ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL MBB and WBB doubleheader, Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Once my favorite day on the athletic calendar but now . . .

In addition to the numerous games which will broadcast today ESPN has 200 men and women's games steaming on 3 or +. Of course, neither MT games is to be seen without subscribing to CUSA.tv at an exorbitant price considering the production values of the broadcast.

Great being a fan of the MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY BLUE RAIDERS

I was thinking today how much I hate having lower division teams on our schedule as anything but exhibitions, but then I had a thought and it may make it make sense. I have heard that teams can have 2 scrimmages against D1 teams, 2 exhibitions against lower level teams, or 1 of each in a season. By playing 2 lower level teams to start the year as actual games you allow yourself to have the "exhibitions" and the scrimmages. If that is the though process behind it I can get more on board with it.

Reactions: GMClemson33
Once my favorite day on the athletic calendar but now . . .

In addition to the numerous games which will broadcast today ESPN has 200 men and women's games steaming on 3 or +. Of course, neither MT games is to be seen without subscribing to CUSA.tv at an exorbitant price considering the production values of the broadcast.

Great being a fan of the MIDDLE TENNESSEE STATE UNIVERSITY BLUE RAIDERS
They are streaming for free tonight.

Brescia has a woman HC. And their nickname is Bearcats. Learned 2 things tonight.

Interestingly, they don’t count the Murray or our game as real. It’s an exhibition. So the NAIA school says it’s not a real game, but we count it.
I explained one possible reason why previously.

Decent win. Guess we'll see how we stack up against real D1 competition against... Bethune-Cookman

Conference USA broadcast still not great, but a lot better than it used to be. Flipping through some on ESPN+ and it was just as good or better than some. Most are also linked to radio announcers and have the one camera view. Only major difference is you can see score on the screen.

Reactions: MTOleBlue
I watched Belmont get their rear ends kicked by Ohio of the MAC on ESPN+ tonight. They were behind by close to 20 late in the game. After some early technical glitches, the picture was hi-def crystal clear. The audio was mysteriously garbage all night. As was Belmont's play for stretches in the second half. The look on Casey Alexander's face as he was outcoached by Boals!!!!

What was repeated to me, certainly second hand info to me, by someone I trust at the game, is that he is out for the season...

What was repeated to me, certainly second hand info to me, by someone I trust at the game, is that he is out for the season...
So now we're down two potential starters or at least heavy contributors (Jordan and Coleman-Jones), both possibly for the season before the first game? Is this program, and by extension McDevitt, obviously snake bit?

Reactions: SpaceRaider
I am not making excuses for Nick because I think he has underperformed, but that dude can’t seem to catch a break. Hopefully the depth he discussed was real. All depends on if Fussell and Turner are good enough to fill that void. We also really need a breakout year from Millin and Lawrence. Nick had good things to say about Millin and so did Donovan.

Reactions: SigmaNuBlue
Friday night opponent Bethune Cookman lost to South Florida 75-54 at USF.

Going to be a tougher opponent than NAIA Brescia

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT