ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (6-4; 3-3) @ Charlotte (4-6; 3-3) (ESPN3), 1PM, Saturday, November 19, 2016

Well, a win is a win. Defense did look better than they have been, however Charlotte is a pretty crappy team. I guess this officially gets us in a bowl.

My heart just about stopped watching this game. I felt too much confidence after having that 24-6 and 31-13 leads. That fourth quarter was awful (I agree coach we're inconsistent). Punting and special teams...UGH!! We almost successfully gave this game away. Did make to seven wins...I'll take it!

Be glad you stopped watching before seeing the Charlotte guy's life get ruined. Literally.

The one game I sit down to watch this season and a kid gets paralyzed from the waist down (as far as anyone can tell). And MT is gonna lose too, not that it compares in any way.

Unfortunately I turned it back onand saw that play. I thought the same thing. Never saw his legs move the entire time he was on the ground. Hopefully just something temporary. Thoughts and prayers to him.

Maintaining that mediocrity. Won't be any staff changes now.

Say what you will about the D but our O screwed us over in 2nd half. Until Ty Lee, we were doing nothing and actually gave up 7 points with that pick on our own10 yard line. Bad play calls by TF when we should have ran.

Our D came to play today against a team that beat the team that killed us last week. They were on the field about the entire 2nd half thanks to our O.

Rant over. Glad we won. Hoping for a win next week.

Say what you will about the D but our O screwed us over in 2nd half. Until Ty Lee, we were doing nothing and actually gave up 7 points with that pick on our own10 yard line. Bad play calls by TF when we should have ran.

Our D came to play today against a team that beat the team that killed us last week. They were on the field about the entire 2nd half thanks to our O.

Rant over. Glad we won. Hoping for a win next week.
I agree. We should have score over 50 points. The offense was not efficient. And Uruza was hot early but really cooled off. The D did their part, they were constantly in bad field position because of the O. The penalties also killed us. But we won!

Decided to check score just now. We won. It's like November 4th all over again.

More meaningless November wins when nobody is watching. Nobody cares about games against Charlotte and FAU in November. People care about winning conference championships and beating local rivals like WKU & Vanderbilt.

I guess I'm supposed to be happy that we'll for sure be getting our @$$ kicked in a bowl game now. Oh joy.

Totally disagree with the analysis of the game posted above. Charlotte is going to win this game going away. This team has quit and even if they hadn't, they cannot stop the run if the world depended on it and that's what Charlotte does best.

Yet another meaningless game with another meaningless result.

They didn't win going away

Turned it off at halftime.

Seems like an OK win. Charlotte's a little bit better than the dregs of the conference.

I'm impressed with Urzua.

Urzua has the tools but not the instincts and intangibles. I don't think he knows how to read defenses and adjust yet and in the second half, it showed. They adjusted to him and he became a non factor after the first half. 3rd down on your own 1 yard line, you don't force a throw.

We've had worse QB's but it's a whole different team without Brent. Just not the same at all. With that being said. Urzua did do better this week than he's done so far. He'll get there. Gotta play cleaner.

Urzua has the tools but not the instincts and intangibles. I don't think he knows how to read defenses and adjust yet and in the second half, it showed. They adjusted to him and he became a non factor after the first half. 3rd down on your own 1 yard line, you don't force a throw.

We've had worse QB's but it's a whole different team without Brent. Just not the same at all. With that being said. Urzua did do better this week than he's done so far. He'll get there. Gotta play cleaner.
YEah looking at the Charlotte post game video on that pick it looks like he just threw the ball straight to defender. BRent probably would have just thrown the ball out of bounds but I guess that comes with experience

More meaningless November wins when nobody is watching. Nobody cares about games against Charlotte and FAU in November. People care about winning conference championships and beating local rivals like WKU & Vanderbilt.

I guess I'm supposed to be happy that we'll for sure be getting our @$$ kicked in a bowl game now. Oh joy.

Well sWiley, I've been reading and commenting on your post for the past 3 to 4 years. I will have to say you are consistent. I don't seem to remember you posting anything positive yet. Everything you post has a negative feel.

I can't help but think that you must be a very unhappy person in general. You probably never have anything go your way.

It would probably do you some good tonight when you go to bed to say a little prayer asking for a better day tomorrow, because you sure haven't had many lately.

Your life would be much brighter if you would learn to smile every once in a while.
Dwinns

He's just a young QB doing what young QB's do - making mistakes from time to time. He does have enough good plays to make you think he's got the tools and the tool box, he just needs to put them together. That'll come in time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT