ADVERTISEMENT

BASEBALL Midweek home and home series with Lipscomb

Which is ridiculous!
But not surprising. For a long time when they were NAIA, they were a very strong program. They really have not lost that tradition of toughness. Sort of like Murray State's long string of basketball success, it continues to this era. Overall record this season is not all that good, but in their conference, LU is tied for first place at 11-4.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Which is ridiculous!
Not at all. For 36 years they were led by legendary coach Ken Dugan. Won 1,137 games in a storied career. He & Larry Schmitou were synonymous with college baseball in the mid-state. In my opinion, he was to college baseball back then, what Rick Byrd is/was to college basketball in the middle Tennessee area.

The decline of Blue Raider Baseball ⚾️ is surprising, especially given the direct involvement and support of the BOT. 😂
a series of bad and botched hires, something not limited to just this sport, couldn't over come a brand new facility to play in. New facilities can't over come poor recruiting and coaching. Maybe the current guy can ultimately be successful, but the last ten years under the previous two are not encouraging.

Reactions: BlueAlpha
Isn’t the coach an interim?
99% sure he’s permanent. Can’t imagine in the age of the portal we would roll with an interim for a year. He is certainly well credentialed, has multiple years as a HC.
Now, was he the best candidate when Toman stepped aside? We will never know but the time of year our opening happened, IIRC, didn’t lend itself to a deep pool of viable candidates putting in for the job.
But just going on memory, I didn’t look the timing of Toman leaving up anywhere.

99% sure he’s permanent. Can’t imagine in the age of the portal we would roll with an interim for a year. He is certainly well credentialed, has multiple years as a HC.
Now, was he the best candidate when Toman stepped aside? We will never know but the time of year our opening happened, IIRC, didn’t lend itself to a deep pool of viable candidates putting in for the job.
But just going on memory, I didn’t look the timing of Toman leaving up anywhere.
I think this is where I got that:

“Associate Head Coach Jerry Meyers will take over as the Interim Head Coach for the 2022-23 academic year.”

Reactions: BlueAlpha
I think this is where I got that:

“Associate Head Coach Jerry Meyers will take over as the Interim Head Coach for the 2022-23 academic year.”

You are correct, I was just looking at some of the same articles. Credit to he and his staff they were able to sign some kids and until the past few games, field a pretty competitive team.

For consolation as well as schadenfreude, I noticed utk lost to tn tech (rpi #274) tonight. Earlier this season MT swept its two games with the golden eagles. Any time utk loses, it's a great thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT