ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee vs Bowling Green, ESPN3 (FAMILY/HALL OF FAME), 6:00PM, Saturday, Sept. 23, 2017

I would be okay with the conservation last series based on where we took over the ball & we get the ball to open the 2nd half. But once we moved the ball, you might as well go for it - I don't get what we were thinking once we got out to the 40.

Urzua has been almost perfect other than the pick. We need the defense to be more consistent - 1 great play followed by a busted coverage.

Just got back...glad we won, should not have been close but, but, the D played great. The offense was better and I like Bruce at RB, he showed some wiggle and hit the hole with authority.

QB played better other than the turnovers, we really need to clean this up, starting with FAU.

Reactions: C-Bow
Blue Raiders earned their stripes tonight with the 24-13 win. Urzua played well and was pleased at his game management skills. The running game was adequate, but not strong. The defense will win us games this year, but we are still not at championship level yet. Game gets a solid "B" grade all around. Way to go, Blue Raiders!!!

The 3 turnovers drove me nuts. We have talent. That isn't the problem. Ball control and discipline is. I loved the longer drives and possession time tonight. Had we not turned it over, we would have won by 28.

Our D is fun to watch. We weren't perfect and gave up some big passes but our run D allowed only 1 yard. Yup, that is the real stat. 1 yard. That's pretty dang awesome. They put almost 100 rushing yards vs, Northwestern and 67 vs. Michigan State. We went after the QB and we will go after FAU. I love that too.

FAU ran a lot tonight but we won't let them run that much on us. The run game is all they can really do right now. They threw for 150 and Driskel is their guy at the moment. If we lock down the run, we should beat them.

BTW, LSU allowed Syracuse to score more points and gain more yards than we did. :)

It was sloppy tonight but 2-2 is a lot better than 1-3.

This was a game MT needed to win - even with the injuries to Stock and James. Props to Stock and Co. for coming up with the W despite the best offensive weapons sitting on the sidelines

About that defense...

Currently, we are ranked 24th in the nation in stopping the run. What a difference. The Marshall game is setting up to be a war. If we beat FAU, it's gonna be us, Marshall, WKU and ODU for the east. Marshall is playing ODU in 2 weeks so that will cancel out one of them. ODU plays WKU the same night we play Marshall.

By Oct. 21st, it's gonna be a 2 team race.

It feels good to have a stout defense. I like he's playing the younger guys and they are responding.
Yes this D has and will win us some games.
I'm still hesitant about our offense. We were playing a terrible defense and scored 24 points. Urzua did play better and I liked Bruce at rb.
Need to cut out the turn overs and get the offense rolling.

It feels good to have a stout defense. I like he's playing the younger guys and they are responding.
Yes this D has and will win us some games.
I'm still hesitant about our offense. We were playing a terrible defense and scored 24 points. Urzua did play better and I liked Bruce at rb.
Need to cut out the turn overs and get the offense rolling.

We cut down on the turnovers and we will be fine...our coaches played the 2nd half very conservative due to turnovers. On the flip side, I love our D but we need them to create more turnovers as well - I think they are close.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT