ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee vs Bethune Cookman, 6PM Friday, November 12, 2021

We are favored by 12.5. This should be a comfortable win. This is a bad team we are playing.

A surprisingly good win against a bad team. 20 point margin was above the line.

At this point, a win is a win. Early ones like this help build team morale and comradery which sometimes can help pull out wins against teams we really shouldn't beat. I'll take it for sure.

Reactions: ewglenn
Did anybody see it? Do we have anything?
I watched. It is tough to tell, but I do think we have a much improved team. We press most the game and can go 10-11 deep. Still have some dumb decisions and players not playing with the offense. Defensive intensity is much higher and we were pressing/trapping most the game. Some things need to be cleaned up, but there is potential. Lenard is best freshman Nick has recruited from what I have seen so far. I think we will have a better idea after Tuesday. I do think Dish looks more athletic than past couple years and King seems to be improved. He has a nice shot from 3. Weston handles point well off the bench too. This could be Nick’s best team, but that does not necessarily mean it is a very good team.

Did anybody see it? Do we have anything?

Sticking with my prediction. .500 season with a first or second round tournament exit.

we have length and good defense in spurts. Have to get more consistent. Some of the new comers are pretty good. Teafale Leonard is going to be a good player for us. Isaiah Turner can play as well. We have lots of length and much more post presence now even with Coleman-jones out. Guard play still looks questionable to me and will be our weakness I believe. Sims just isn’t that great and Jefferson is about average. Losing jalen Jordan for the season really hurt.

Reactions: MTsumner92
Still too hard to tell but I'm liking the defense. We held them to 51 and the first opponent to less I think. It's what you want from the D.

Did anyone else have trouble streaming the audio last night. goblueraiders.com lists the WGNS stations (knowing on a Friday night they would have a high school FB game as long as any Rutherford Co. team is playing), 94.9 and 95.1. Most games last year I could stream through 94.9 even though they are inconsistent in starting on time and often the pre and post game shows are not on. I can't find a way to stream 95.1?
Last night my plan was to watch the ladies on ESPN+ and stream the men's game. It was deep into the first half before 94.9 started streaming the game.
Although goblueraiders.com had an icon to stream each of the games the icon for the men's stream went to the women's game. Who is in charge of the damn athletic dept. media?

ALL THIS WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM IF THE GAMES WERE STILL ON 89.5!!! On second thought it would have been a problem listening to the men on 89.5 since once Insell came in as coach the women's games took priority on 89.5 so his Shelbyville fans could listen. Topic for another time.

Can any posters tell me how they were able to listen to the men's game including the pre-game? Thanks

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I watched and l listened to the men’s game on conference USA TV. It was free last night.

The Blue Raiders MBB is 2-0!!
I don’t know how much talent was left at Winthrop by Kelsey after he left for C of C but I have a feeling we’ll find out pretty quickly on Tuesday night. Go Blue!
Winthrop is the most talented team in the Big South. They should be at least top three. A win against them and I’ll start believing that this team may be legit. They bring in four talented transfers so they might not be fluid yet. They had a good amount of returning young talent. Overall a good team that would win a lot of games against CUSA competition.

Did anyone else have trouble streaming the audio last night. goblueraiders.com lists the WGNS stations (knowing on a Friday night they would have a high school FB game as long as any Rutherford Co. team is playing), 94.9 and 95.1. Most games last year I could stream through 94.9 even though they are inconsistent in starting on time and often the pre and post game shows are not on. I can't find a way to stream 95.1?
Last night my plan was to watch the ladies on ESPN+ and stream the men's game. It was deep into the first half before 94.9 started streaming the game.
Although goblueraiders.com had an icon to stream each of the games the icon for the men's stream went to the women's game. Who is in charge of the damn athletic dept. media?

ALL THIS WOULDN'T BE A PROBLEM IF THE GAMES WERE STILL ON 89.5!!! On second thought it would have been a problem listening to the men on 89.5 since once Insell came in as coach the women's games took priority on 89.5 so his Shelbyville fans could listen. Topic for another time.

Can any posters tell me how they were able to listen to the men's game including the pre-game? Thanks
I had the same problem.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT