ADVERTISEMENT

New Bowl Game in 2020

Does this mean we are losing one of our existing bowl partners?

Dave, we don't know yet. Bowls were contracted for six years from 2014 to 2019. The 2020 season will commence a new bowl lineup for everyone. But don't worry. We aren't even going to be bowl eligible that year. The next two or three years....sigh.

Reactions: BRaiderDave
Dave, we don't know yet. Bowls were contracted for six years from 2014 to 2019. The 2020 season will commence a new bowl lineup for everyone. But don't worry. We aren't even going to be bowl eligible that year. The next two or three years....sigh.

I'll take that bet. We have some good talent. If OHara starts next year with Mobley, Dobson and Cobb? Yeah, that's easy money. We will bowl next year and the year after.

I'll take that bet. We have some good talent. If OHara starts next year with Mobley, Dobson and Cobb? Yeah, that's easy money. We will bowl next year and the year after.

I would take that too, we may not next year or any specific year but to think we will not be bowl eligible for the next 3 years, really.

Recruiting has been in a nose dive the past few years. We have some individual talent returning next year but not a team of it.

We have three P5 again next year. Even though we get Duke at home that's not a game we win with a newbie QB. And frankly I'm worried about TSU. They played Vandy better than we did and almost beat them.

And lastly replacing a four year starting QB is the hardest thing to do in all of sports. Sure Ohara showed some moxy with his legs but look downright lost when having to go through progressions. He may turn out to be a good one but it won't be next year.

So any amount of money. You name it. Next year is going to be as hard as this year's BB season.

I'm with MT01 here. Most importantly, we lose a ton on the OL and DL. That's where games are won and lost.

Next year is going to be rough as hell.

I'm willing to do it. Let's see who leaves at the end of the year on the staff first.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT