ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Middle Tennessee (3-2) vs UIC (3-1) (Baha Mar Hoops Nassau Championship), 3:30PM, Friday, November 24, 2023

Bring back Kermit.

This.

The McDevitt experiment is officially over. His system does not work here. You cannot just recruit pure athleticism and ignore a players ability to score the ball. It's well known that many of the kids he has signed cannot score consistently, as evidenced by their JUCO/Prep numbers. And even the ones that he did sign who were decent shooters have come to MT and looked awful. Has Ty Mosley made a single 3 for us yet? He was near 50% at MVSU or wherever the hell he was at and has done F all for us....McDevitt is in way over his head. He doesn't have the chops to recruit or coach beyond the lower D1 levels.

His contract better have a viable exit path. Surely to god our admin has learned it's lesson after getting roped into tenure by Stockstill.

Last edited:
This.

The McDevitt experiment is officially over. His system does not work here. You cannot just recruit pure athleticism and ignore a players ability to score the ball. It's well known that many of the kids he has signed cannot score consistently, as evidenced by their JUCO/Prep numbers. And even the ones that he did sign who were decent shooters have come to MT and looked awful. Has Ty Mosley made a single 3 for us yet? He was near 50% at MVSU or wherever the hell he was at and has done F all for us....McDevitt is in way over his head. He doesn't have the chops to recruit or coach beyond the lower D1 levels.

His contract better have a viable exit path. Surely to god our admin has learned it's lesson after getting roped into tenure by Stockstill.

Pretty much what I said after the first season, the second, and the third. When I saw the score, I was glad I spent time with family today.

I have nothing against Nick, but our administration are frauds. The entire operation is fraudulent one, and having come to this realization years ago made me extremely sad, upset, disappointed, etc. at that time. Unfortunately, that feeling does not get better with more time of seeing the same fraud betray the alumni, fans, etc.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
Not trying to be argumentative but what talent? It appears we have a bunch of slightly below average D1 players with no stars on this team. They play hard on defense but our clueless on offense and can't shoot the ball.
Youre good, no offense taken and sorry for the late response.

I def think King, Bufford, Porter are worthy starters at the C-USA level. Johnson, Jackson, Jordan, Mosley have tools and belong on the court. I even think JCJ and Ogundele have some bright spots but i think the core of the problem is the offensive system is too dependent on the centers needing to be better than what they have available.

Watch them on offense. Everything is based on the center playing maestro at the top of the key; making option reads or dribble handoffs to the guards. It is a CNM staple. It worked with Dish because he had solid ability and good IQ. Nick wants JCJ to be that, but he just doesnt have the chops. He currently has 24 of the 96 player turnovers (25%!!) on the season. I dont even blame him at this point, I think he's simply being asked to do too much.

I think the shooting problem is simply a cause of not having enough open shots. That, along with the players being unaware how to best operate the offense represents a flaw of the offensive structure, not the talent.

Granted, they wouldnt be so dependent on this element of the offense if Weston didnt get hurt. But that is on the recruiting strategy imo. I just dont get the point in only rostering one true point guard, one as sporadic as Cam Weston at that.

Reactions: SpaceRaider
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT