lot of sense to offer one there when people could attend.
Boggles the mind. I attended a blitz several years ago at Drakes in Franklin that was extremely well attended.

Reactions: ewglenn
It's not like there's not time enough later in the summer to cover the county next door, did I miss where that's all the events? Patience.

It's not like there's not time enough later in the summer to cover the county next door, did I miss where that's all the events? Patience.
I am going to inquire about a later date. This is normally in July, but they decided to move it to the end of May. I'll let you know when i find out.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Yeah I was a little caught off guard by the timing. I wonder if it has to do with ticket sales and they want to get out earlier. I went to the event last year in Manchester and there weren’t a lot of people there. It was pretty much a bunch of staffers and like 10-15 fans. The funny part is pretty much no one talked with us outside of Rick. Seemed like they missed the mark on that one pretty big.

I remember several decades ago, when I took in two events, one back in the early 90s when Boots visited Fayetteville, home to then QB Kelly Holcomb, and it was very well attended for a small town, and then several years later in Huntsville at the Space and Rocket Center that had a large turnout in mccollum's tenure that had several coaches and President Walker. Not sure if the university can recapture the excitement that was around the program and university after so long.

Big group with generally quite a bit of donation potential. Richest county in the state.

It could come down to ROI. Yes, there are a lot of potential donors, but if no one shows up, then it's hard to justify going back there.

I saw somewhere that fewer than a handful (less than 5) people showed up who were not with the athletic department last year. That is unacceptable.

This is why Hans and team are working tirelessly to build our donor base so that we can have more people and new people show up.

It could come down to ROI. Yes, there are a lot of potential donors, but if no one shows up, then it's hard to justify going back there.

I saw somewhere that fewer than a handful (less than 5) people showed up who were not with the athletic department last year. That is unacceptable.

This is why Hans and team are working tirelessly to build our donor base so that we can have more people and new people show up.
I would think the Coach Mason hire might have some appeal/pull since I would suspect the former vandy connections might increase the attraction of an event over there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT