ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Middle Tennessee (2-5, 1-2) @ Liberty (6-0, 4-0) (CBSSN), 6PM, Tuesday, October 17, 2023

SpaceRaider

Blue Raider Legend
Gold Member
Jul 22, 2001
God's Country
game thread, links are a work in progress:

williams-stadium-201810200281EMcover-4.jpg

Liberty University
Founded: 1971
Enrollment: 15,000 Undergrad Postgrad
Acceptance rate:
51%
Colors: Blue, White, and Red Nickname: Flames Mascot:
Fight song:
Fan the Flames
Series: tied 1-1
Stadium: Williams (25,000)
Head Coach: Jamey Chadwell (ETSU, 2000) Record at LU: 0-0 (1st) Overall: 99-57 (14th)
2022 Record: 8-5 2022 Bowl: Boca Raton
Starters Ret./Lost:
9/19 Lettermen R/L: 26/36

Weather Forecast: 60°, Intermittent clouds, Wind W 5 mph

Where: 1972 University Boulevard, Lynchburg, Virginia 24502

Stadium Policies (prohibited items): Williams Stadium Clear Bag Policy

Ticket Notes: Get Tickets Here

Television: CBS SPORTS NETWORK, Play-by-play: Carter Blackburn, Analyst: Brock Vereen

Radio: PxP: Chip Walters, Analyst: Joe Dubin

• Local WGNS 1450 AM/100.5 FM/101.9 FM
  • Nashville 93.3 FM/95.1 FM
  • Sirius XM Internet 988

Streaming: Audio, Video

Live Stats: Live Stats

Newspapers: The News and Advance (Lynchburg), , , ,

Message Boards:
A Sea of Red, , , , , ,

Blogs: aseaofred.com

Athletic site: libertyflames.com, goblueraiders.com

Media Guides: , Middle Tennessee

Preseason Previews: , , , ,

Game Notes:
Liberty Game Notes, MT game notes, CUSA Game Notes

Game Previews: , , , ,

Roster:
Flames, Blue Raiders

Twitter: @LibertyFootball, @CoachChadwell, @LFSNRadio, , @LUFlamesVoice, @ASeaofRed, @Liberty_Flames_, , ,

Hashtags: , , , ,

Facebook:
Liberty Flames Athletics, Liberty Flames Football

Youtube: Liberty University Flames, , ,

Instagram:
Liberty Football,

2021 Game Thread:
Middle Tennessee @ Liberty (ESPN3), 2:30PM, Saturday, October 9, 2021

Last edited:
If WKU put up 31, they will do 50+. Our secondary is not good enough to hold them back.

their message board thread, getting really a deep dive, they even bring up the Sword of the Lord.

their message board thread, getting really a deep dive, they even bring up the Sword of the Lord.

"My understanding is that Stockstill receives automatic extensions everytime they win 6+ games which is almost every year for them. Idk if the current AD is the person that gave him that stipulation though. If it was I can understand why he's not well liked. I think a stipulation like that is fine if it's 8+ wins but 6 is settling for mediocrity."

So even other fanbases get it. 🤦‍♂️

• Sad
Reactions: Hop45
Up to +14

I took a flyer on MT +450 on the moneyline. Just $20. Pays $90...ya never know.

We likely get blown out. Our OL and secondary are just too weak.

Hans messaged me to see if I was coming to Lynchburg since I'm so close.

I just flat out told him no. And not to the 'Boro as planned earlier either. Not until changes are made. He of course has no say in any of that but the point was made.

I can barely bring myself to watch on TV with the state this program is in right now.

Liberty. By a ton. Easily hitting the spread. I'm predicting by about 20.

I just flat out told him no. And not to the 'Boro as planned earlier either. Not until changes are made. He of course has no say in any of that but the point was made.

I can barely bring myself to watch on TV with the state this program is in right now.

Last week, I text messaged him those pics posted here of the crowd for La Tech. He was in the gym and said he would call me back. I’m guessing he answered my text before he looked at those pics because he didn’t call back. 😂

I don't blame you... I can get to the stadium faster than I can get to The Avenue and I refused to go last week.

I went to the first three home games this season and that was more than enough for me.

I genuinely hope we lose and I think we will. However, we always seem to win one we shouldn’t. This might be a trap game for Liberty. They’ve got WKU next week on the road. The winner of that game likely will host the conference championship game. The more I think about it the more I think we keep this one tight.

I think Liberty at home with another one of their great crowds behind them wins easily.

I genuinely hope we lose and I think we will. However, we always seem to win one we shouldn’t. This might be a trap game for Liberty. They’ve got WKU next week on the road. The winner of that game likely will host the conference championship game. The more I think about it the more I think we keep this one tight.
While I genuinely never hope we lose, I do hope Stock addresses the media tonite after the loss, and announces his resignation

Liberty could blindfold their QB and still put up 35. Liberty is your bet and it's a good one. I want to be wrong I don't think I will be.

This is MTs Super Bowl. There are no meaningful games left after this one, at least for the players. I know the coaches will try and move heaven and earth to win out for 6 wins….but for the players….tonight is the night.

All comes down to line of scrimmage. If SHSU can go in there and almost win, then most other teams can too. Liberty needed a last second red zone turn over on downs to hold off SHSU. They are not invincible.

our DL is getting crushed tonight. Several starters missing on that DL for us and its showing

Reactions: BRaiderDave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT