ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Bowling Green, ESPN3 (FAMILY/HALL OF FAME), 6:00PM, Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

parking-services-w_n4v8598_mini.jpg

Bowling Green State University
Founded: 1910 Enrollment: 16,912 (2015) Acceptance rate: 53.4% (2014)
Colors: Brown and Orange Nickname: Falcons Mascot Freddie and Frieda Falcon
Fight song "Forward Falcons" & "Ay Ziggy Zoomba"
Series:
First Meeting
Stadium: Doyt L. Perry Stadium, (capacity 24,000)
Head Coach: Mike Jinks (Angelo State, 1994) Record at BGSU: 4-8 (2nd) Overall: Same 2016 Record: 4-8 (3-5) 2016 Bowl: None
Starters Ret./Lost: 12/10 Lettermen R/L: 43/15

Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny/Clear, 82/87, 10%, 64% humidity, ENE 5mph

Where: Johnny Red Floyd Stadium, Capacity (30,788), 1500 Greenland Drive, Murfreesboro, TN 37130

Stadium Policies: All bags will be checked prior to stadium entrance. Bags 24"-by-24"-by-24" inches and smallerwill be allowed into the stadium. There will also be separate lines for those without bags.

Television: ESPN3

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Wes Counts, WMOT FM 89.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS AM 1450 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 100.5 (Murfreesboro), WGNS FM 101.9 (Murfreesboro), WPRT FM 102.5 (Nashville), National: Sirius: 118, XM: 203, TuneIn App: Search Middle Tennessee

Streaming: Audio, Video (ESPN3)

Live Stats: LIVE STATS

Newspapers: Sentinel Tribune, Toledo Blade, BG Falcon Media, , , ,

Message Boards: Ay-Ziggy-Zoomba.com,

Blogs: Falcon Blog (Orange and Brown), Hustle Belt, ,

Athletic site:
bgsufalcons.com, GoBlueRaiders.com, Game Day Central

Media Guides:
Bowling Green State, Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: Bowling Green State 2017 SBNation Preview, Bowling Green (Orlando Sentinel #104), Middle Tennessee 2017 SBNation Preview, Middle Tennessee (Orlando Sentinel #73),

Game Notes:
BGSU Notes, MT GAME NOTES

Roster: Falcons, Blue Raiders

Game Previews:
Hustlebelt: Bowling Green Falcons at Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders,
WHAT TO WATCH FOR AGAINST BOWLING GREEN

Twitter: @BGathletics, @BG_Football, @CoachJinksBGSU, @JordanStrack, @Coach_MBrock, @Bgsufalconclub, @BGScreechTeam, @BGSUfsp, , , , , , , , ,

Hashtags:
#AyZiggy, #BlueRaiders, #MTvsBG, #BeatBG,

Facebook:
BGSUAthletics, BGSUFootball

Youtube: FalconAthletics,

Instagram:
bgfalcons,

2016 Game Thread: Middle Tennessee @ Bowling Green State (ASN/ESPN3), 11AM CT, Saturday, September 17, 2016

Last edited:
One of my work colleagues is also a C-USA head referee who happened to be the man assigned to work that game last year. He said it was miserable.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
excerpt:

...The Bowling Green Falcons will travel to Floyd Stadium to take on the Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders this Saturday night in College Football action.

The Bowling Green Falcons dropped to 0-3 on the season after losing to the Northwestern Wildcats 49-7, this past Saturday. Bowling Green had the game tied at 7-7 with 3:09 left in the 1st quarter, however, allowed Northeastern to pull away in the 2nd quarter and couldn’t fight back after training by a 35-7 margin at halftime. The Falcons were outgained by Northwestern by a 678-352 margin and won the turnover battle by a 2-1 difference. Leading the way for the Falcons was RB Josh Cleveland who rushed for 54 yards on 12 carries and 1 TD. On the season, Bowling Green is averaging 14.7 ppg on 345.3 total yards per game (237.3 passing yds/g; 108.0 rushing yds/g). Offensively, the Falcons are led by QB James Morgan who has completed 42.5 % of his passes on the season for 2 TD and 2 INT while averaging 207.3 yds/g. Bowling Green's primary passing targets are Datrin Guyton (3.3 rec/g, 81.7 yds/g), Scott Miller (3.7 rec/g, 40.3 yds/g, TD) and Teo Redding (3.3 rec/g, 37.3 yds/g, TD). Leading the way for the Bowling Green backfield is RB Josh Cleveland who had a TD on the season while averaging 10.0 att/g on 52.3 yds/g. Defensively, the Falcons are allowing their opponents to average of 39.7 ppg on 554.3 total yards per game (310.3 passing yds/g; 244.0 rushing yds/g). Bowling Green has forced 6 turnovers on the season and have an overall turnover margin of +1.

The Middle Tennessee Blue Raiders dropped to 1-2 on the season after losing to the Minnesota Golden Golfers, 34-3, this past Saturday. The Blue Raiders couldn’t get anything going on the offensive end throughout the entire game and didn’t put up much of a challenge after falling behind by a 20-3 margin at halftime. Middle Tennesse was outgained by Minnesota by a 343-230 margin and lost the turnover battle by a 2-0 margin. Leading the way for the Blue Raiders was QB John Urzua who stepped in for starting QB Brent Stockstill who was out due to a shoulder injury and completed 19 of 34 passes for 135 yards and 2 INT. On the season, Middle Tennesse is averaging 13.0 ppg on 269.3 total yards per game (206.3 passing yds/g; 63.0 rushing yds/g). Offensively, the Blue Raiders are led by QB Brent Stockstill who has completed 59.7% of his passes for 4 TD and 2 INT while averaging 217.5 passing yds/g. The main targets for Stockstill and the Blue Raiders in the passing game have been WR Richie James (6.3 rec/g, 68.7 yds/g, 2 TD) and Ty Lee (4.3 rec/g, 37.0 yds/g, TD). Leading the way for the Middle Tennessee backfield has been WR Ty Lee (9.0 att/g, 20.0 yds/g, TD) and RB Maurice Gordon (7.0 att/g, 26.0 yds/g). Defensively, the Blue Raiders are holding their opponents to 28.3 ppg on 339.3 total yards per game (200.0 passing yds/g; 139.3 rushing yds/g). Middle Tennessee has forced only 2 turnovers on the season and currently has an overall turnover margin of –4.

The Falcons are 1-4 ATS vs. a team with a losing record and 0-8 ATS in their last 8 non-conference games. The Blue Raiders are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games following a straight up loss however, just 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games vs. MAC opponents.

Bowling Green has a faced a tough schedule to start the season which included road games against Michigan State and Northwestern and have struggled on the offensive end as they rank just 120th in scoring offense. Middle Tennessee has also had some tough road matchups at Vanderbilt and Minnesota, however, the Blue Raiders should still be one of the better teams in C-USA this season led by QB Brent Stockstill and WR Richie James. As Stockstill’s status is still uncertain for this one, this game has yet to be lined.....

Hoping James is OK for this Saturday, he is our X factor. I am pretty sure Stock isn't gonna play so we need him back...

Nice stats from our D - after 3 power 5 teams, only giving up 339 yds per game. Due to all the Offense turnovers, the PPG is 28, which isn't too bad based on the competition. We are -4 on TO margin, need to clean this up.

While I believe we should be able to handle BGSU, without our QB this becomes a 50-50 game. Both teams are desperate for a win, I bet this will be a good game.

I feel like MT should win this game.....

Then again BGSU lost to Mich State, Northwestern, and undefeated D2 south dakota so not sure how to feel without brent and possibly richie....

Reactions: SpaceRaider
Yes, BG has played 2 tough games vs. Northwestern and MSU so it's hard to know how good or bad they are. However, their D is not good. They have already given up nearly 1700 yards. Our D is about 700 yards better than them at this point. Their O isn't much better and we should contain them.

This game is now about us. What do we want? I think we will run the ball a bit more. I think the pass will open up more and I hope Banks will play more. I pray that he will. Of the 2, Banks is our best option to be dynamic.

Frankly, I am looking forward to seeing some players step up...I think Urzua plays much better, he will start...while I liked what Banks did, he was playing after the game was decided.

Bowling Green is very capable of winning this game if we half ass it with Urzua and James out. Mark my words.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd take BG and the points all day long if I was a betting man.

As much as I hate to say it, I'd take BG and the points all day long if I was a betting man.

This sets up to be like 2002 when MT started off the season with Alabama, ut-k, and kentucky on the road then returned home to play semo (not comparing BG to semo, except both are not P5 programs) and proceded to stink it up and lose.

This sets up to be like 2002 when MT started off the season with Alabama, ut-k, and kentucky on the road then returned home to play semo (not comparing BG to semo, except both are not P5 programs) and proceded to stink it up and lose.

Kind of, at least there will not be 25K to see it like that night.

I actually think we will play better, I don't know why, but that is what I am feeling

With all due respect to Urzua, we won't win with him. Need to give Banks the keys and let him drive the rest of the season.

If we win this game, I have a feeling our defense or special teams will have to get a touchdown or two.

Reactions: MT Glenn
We are against a team that is hungry for a win. Our defense is tough. I hope we can score more than 3 points.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT